• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    No further telly tonight, but I read some more of Falling

It's turned windy and just started raining here. Going to carry on that way for a while, it seems

Monday again tomorrow

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Morning.

Sunday.

The clocks went back an hour at 02:00 just to screw up everyone's body clock.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Chilly in here at 15.9 deg, 16 deg in the kitchen, 13 deg in the leanto.

1018 mBar, 30.06 in Hg, 763.56 Torr, 14.76 psi, (up fro 1011 last night), 67% RH (Lidl electric).

Freecell score: 75%, running average: 79%.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine.

Lunch: there was brunch.

More gardening: the pile of crap for incineration gets ever larger.

Getting dark earlier now. .

Tea: beans on toast etc.

Entertainment: some bolloxy poetry thing on R4.

NZ Highway Patrol: S1 E4: the one with the nutter with a meth lab in the boot of his car.

Some bollox or other on Blaze: "watching" being a considerable exaggeration.

"The Final Appointment (1954)" with Sam Kydd and Arthur Lowe (the latter in a bit part).

M.R. James: Ghost Writer on BBC4.
    Whatfeckingever.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been a roast beef dinner

Accompanied by the latest episode of Ambulance

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Took Mum to big Tesco. My brother and I made an executive decision to replace her boiler, which he's going to organise.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Done a bit of mucking around with the forum, trying to work out why it can't use memcached for cacheing, which I'm hoping will ease the pressure on the database and make things run a bit more smoothly. Turns out vBulletin requires an old memcached PHP library, and the server is only configured with a more recent one. So I've had to ping the people who run the servers with instructions for how to add the missing library

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Early lunch, although it isn't really, of reheated KFC hot wings and popcorn chicken with ketchup

People forget that the extra hour from the clocks changing means lunchtime happens later, so if you're feeling peckish "earlier" than usual, that'll be why

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Someone forgot to tell Max the clocks were going back.
    Misty walk on very dewy ground, but pleasant none-the-less

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Gloriously sunny morning with only a few wisps and chemtrails breaking up the blue. Currently 9 degrees with a high of 14 expected. There might be some rain in the wee hours overnight. Barometer up to 1022 mBar.

Just having a cuppa before heading down to see Mum. Apparently on Friday she turned the heating thermostat down and then complained the radiators weren't getting hot. My brother put the thermostat back up and she's now back in tropical levels of warmth.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Hmmm. Wondering whether to bother to go on village group walk at 10. Can I be ar***d?? Hm. Huh. Um.

PS Yeh, may as well. Nice day.
    Last edited by xoggoth; Today, 09:26.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Sunny day out and expected to continue thus, though getting dark an hour earlier according to the arbitrary and capricious temporal labelling conventions presently in use. The open skies are letting the heat escape though: currently 8°C and only reaching 13°. The barometers are up a chunk at 1010/1018mB

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Sunday.

The clocks went back an hour at 02:00 just to screw up everyone's body clock.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Chilly in here at 15.9 deg, 16 deg in the kitchen, 13 deg in the leanto.

1018 mBar, 30.06 in Hg, 763.56 Torr, 14.76 psi, (up fro 1011 last night), 67% RH (Lidl electric).

Freecell score: 75%, running average: 79%.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine.

Lunch: there was brunch.

More gardening: the pile of crap for incineration gets ever larger.

Getting dark earlier now. .

Tea: beans on toast etc.

Entertainment: some bolloxy poetry thing on R4.

NZ Highway Patrol: S1 E4: the one with the nutter with a meth lab in the boot of his car.

Some bollox or other on Blaze: "watching" being a considerable exaggeration.

"The Final Appointment (1954)" with Sam Kydd and Arthur Lowe (the latter in a bit part).

​​​​​​​M.R. James: Ghost Writer on BBC4.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 21:49.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Today's entertainment was the usual Monkey Life plus other wildlife stuff. It's all kicking off between the various otter clans of Singapore

And I've read a few more chapters of Falling. Some good twists in the tale

Early night plus the clocks going back means I can have a lie in and still be up in time for tomorrow's early Monkey Life session

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea was brought to me from KFC

The additional stuff from the perennial special offers means I'll probably be eating the leftovers for a couple of days

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    With The Wife away, this morning Max and I went for a walk. Came back in, hung up the washing and went for a walk.
    Walked 6km to a hostelry, consumed some of the guest ale (Exeter Avocet), then walked back home.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

You should set up a FitzCam and live stream the shenanigans, perhaps with live commentary like wot Big Jet TV does
    I have thought about that, but I'm not sure what the neighbours would think about having a camera trained on them, with their comings and goings streamed to the world

Leave a comment:

Working...
X