• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Apart from an old Traffic Cops whilst dining, I didn't bother watching anything tonight as I'm very tired. It's possible that I'm feeling some lingering effects from drinking champagne and other wines for about eleven hours yesterday

Early night now, and I daresay I'll feel a bit better in the morning

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Sausage bap for tea, as the sausages Needed to be Eaten™

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post

Where did you stay?
    Middleton Lodge Estate

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Afternoon denizens

Home again!

The lack of USB outlets in such of the hotel's rooms as I stayed in, combined with my own forgetfulness in the matter of chargers, led to all my sundry devices dying overnight

Anyway, breakfast was nice again, and the bill wasn't too painful; and with those matters settled, it was time for the 150 mile journey home. No stops this time

It's sunny here, and warm too at 24°C with a high of 25° expected shortly. The barometers are either up, down, or steady at 999/1006mB but I don't know which as I wasn't here yesterday
    Where did you stay?

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Despite no rain being forecast, rain happened.

HWMBO and I went over to the nether regions of one of the many trading estates near Park Royal to pick up some Mexican ingredients he'd ordered to take back home on Monday.

I have a reasonable parking space secured as a result of the drive. I opted for ease of parking over proximity to my front door.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Afternoon denizens

Home again!

The lack of USB outlets in such of the hotel's rooms as I stayed in, combined with my own forgetfulness in the matter of chargers, led to all my sundry devices dying overnight

Anyway, breakfast was nice again, and the bill wasn't too painful; and with those matters settled, it was time for the 150 mile journey home. No stops this time

It's sunny here, and warm too at 24°C with a high of 25° expected shortly. The barometers are either up, down, or steady at 999/1006mB but I don't know which as I wasn't here yesterday

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Afternoon all

Dull and overcast. Damp. There was a thunderstorm around 0530 that seemed to comprise a couple of lightening flashes and some rumbles and a good while later, rain. Currently 19 degrees with a high of 20 expected. Will remain cloudy all day but no further rain forecast. Barometer down to 1007 mBar.

HWMBO appears to have picked up my cold, just as I'm recovering.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Rainy rainy, doubt ll1 will want a walk today.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Friday.

Wet.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Grey.

Miserable.

Sunless.

Cool in here at 18.8 deg, 20 deg in the kitchen, 18 deg in the leanto.

1006 mBar, 29.707 in Hg, 754.56 Torr, 14.59 psi, (up from 1005 last night), 76% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 9th of November 2019 NF had run out of bacon & had to fall back on some pigs in blankets (or equivalent) that he found deep in the freezer (as one does), whereas I couldn't be arsed to cook & it was soup again, whilst in other news The Mystery Bike was still present, leading to a discussion of bicycle tyres, Alibaba & cheap chinese crap.

Lunch: there was.

It stopped raining for a while, thusly: walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom.

More TLGW read, plus a few pages on the Orange Moron.

Tea: beans on toast etc.

Entertainment: The League of Gentlemen (1960). Not that foul bbc thing, rather the film with assorted proper actors.

"Kung Fu (1972)" with that David Carradine: I've never watched the pilot ep before. It explains much that was mysterious. It comes on double sided dvds so you never quite know which set of eps you're going to get until you see the TOC.

Finally Fringe S4 E21: watched in bits since I appear to be Fringed out following on from S4 E19 "Letters of Transit".

S5 may well remain unwatched.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 22:40.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I see I forgot to do any posting yesterday. You didn't miss much.
    We missed you

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    It's late, and I'm trolleyed

Goodnight

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Received another call from the agent about the gig they were discussing with me yesterday. I now know who the client is. They confirmed they have submitted my CV and expect to hear back by Tuesday as there's a number of roles they're filling, which means lots of CVs going over to the client. They think I'm a great match, which is nice to hear after so many rejections and ghostings for the past few months. They also didn't flinch at the rate I'd quoted which makes me think that, once again, I've undersold myself. Fingers crossed and all that. I am choosing to believe that they wouldn't be this positive if they didn't think they could earn some money out of me, as there's nothing to be gained by stringing me along or wasting the client's time with a duff candidate.

When the rain stopped, I popped over to Sainsburys for some milk and other comestibles. Noticed that sunflower oil in the 'ethnic' section was way cheaper than in the oil aisle, as seems to be usual. It's always worth stopping by the more interesting aisles for ingredients.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    There's been a couple of rumbles of thunder and now it's raining with some enthusiasm.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Afternoon all

Dull and overcast. A bit of a breeze. Damp from this morning's rain and more is on the way this afternoon. Currently 19 degrees with a high of 22 still to come. Barometer at 1010 mBar.

I see I forgot to do any posting yesterday. You didn't miss much.

I did get a call about a gig which sounds very interesting and exciting, and I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Not long to kick-off now. For reasons that were explained to me several weeks ago but which I've forgotten, some of us have to change rooms for tonight, so I have to pack up all my stuff. While the wedding is going on, the hotel staff will move our bags across to the other place, which I gather is in a cottage across the grounds

I reckon getting everybody drunk and expecting them to then find their various ways to places they've never been before is ambitious, but we shall see

Leave a comment:

Working...
X