• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Must be getting a little better, as I managed to focus on the TV for longer tonight

First up, the two parts of the new 24 Hours in Police Custody: Murder on Prescription investigating the fatal stabbing of a disabled woman in Wisbech. This was interesting but my God, Wisbech seems to be an unutterably bleak place, blighted by poverty and drugs

And as I wasn't yet exhausted, I ventured upon S1E1 of Jessica Jones, A.K.A. Ladies Night (TV Episode 2015). It seems pretty good, so I may even remember to watch the rest of them

But I'm knackered now. Still don't feel quite as bad as I have been, but even watching telly really takes it out of me

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    TFBSZ

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea: twirly pasta bol

Not much of the twirly pasta left now. Might get a different shape next time

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Contemplating the reality of having to clear the parental home within two weeks, I've finally accepted that I shouldn't have got rid of the storage unit when I moved here

It doesn't help that I've failed to sort out any of the boxes that were in there since bringing them here

Anyway, I've just rented it (well, one in the same place) again. The theory is that I'll move the numerous boxes currently cluttering the place down there, which will give me enough room for the stuff from the house, and also space to get things rearranged. It's more like a badly-made 3D sliding block puzzle at the moment, which is why nothing gets done about it. Once the flat's sorted, I can then see about dealing with all that stuff.

Their prices have gone up by a fair bit in the last couple of years, which I'm hoping will encourage me to sort out the boxes over the next few months. We shall see

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Hail!

I had popped out for a catch up with a chap from a consultancy and got home in the nick of time.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Managed to cram my grownup hat on my head for long enough to tell the conveyancer to go ahead with exchanging contracts today, for completion two weeks from now

That's quite enough of that for one day

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: sausages in finger rolls

If it wasn't for the lurgy I'd have been down at the parental home now, taking stuff away. As it is, my sister is there, texting me to ask if I want this or that, and I've also got emails from the solicitor about the completion date, which depends on stuff my sister is arranging so I'm having to ask her about that too. And then somebody from ClientGov popped up on Slack asking questions about old stuff, though they went away again once they realised I was "on leave". I'm supposed to be resting so I get better, not dealing with all this stuff!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    My AirPods Pro have arrived!

When I placed the order yesterday, it said they'd be here on Thursday. But then they shipped in the evening, and UPS just arrived with them

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all

Chilly on the walk earlier - it was only 8C at 6:30am

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Took me van to a garage that should have been 10 mins away at most, took me 1/2 hr. Road was closed and they had diverted the traffic along a narrow winding road, totally blocked as impossible to pass. Why are these people such idiots? Managed to turn round and drive through the town.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Bright and sunny, not a cloud to be seen. Chilly though: currently 10 degrees with a high of 15 expected. Rain forecast for this afternoon. Barometer up a smidge to 1009 mBar.

Off to the hairdressers this morning to get the greys painted over.
    Last edited by ladymuck; Today, 08:10.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

It's a grey sort of start towards the northeast but brighter with lots of blue patches towards the southwest, with no clear indication of which will win. The weather app says it's raining but it isn't at the moment, though it has been and may start again at any time. It's also expected to be quite breezy. Colder today, being 9°C with no more than 13° expected, while the barometers are back up slightly at 995/1003mB

As far as the lurgy is concerned, today's the first day I've thought on getting up that I might feel slightly better, as opposed to feeling not quite as bad; a subtle distinction, but an important one. This hasn't really translated into being better, as the mere process of getting coffee and so on has left me knackered. But I'll take it as a sign of improvements to come

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Ho hum.
    Cleared the "system cache" and it's fixed it again. Another clue…

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Morning.

Wednesday apparently.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cooler in here at 17.1 deg, 17 deg in the kitchen, 14.5 deg in the leanto.

Condensation on the bedroom window for the first time this autumn.

1006.5 mBar, in Hg, Torr, psi, (up from 1005 last night), 74% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 11th of November 2019 there was discussion of the fall in temperature of the NF flat, it having reached a mere 22 deg, freezers appeared to be full universally, some with litre containers of frozen apple, whereas I made a trip down the dump to rid the place of yet more detritus.
    Ho hum.

Shopping trip to Aldi & Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. Aldi had no dates, and Tesco didn't have the fish or the Brains faggots. Highly successful.

Lunch: there was.

Still sunny. And cold with it.

Windy as well.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked, towards the end of which it decided to sprinkle a light rain upon me.

It changed its mind later & pissed down with a vengeance.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: The Bridge S1 E5, E6, E7, E8. I'd completely forgotten the ins & outs of this.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 20:54.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Wednesday apparently.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cooler in here at 17.1 deg, 17 deg in the kitchen, 14.5 deg in the leanto.

Condensation on the bedroom window for the first time this autumn.

1006.5 mBar, in Hg, Torr, psi, (up from 1005 last night), 74% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 11th of November 2019 there was discussion of the fall in temperature of the NF flat, it having reached a mere 22 deg, freezers appeared to be full universally, some with litre containers of frozen apple, whereas I made a trip down the dump to rid the place of yet more detritus.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 07:38.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X