• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tonight in reading, I finished off The Founders. And then I started on Falling by T. J. Newman. This is the first novel by a former flight attendant, who's been very successful with this and her two subsequent books - movie rights sold for vast sums, top of the bestseller lists, and all that. I think I bought it because it was part of a "buy four things and get x% off" offer on Amazon. Anyway, it seems like a decent enough thriller so far, though I haven't actually got very far with it as I got distracted researching the possibility of rendering irregularly-shaped views in SwiftUI

Thursday tomorrow!

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been pork cutlet with chips and beans

This was accompanied by a new Police Interceptors. Got to get them while they're hot!

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Much research needed for the additional project I was put onto. Spent the day surfing t'interweb for clues.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Another day done and it was quite interesting, working with somebody else on some stuff. But I'll be glad when it's this time tomorrow and I'm done for the week

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: bacon bap

It's brightening up here now. The lawns out the front have been mowed; I just saw a squirrel going round inspecting the results, probably making sure that the stuff I sometimes see him or her burying in it is still there

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

It started off sunny with lumps of fluff but has now clouded over. Currently 14 degrees with a high of 16 expected. No rain forecast. Barometer up to 1028 mBar.

It looks like the missing recycling bin that belonged to the flat upstairs has been found and returned. Or, someone has randomly dumped a recycling bin out the front. I'll take a look later. The lad upstairs got a replacement delivered so that means a surfeit of recycling receptacles. I'm sure the council will happily take away the spare bin for reuse elsewhere.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Wednesday apparently according to the distopian R4 programmes I just listened to, featuring all those tech bros who have a 90% chance of fecking up the world even more than it's fecked up at the moment.

Dry.

Wanly sunny.

Chilly in here at 16.8 deg, 16.5 deg in the kitchen, 14.5 in the leanto.

1026 mBar, 30.2977 in Hg, 769.56 Torr, 14.88 psi, (up from 1025 last night), 65% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on November 23rd 2019: unchanged from yesterday. .
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 09:12.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Slightly foggy start out and not so warm at 8°C, though it'll brighten up this afternoon and get to 15°, or so it is foretold. The barometers are up to 1019/1027mB

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tonight's viewing was a new episode of Traffic Cops. This was tacked on to a series that was last updated a while ago, I think, so it may have been one of those that had to wait for some legal stuff to finish before it could be broadcast

And then I read most of the rest of The Founders, in which a Musk-free (well, he was still the biggest shareholder) PayPal had a successful IPO, was bought by eBay, and eventually grew so big that it was spun off as a separate business again

Having a four-day week means I don't have a hump day. I suppose tonight could be called hump night, but people might get the wrong impression. Anyway, for me, half the week is done!

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    And tea has been spag bol

Before that, the walk was walked

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Ended up doing some work today, though interspersed with various breaks while other people had meetings. It's a bit quieter on this project than it was on the one where I was sole developer, so I'm having to get used to the idea of having a pretty stress-free working day

Lunch earlier was a Pukka steak slice

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Afternoon all

Sunny and dry with lumps of fluff hanging about. Currently 16 degrees and that's the high for the day. Barometer up to 1025 mBar.

Lunch was a cheese and mushroom omelette.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Tuesday apparently.

Another dream of university, not having paper to take notes, and blackboards that extend upwards to infinity & beyond faster than one can write. I was glad to wake up.

Wetly damp or damply wet.

Grey.

Sunless with hints that it might reconsider.

Chilly in here at 16.4 deg, 16.5 in the kitchen, 14.5 in the leanto.

1020.5 mBar, 30.1353 in Hg, 765.44 Torr, 14.8 psi, (up from 1017 last night), 67% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 23rd of November 2019 Twitter reckoned that NF's interest was in Amber Rudd, and a little later he was "In the Chinese" , whereas I was cooking chilli con carne and watching yet more BTVS (the singing one & the one where they forget who they are), whereas LM had to order a soundbar due to inadvertently ordering a telebox that had connectors of a new & different kind, which is always irritating.

Freecell score in the ongoing drizzle: 93%, running average: 79%.

Lunch: there was.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine, though there were dark clouds across the valley on my way back.

Tea: beans on toast etc.

Entertainment: PM <click>

Digging for Britain: Roman cavalry <click>

The Bad Skin Clinic: eczema. lipoma. horrid growth behind ear. keloids on a chap's ears.

Digging up Britain's past: Robin Hood. Bad King John's palace in Nottingham etc.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Yesterday, 21:12.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Dry in the sky, but wet on the ground. A pleasant perambulation earlier.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Now the sun has risen, it's revealed a largely clear blue sky with a few golden fingers of cloud. Though it's 9°C it "feels like" 4°, though it will rise to 15° later - which will "feel like" 13° - along with increased cloud cover. The barometers are up at 1012/1020mB

Leave a comment:

Working...
X