• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been chicken in red wine sauce, with rice for a change

Accompanied by S4E1 of Secrets of the London Underground, for it's back!

Just like yesterday, it's turned sunny for the evening out there

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/g-zblg#

Good job you're not on VS - they've been cancelling their Caribbean flights
    Yeah, we've been tracking it

I'm not surprised other destinations in the Caribbean have been cancelled as Beryl has caused / continues to cause havoc. The last thing SVG and Grenada needs is tourists.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Thanks! We're on BA254
    https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/g-zblg#

Good job you're not on VS - they've been cancelling their Caribbean flights

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Safe travels! Hope it's not too choppy on the way up.

BA254, I assume, or are you on VS198?
    Thanks! We're on BA254

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied

Morning all, local time 0801

Yesterday was the calm between storms. Today's weather doesn't have a name but it's windy and very wet. Not sure if it's the sound of the rain falling on the palms that makes it seem worse. Apparently there are thundershowers but I've not need / heard anything to corroborate that. Currently 27 degrees with a high of 29 expected.

We're due to head home today, and I'm not looking forward to the drive to the airport. I expect there'll be much flooding on the way. Hopefully the roads won't be busy if people decide to stay home and wait it out.
    Safe travels! Hope it's not too choppy on the way up.

BA254, I assume, or are you on VS198?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: Scotch broth with a couple of crusts of wholemeal

Very gloomy out, with impending drizzle

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied

Yesterday was the calm between storms. Today's weather doesn't have a name but it's windy and very wet. Not sure if it's the sound of the rain falling on the palms that makes it seem worse. Apparently there are thundershowers but I've not need / heard anything to corroborate that. Currently 27 degrees with a high of 29 expected.

We're due to head home today, and I'm not looking forward to the drive to the airport. I expect there'll be much flooding on the way. Hopefully the roads won't be busy if people decide to stay home and wait it out.
    I assume the remains of it will circle back over the Atlantic and get here some time next week, so you'll be able to say you were in the same hurricane twice!

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Yesterday was the calm between storms. Today's weather doesn't have a name but it's windy and very wet. Not sure if it's the sound of the rain falling on the palms that makes it seem worse. Apparently there are thundershowers but I've not seen / heard anything to corroborate that. Currently 27 degrees with a high of 29 expected.

Last edited by ladymuck; Today, 12:44. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Got a very excited message from my uncle in Australia. He has been browsing some genealogy forums and found someone who has some information on our (great)-great-great-grandfather, at what point do I tell him the message is from my dad, his brother asking, a similar question on the same forum four years prior?

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Wednesday.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Drizzly.

Cool in here at 19.6 deg, 20.5 in the kitchen, 19 in the leanto.

1004 mBar, 29.648 in Hg, 753.06 Torr, 14.562 psi, (down from 1012 last night), 78% RH (GDR hair), 67% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 16th of October 2019 it was sunny around here, I was in the hoi pollo, still sunny on the way home & sunny whilst the next patch of lawn was prepared, meanwhile WTFH was ditto ditty, or ditty ditto in the sunshine, or something, and NF slept late, had a Greg's steak bake, watched a spider catch a fly for later consumption, and had spag bol for tea.

The Freecell box was randomly resetting itself: turned out to be the onboard audio thing, so I turned that off and it managed to boot ok. I should uninstall the driver but oddly enough I can't be arsed.

Freecell score: 87%, running average: 86%.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: TWATO. <click>

"Buried": why the council that bought the PCB laden tip from Monsanto seem so unwilling to do anything about it.

Veronica Mars S2 E10, E11.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: PM.

The Human Jungle S1 E8 "Fine Feathers (1963)". The woman in debt to HP companies one.

Blaze: What on Earth? Dallol town in a volcano in Ethiopia: I've seen this before on something else. Turns out to be a potash mine built by the Italian Fascists. Kim Il Sung's islands.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 20:23.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    A bit murky and not exactly July temperatures out, but it was a pleasant perambulation non the less.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Driving around the south of Barbados we saw visible signs of the high winds on Sunday night / Monday morning with bits of beach where they shouldn't be and other signs of damage. Power and water were out for several hours. Where we are, on the west coast, had a very brief power off and on again outage in the early morning but otherwise had no issues at all.

Have been tracking the evolution of Beryl since it left the area and am stunned by how severe it's gotten.
    A high wind in Jamaica

Sounds like you escaped the worst of it

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Grey again, with some drizzle again. Currently 11°C and expected to reach 17°, so very slightly cooler than yesterday overall. The barometers have dropped quite sharply to 997/110mB

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Evening all, local time 2015

It's been a nice day, mild weather with a high of 32 degrees.

We had an early start today, being picked up at 0740 to be taken across the island for rum tasting. It was a bit touch and go as to whether it would go ahead but all venues were open and welcoming paying customers. We went to Four Squares and Mount Gay. Four Squares was the preferred rum.

Driving around the south of Barbados we saw visible signs of the high winds on Sunday night / Monday morning with bits of beach where they shouldn't be and other signs of damage. Power and water were out for several hours. Where we are, on the west coast, had a very brief power off and on again outage in the early morning but otherwise had no issues at all.

Have been tracking the evolution of Beryl since it left the area and am stunned by how severe it's gotten.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tonight's only telly was the motorway cops thing from the part of the country that has no motorways

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

Working...
X