• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Cloudy and a bit grey looking on account of Storm Beryl heading our way bringing hurricane force winds from this evening. Currently 28 degrees ('feels like' 31) with a high of 31 expected. Rain forecast from 6pm onwards.
    Exciting!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: sausages in finger rolls

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all, local time 0829

Cloudy and a bit grey looking on account of Storm Beryl heading our way bringing hurricane force winds from this evening. Currently 28 degrees ('feels like' 31) with a high of 31 expected. Rain forecast from 6pm onwards.

The drive out yesterday was fun. Some interesting ideas of what a "highway" is.

We were supposed to be doing a catamaran trip today but that got cancelled.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Cloudy start out with evidence of a bit of a breeze, and also traces of overnight rain. Currently 15°C and not getting any higher than 18°, with the barometers trivially down at 1002/1010mB

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Morning.

Sunday apparently.

Dry.

Sunny.

Cool in here at 19.8 deg 21 deg in the kitchen, 19 deg in the leanto, 16.8 deg in the saltinghouse.

1010 mBar, 29.825 in Hg, 757.56 Torr, 14.6488 psi, (up from 1008 last night), 78% RH (GDR hair), 66% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 15th of October 2019 it was misty, moisty, raining, eventually raining old women & sticks, and NF had run out of nectarines which meant no breakfast, plus the forum was playing up again..

Shirts in the WM.

Shirts out of the WM and pegged out on the line.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Cottons in the WM. Must remember to flip the mattress later.
    Yes. The forum is fecked.

Cottons out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Lunch: beans on toast etc.

Shirts in off the line & roughly iRoned, now airing upstairs.

It's very grey & gloomy around here & not at all warm.

In other other news, the continuing excavations in the freezer have revealed Yet Another 2 litre icecream container full of cooked apple. I'll need the hammer & chisel again. Ho hum.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 12:46.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Sunday apparently.

Dry.

Sunny.

Cool in here at 19.8 deg 21 deg in the kitchen, 19 deg in the leanto, 16.8 deg in the saltinghouse.

1010 mBar, 29.825 in Hg, 757.56 Torr, 14.6488 psi, (up from 1008 last night), 78% RH (GDR hair), 66% RH (Lidl electric).

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 08:37.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Not as much wildlife stuff on today, and most importantly: no Monkey Life as the series ended last week

In addition to reading nonsense on the Internet, this evening I read a bit more of Black Box about the problems that came about with computerisation, in particular the many incidents involving the Airbus A320 in its early days

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Oh, and we had 4kg of sea bream delivered today along with a gurnard, from the fisherman who doesn’t eat fish (unless I prep it for him). Took the heads off, gutted them and trimmed the fins. Tomorrow I’ll finish prepping before deciding what goes in the freezer, what he gets, and what we’re eating tomorrow night.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    A patch of nettles the size of our garden in Surrey has been cleared (by hand, no chemicals of tools used), and not I’ve got that lovely tingling sensation in my arms where the gloves didn’t quite cover.
    Off to a plant sale tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been brought to me from the Indian restaurant down past the other side of the park. Very nice

Speaking of the park, a big chunk of it has been fenced off ready for a Kasabian gig next weekend

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    On the way back, I noticed that one of the windows in my old flat is broken!

They've put a board or something on the inside, but it's going to be pricy to fix that. He wouldn't have had this problem if he hadn't put my rent up so much that I bought a flat and moved out on principle

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    At the dentist
    Home again

Strictly speaking, I was at the dental hygienist. It's basically paying a fine for admitting Failure to Floss

Sunny and Simpsonesque out now, and it feels a bit warmer than the 19°C alleged by the phone app. Even the watch app says it's 21°

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    At the dentist

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all, local time 0732

Bright but cloudy. Currently 28 degrees ('feels like' 32) with a high of 32 expected. Thunderstorms forecast for this afternoon.

Oistins Fish Friday was a bonkers affair but excellent food. It rained a fair bit.

Today we're heading over the other side of the island to New Castle.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Cloudy out, but mild enough at 16°C heading for 19°. Chance of light rain soon though. The barometers are up a touch at 1003/1011mB

Leave a comment:

Working...
X