• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Applications for any sort of role continues, no bites yet.
    Tell me about it - I have 2 roles ready to go but both are in holding patterns...

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Afternoon all

Hot. Sunny. No cloud. Currently 31 degrees with a high of 32, which is lower than the high of 34 I saw when I looked at my weather app this morning. Barometer is down to 1015 mBar.

Last night HWMBO and I watched Blade II (2002). HWMBO realised he'd never seen it before.

Today I was supposed to pop some extra bits over to storage and take out a drawer unit that I can now fit in and could do with using. However, after a very uncomfortable night's sleep, I decided that I couldn't be bothered. I feel it was a wise decision to not be lugging about boxes in this weather.

Applications for any sort of role continues, no bites yet.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: pâté on toast

Not getting any cooler but there's still occasional traces of a breeze coming through the front windows

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Tuesday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Coolish in here at 21.1 deg, 23 deg in the kitchen, 21 deg in the leanto.

1012 mBar, 29.884343 in Hg, 759.06 Torr, 14.6778 psi, (unchanged), 72% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 27th of October 2019 it was getting cold with much condensation on the bedroom window, whereas I had watched BTVS "Dopplegangland", NF had watched much of MI, to whit: III & IV, and it transpired that it was clock changing frenzy day again, LM was taking a train an hour earlier than the one she'd booked, and NF also found it chilly.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the unbearable heat of the day: remembered the sunblock today.

Lunch: beans on toast etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about cash, 60% of bank branches having closed, looks like D. Adams opinion on the Galactibanks is coming to Earth.

Some poor sod drives from Brecon to Cheltenham to withdraw cash from Barclays.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 11:26.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Sunny start again. By dint of opening windows, I slept a bit better. There's also a very light breeze this morning which has already got the living room temperature down to 24° in the space of half-an-hour or so via the small side window, it being 17°C out there with a predicted high of 27°. The barometers are down again though, at 1006/1014mB

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Morning all time for a walk before it gets too hot
    The walk has been walked - a rather short one, as I was sweating like a ... actually, most of the analogies I might use would be highly inappropriate... sweating like a very sweaty thing at the world sweaty contest.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all time for a walk before it gets too hot

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tonight's viewing was the Gloucestershire police night shift thing

Too hot to do anything else. I had a fairly crap night's sleep last night too, probably because it was too warm, so I'm knackered

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been KFC leftovers

I was thinking of making spag bol, but couldn't be bothered. I'll have to do it tomorrow though as the mince is out of the freezer

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Warm, innit

I remembered that among the stuff I've inherited are a couple of those tall fans, so I took one into the study and it makes things a lot more bearable

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Afternoon all

Hot. Blue sky. No cloud. Currently 29 degrees and that's the high for the day. Barometer down to 1017 mBar.

A morning of rejection emails. Still, that's better than being ghosted, I guess.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Links are up (at the second attempt)

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Monday.

Discussion of fava beans on today, next chianti, then liver. .

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cool in here at 19.9 deg, 21.5 deg in the kitchen, 19 deg in the leanto, 16 deg in the saltinghouse.

1015.5 mBar, 29.9876 in Hg, 761.68 Torr, 14.728 psi, (down from 1018 last night), 70% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 26th of October 2019 Farmageddon had proved suitably amusing, NF had some M&S variety of special sausages, and I had some long forgotten bol I found in the freezer compartment of the fridge.

Bedding wash in WM along with a random white shirt.

Out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the unbearable heat.

A400M flew down the valley. Must have been going to the beach.

Lots of butterflies today: nearly a dozen small browns, might have been a brimstone, couple of whites, maybe a peacock.

Jeans & cords in the WM.

Jeans & cords out of the WM and pegged out on the line.

3 lawns mown in the unbearable heat, more to mow if the fecking mower decides it will start again.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about countdown timers and wowcher, whatever that is.

TWATO. waffling on about Jnr doctor's pay. Nothing about pay for doctor designers of weapons of mass destruction. Bastards.

The remaining 5 lawns were mown: when the petrol mower flooded I used the electric, then when the petrol mower unflooded I used that.

Defence in depth innit.

Tea: soup: too knackered to bother with anything else.

Even the cold shower wasn't cold enough today. Phew wot a scorcher.

And the backs of my hands are sunburned.

Entertainment: The Mentalist S3 E7, E8, E9, E10, E11, E12.

Rambo: First Blood.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Yesterday, 22:08.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    CBS, etc. Hot.

Is it nearly the weekend?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Sunny start to what promises to be a hot day: already at 16°C and expected to get to 27° this afternoon as the first salvo in a warm week. The barometers are, perhaps unexpectedly, down a little at 1011/1019mB

Leave a comment:

Working...
X