• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Utterly knackered after yesterday's journeying.

Morning.

Friday.
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cool in here at 20.7 deg, 21.5 deg in the kitchen, 18.5 deg in the leanto.

1011 mBar, 29.854 in Hg, 758.3 Torr, 14.6633 psi, (up from 1008 last night), 72% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 2nd of November 2019 NF had watched the director's cut of "The Exorcist" , followed by "MI: Rogue Nation" as a way of calming down afterwards , LM recalled watching the trauma of watching the original, meanwhile around here Ye Cracke of Doome had sounded which took out the local FM transmitter so I was reduced to LW for Today wherein Matthew Paris had left the Fourth Reich for the Lib Dems.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: The Mentalist S7 E7, E8.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: The Mentalist S7 E9.

Some massacring of brambles since I was getting a bit bored.

Entertainment: The Mentalist S7 E10, E11.

HIGNIFY (2021) edition.

Americast.

All being well tomorrow sees the end of The Mentalist, then it's time to find sommat else to watch.
    As per fecking usual.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    TFBSZ

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been a roast Big Chicken dinner

Accompanied by Trucking Hell

It's been a very frustrating week. It now seems clear that the likelihood of the project being binned is around the 99% mark, but nobody will say anything officially until various things have been through various processes. So we have to carry on getting things ready for Go Live whilst pretending not to know that any steps towards that goal are almost certainly a complete waste of time and effort, which is annoying to say the least

Luckily, we've been held up for much of the week waiting for another team to sort some technical infrastructure out. I strongly suspect that the head of that team knows perfectly well what's going to happen, and has told the chap who's supposed to be doing the work not to bother unless pestered for it by us, "us" in this case meaning me. So I've left him alone because once he gets that done, my stuff is ready to go and I'll have to start inconveniencing other teams by getting them to do work which they'll have to undo a few days later

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Weekend!

Bright sunny afternoon here

Earlier on, a couple of blokes visited the flat across the landing. They left in separate vehicles and one of them looked like he might be a builder or tradesman of some kind so there may be some activity over there soon, and a new neighbour

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch has been a cold pork cutlet in a wholemeal bap with apple sauce

My brother received the Grant of Probate in the post this morning! So now the house sale can go ahead, with the timings depending on the buyers. They're at the end of a chain of four IIRC, so let's hope everybody can get things coordinated

I've spent part of the morning scrolling through photographs, trying to work out when our parents had the electric fire installed in the living room. I got back to 2011 when about two inches of the side of it can be seen at the very edge of a photo of our Dad unwrapping presents on his 80th birthday. But I think my sister must have found some paperwork relating to it, as the date that's been reported back to the estate agents is 2009

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Afternoon all

Blue sky with wispy fluff. A light breeze. Currently 21 degrees with a high of 24 expected. Barometer up to 1016 mBar.

More rejections this morning. I don't have the required skills or experience apparently. I felt I was overqualified, so maybe that's what they meant.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Utterly knackered after yesterday's journeying.

Morning.

Friday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cool in here at 20.7 deg, 21.5 deg in the kitchen, 18.5 deg in the leanto.

1011 mBar, 29.854 in Hg, 758.3 Torr, 14.6633 psi, (up from 1008 last night), 72% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 2nd of November 2019 NF had watched the director's cut of "The Exorcist" , followed by "MI: Rogue Nation" as a way of calming down afterwards , LM recalled watching the trauma of watching the original, meanwhile around here Ye Cracke of Doome had sounded which took out the local FM transmitter so I was reduced to LW for Today wherein Matthew Paris had left the Fourth Reich for the Lib Dems.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 22:10.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all

CBS, etc, TFIF, etc.
    Walk was shorter than usual due to me and the dog both deciding to have a lie in.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Isn't it amazing how many things one wishes one had asked that can no longer be answered.

There was one today about a rare book my late mate had sold to the Bodleian Library.
    I know! Just this week I had questions for my Dad about when he was writing for comics, which can't be answered now

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

A sunny Friday morning with the wind having died down, though the open skies will presumably be letting the heat out: currently 13°C but not getting any higher than 21° later. The barometers are back up a bit at 1004/1012mB

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Another old Traffic Cops was watched earlier, for want of energy to think of something else to watch

Friday tomorrow! About time too!

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Isn't it amazing how many things one wishes one had asked that can no longer be answered.

There was one today about a rare book my late mate had sold to the Bodleian Library.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Today in thorny questions on which I would have sought my Mum's advice but now can't: how much to give for my niece's wedding present?

They haven't bothered with a list of household appliances and crockery and such, sensibly in my view, instead soliciting donations of actual money to the "Honeymoon Fund". My sister is also unsure but suggested a figure that seems reasonable (and is towards the low end of what I was thinking the range might be) so I'll go along with that

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea: homemade sweet & sour pork and fried rice. Not going to win any prizes in the Chinese equivalent of Masterchef (General Secretary Chef?) but it's nice enough

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Raining here, though not torrentially

Leave a comment:

Working...
X