• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by covbob View Post
    Finally started going out of my tiny little mind enough that I put in my 3 months notice at CivilServiceBody today. Not sure what to do next but I feel the need to do what I do well (networks) instead of what I currently do badly (managing developers).
    Time for a new adventure!

Leave a comment:

• covbob
    replied
    Afternoon all

Thanks for all of the TV suggestions

Was lovely here earlier but clouded over now.

Finally started going out of my tiny little mind enough that I put in my 3 months notice at CivilServiceBody today. Not sure what to do next but I feel the need to do what I do well (networks) instead of what I currently do badly (managing developers).

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    I seem to have stopped watching TV for a while now. To spend a bit of sofa time with Mrs CB I might look at some mindless stuff for pre-bed watching. Any ideas?

Things we've gone for before...

Police Interceptors (and similar)
    Repair Shop
    24 hours in police custody (and 24 hours in A&E before that)
    Secrets of the Underground (I think... Scandi girl and enthusiastic guy look at what's behind the closed doors in tube stations. Actually that'd be a lot of fun IRL - when I was a networks guy I used to love going behind closed doors where no-one else could see).

And Mrs CB watches sewing bee/bake off when I'm out (usually with at least one child next to her).

None of the above require too much attention or for me to watch a whole series to understand what's going on!
    Frasier, C4 has all 264 episodes, easy watching and most not seen before.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch has been some M&S "dinky" sausage rolls and a bag of plain crisps

They're OK, but the pastry/filling balance is tilted a bit too much towards pastry

In other news: a fire at Iceland! The shop by where I used to live, not the country, which has already been on fire repeatedly this year: Investigation as van fire spreads to Leicester supermarket

You can almost see my old flat in the photo down the page with the police car, but it's hidden by the "Welcome to Iceland" sign and the tree beyond

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post
    Morning People (and others)
    looks like i'm going back to work
    dry and bright here.

I've done work and I can't, in all honesty, recommend it

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Wednesday.

Grey.

Sunless.

Foggy: can't see the other side of the valley, boyo.

Chilly in here at 16.2 deg, 16.5 in the kitchen, 16 and a bit in the leanto.

1024.5 mBar, 30.253 in Hg, 768.44 Torr, 14.859 psi, (up from 1022 last night), 77% RH (GDR hair), 74% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 25th of September 2019 talk turned to bookbinding, with Cojak relating the expense of watercolour sketch pads, prompting NF to relate The Tale of The Reconstructed Latin Poetry Text Book. .

Shopping trip to Boots the chemist for some of the needful items, though the shampoo I've bought for decades seems to have disappeared without trace.

Haircut done & dusted: much relief: popped in to make an appointment & got done then & there, it not being busy (a notional Tuesday morning, it being a BH Week).

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: thing on R4 about the Irish unwed mothers thing. The plot thickens.

Veronica Mars S2 E5 "Blast from the past".

Tea: mixed grillness again: sausage, bacon (back, smoked), chicken portion, gravy. Nice enough though the sausage turned out to be some sort of hyperchillied dragon sausage that I bought from Morrisons sometime ago.

It's amazing what one finds in the nether reaches of the freezer.

Entertainment: PM. 18 o'clock news.

Doesn't look like there's much to watch this evening.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 17:03.

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied
    <groggy> Morning People (and others)
    looks like i'm going back to work
    dry and bright here. <groggy>

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Walk was walked in very foggy conditions. I think MMtSH was with me on it, but I couldn't see the end of the lead. 11,495 steps, 9.7km. A reasonable start to the day.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Sunny start out, albeit with a fair amount of cloud drifting about here and there. The weather app thinks it's foggy, but I would say that if it is, it must be that invisible fog. Currently 10°C and it'll soar to 20° later, at least in theory; the barometers are also soaring at 1017/1025mB

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Another old Police Interceptors watched earlier

And lots of The Illusionist read - only the final section of that left now, covering D Day and up to the end of the war

I also did some playing around with a bit of maths, which is a change for me. I wanted the formula for generating a curve of a particular form, so off to Wolfram's MathWorld where I found it. Then I remembered that MacOS comes with a graphing calculator, Grapher, so I fired that up. It's very good, and I was able to enter the parametric equations from Wolfram and see the curve, then play around with bits of it and get an idea of how to tweak it. And then I discovered that Grapher can also animate curves by varying parameters, so I was able to experiment with some basic animations. Lots of fun, and gave me a good idea of what I need to do to use this for generating a 3D geometrical structure for rendering in SceneKit

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea: bol with twirly pasta

Turned into a nice sunny evening here

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    I seem to have stopped watching TV for a while now. To spend a bit of sofa time with Mrs CB I might look at some mindless stuff for pre-bed watching. Any ideas?

Repair Shop
    Secrets of the Underground (I think... Scandi girl and enthusiastic guy look at what's behind the closed doors in tube stations. Actually that'd be a lot of fun IRL - when I was a networks guy I used to love going behind closed doors where no-one else could see).

And Mrs CB watches sewing bee/bake off when I'm out (usually with at least one child next to her).

None of the above require too much attention or for me to watch a whole series to understand what's going on!
    The "Scandi girl" is Icelandic

The BBC's recent Secrets of Pompeii (or similar title) was interesting - all about a new dig in an area of the city that hadn't previously been investigated

Other than that, I tend to watch the stuff you listed on endless repeat

Oh, there's Night Coppers - S2 is on C4's streaming thing at the moment. All about policing the drunkards and junkies that make up the vast majority of Brighton's nighttime population

And, of course, Trucking Hell on C5's streaming thing. All about hauling lorries out of ditches, cars out of canals, and so on. S1 was all about Crouch Recovery out at Kibworth, so lots of East Midlands locations you might recognise, though from S2 onwards they started including a London firm, and later added one from up north

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied

Repair Shop

Mastershout
    Ambulance
    Saving Lives At Sea

Leave a comment:

• covbob
    replied

Repair Shop

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch has been takeaway leftovers. Even after being reheated for a few minutes in the air fryer, those onion bhajis are extremely good

Leave a comment:

Working...
X