• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• xoggoth
    replied
    Email just received with header コピーヌ サンシャイン 女子学生会館

Sure that must be genuine.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Time to hit the road!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Today, we continue the long-running series "Small tasks that take a trivial amount of time and effort but which for some reason I will have put off for months before I finally get around to them" with "Popping my glasses in the ultrasonic cleaner for a few minutes"

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    I never seem to get around to having any more than a round of toast for breakfast, but today I changed things up a little by having a toasted teacake instead

I suppose it should have been a hot cross bun, but I don't have any of those

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Friday. Oh Good.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Bright. Ideal for photophobia.

Chilly in here at 12.7 deg, 12 deg in the kitchen, 11 deg in the leanto.

982 mBar, 28.998 in Hg, 736.56 Torr, 14.242 psi, (up from 975 last evening), 76% RH (GDR hair), 69% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 11th of September 2019 LM wanted some sort of Mac comestible and was informed that using suitable ingenuity such could be prepared on a client site, to celebrate this there was a Dilbert cartoon where Wally microwaves a fish, not to eat but to stink the place up, with the added joy of the Breakfast/Lunch scene from "Falling Down (1993)". Breakfast always goes better with 9mm holes in the suspended ceiling.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 10:26.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I've always thought how dull and repetitive current music is, seems it's not just because I'm an old fart.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...ince-eighties/

Anyway, prob. ll1 walk today, if it aint too rainy.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

It seemed sunny out when first I awoke, but as it's not a real day I went back to sleep for an hour or two. Now it's cloudy and very windy for good measure, though no rain expected. Quite mild at 9°C with 12° expected around lunchtime, though I'll have migrated south for lunch by then. The barometers are cautiously creeping back up at 971/979mB

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Blue sky out, for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Afternoon all, Playa Mita calling, local time 1736

Sunny, blue sky. Currently 24 degrees, the high was 26.

I meant to check in from LA this morning but was too busy getting breakfast in the Qantas First lounge before my flight down.
    Don't forget to bring us back a stick of Playa Mita rock

Tonight's major motion picture wasn't a premiere because I watched it a few years back: Nixon (1995), being Oliver Stone's take on the career of the eponymous disgrace to the office. Despite the cowardly attempt in the voiceover bit at the end to make out that he had some redeeming features and is deserving of reconsideration, I abide by Dr Hunter S. Thompson's view: "He could shake your hand and stab you in the back at the same time… If the right people had been in charge of Nixon’s funeral, his casket would have been launched into one of those open-sewage canals that empty into the ocean just south of Los Angeles. He was a swine of a man… Evil in a way that only those who believe in the physical reality of the Devil can understand it… Honest historians will remember him mainly as a rat who kept scrambling to get back on the ship."

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Afternoon all, Playa Mita calling, local time 1736

Sunny, blue sky. Currently 24 degrees, the high was 26.

I meant to check in from LA this morning but was too busy getting breakfast in the Qantas First lounge before my flight down.
    Last edited by ladymuck; Yesterday, 23:52.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    A pleasing mod number (366466), as I say TFBSZ.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea: oniony chicken casserole and chips

Accompanied by a bit of Trucking Hell

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Oh, and I just had enough time to get the mundane laundry in the machine between meetings this afternoon, so that's drying now

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    I was going shopping, but it's not urgent and BigJet TV are at Heathrow 27L for Storm Nelson

I'm heading south for a family Easter lunch tomorrow and go past a Sainsbury's at each end of the journey, so I can do it then if I can be bothered

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Very windy here too, and varying from Simpsonesque earlier to gloomy and raining right now

But that's me done - let the weekend commence!

I have to say, I admire the confidence of the team at ClientGov who deployed an update to one of their APIs at 16:56

Leave a comment:

Working...
X