• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Loads of Monkey Life seems to have disrupted the rest of the schedule, leading to bits of Australian borders and New Zealand roads policing scattered at random times through the rest of the day

And this evening, as there isn't a new one, a couple of old episodes of 24 Hours in A&E

Monday again tomorrow. It may be the day we finally learn the fate of the project, though it also may not be

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been a roast beef dinner

I still don't know what's going on with the freezer that made like Lazarus, but for the past week it's worked perfectly - a tad colder than expected, if anything

The thermometer I have in there is one of those that records maximum and minimum temperatures, and the only time it dipped below its set temperature of -18°C was when I put some stuff in it after shopping, and then it got back down to the correct range within a few hours. I'm still not putting anything that's risky if it thaws out in there, like meat, but it's coping for now with bread, Yorkshire puds, and the like

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    It was a hot and sticky ride down to Sussex. I think the aircon in my car is kaput. More expense!

Mum was ok, new notes in the kitchen claiming things have been stolen. Evidently the steak knives have been found and it's now spectacles that are missing.

HWMBO greeted me with a cooling G&T on my arrival home.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    The mundane laundry is on

Lunch was some KFC popcorn chicken that they included for free, reheated in the air fryer as it had gone a bit soggy in the fridge overnight. Nice enough as a snack, though not very filling so I might have something else in a bit

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Are you mad? My gardener knows as much about the mechanics of mowers as I do about moderating internet forums!
    ah! - an expert then

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post

morning,

doesn't your gardener take care of all that stuff??
    Are you mad? My gardener knows as much about the mechanics of mowers as I do about moderating internet forums!

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Blue sky with wispy fluff. Currently 22 degrees with a high of 26 expected. Barometer up to 1023 mBar.

Off to visit Mum today. We finally sorted a gardener which she'll be pleased about.

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Morning all
    Lots of gardening yesterday and more to come today. Main mower deck belt went ping again and when I changed it, the replacement kept jumping off. Getting tired of repairing it.
    morning,

doesn't your gardener take care of all that stuff??

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Sunday.

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    A dream about the hydraulic clutch operating lever on the Ford Zodiac Mk IV. .

Dry.

Grey.

Wanly sunny.

Misty.

Cloudy.

Cool in here at 19.8 deg, 21 deg in the kitchen, 18.5 deg in the leanto.

1019 mBar, 30.09 in Hg, 764.3 Torr, 14.779 psi, (up from 1015 last night), 71% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 26th of October 2019 there was some sort of rugger competition under way, whereas I was more innerested in going to that Swansea to watch Shaun the Sheep in Farmageddon and buying more Glengettie teabags before I ran out of same, plus next door's cat wasn't using the litter tray much to my amazement, LM had had a nice evening out, and xogg had found a £10 note when clearing a footpath, which was nice.
    As per.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: something on R4, I forget quite wot.

The Mentalist S3 E3, E4, E5, this last the boring horserace one.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: The Mentalist S3 E6.

Am Dro: the Eisteddfod special, quite how special remains to be seen.

Digging up Britain with that Alice Roberts. 2016.

Disasters: Zeebrugge ferry disaster. The usual tale of incompetence.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 21:35.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Sunny start out, and it's going to be a warm one too: already 18°C, with an expected high of 24°. The barometers are resurgent at 1014/1022mB

More Monkey Life this morning!

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Lots of gardening yesterday and more to come today. Main mower deck belt went ping again and when I changed it, the replacement kept jumping off. Getting tired of repairing it.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Sunday.

A dream about the hydraulic clutch operating lever on the Ford Zodiac Mk IV. .

Dry.

Grey.

Wanly sunny.

Misty.

Cloudy.

Cool in here at 19.8 deg, 21 deg in the kitchen, 18.5 deg in the leanto.

1019 mBar, 30.09 in Hg, 764.3 Torr, 14.779 psi, (up from 1015 last night), 71% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 26th of October 2019 there was some sort of rugger competition under way, whereas I was more innerested in going to that Swansea to watch Shaun the Sheep in Farmageddon and buying more Glengettie teabags before I ran out of same, plus next door's cat wasn't using the litter tray much to my amazement, LM had had a nice evening out, and xogg had found a £10 note when clearing a footpath, which was nice.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 08:46.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    In honour of Wesley Snipes' appearance in Deadpool and Wolverine, HWMBO and I watched Blade (1998) this evening. It also features Stephen Dorff when he was a hottie.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    After the excitement of five episodes from S1 of Monkey Life, there was a lot of stuff about the sea, and particularly sharks for some reason

And then some programme came on about the murders out at Narborough in the 1980s that were solved, indirectly, by the first use of DNA fingerprinting. Lots of establishing shots of various places around Leicester. I wasn't too bothered by the repeated use of shots of Hinckley Road police station, which didn't exist at the time so played no part in the matter. But I found it very irritating that whenever there was a mention of the University of Leicester they used a shot of a building at De Montfort University, which is of course a completely different thing and was Leicester Polytechnic back then

Anyway, early night now. Will it lead to me Getting Things Done tomorrow? We shall see, but probably not

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Present Laughter was very good. I am officially a new fan of NT Live. The quality of the filming and editing was excellent. You get to sit in a seat that's far more comfortable than your average theatre seat. There was no queue for the loo at the intermission and the ticket was a fraction of the cost.
    I would recommend National Theatre at home.

The seat is your preferred one in the sitting room and the interval can be anytime you want if required..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X