• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Telly was the rest of Police Interceptors whilst dining, and then The Repair Shop

I discovered to my great sadness that this means I'm now all caught up with the latter. I'd seen it on the BBC1 schedule for the last couple of days when looking at something else on iPlayer, but it turns out they're just showing repeats of the early episodes of S7, which I've watched within the last few weeks. Here's hoping they either resume S8 soon (as that's only got up to ten episodes so far versus the forty of S7), or they repeat some more older ones. Otherwise I'll be stuck with Air Crash Investigation and suchlike

The rain that had been predicted for tonight hasn't been any more than occasional light drizzle here, at least so far

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    More TV catchings up this evening. Have I Got a Bit More News For You, Inside Central Station, MasterChef and a bit of Who Do You Think You Are but I can't relate to that Suggs chap (not the one from Madness) so I turned it off.

As I am going to be home alone on Christmas Day and Boxing Day I thought I'd take a look at what restaurant kits were around for a nicer dinner than I could rustle up. Sadly it seems there are much fewer than last year but with the way things are going, I'd hope some would consider a plan B...

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been ribs and chips

Thinking more about the electrickery business, I realised that a number of the things I have plugged in in this room are disks containing data that I never look at, all of which are getting to be of an age when it might be sensible to anticipate failure anyway. So I think I should probably consolidate their stuff on an 8TB disk (one of which I bought a few months ago and haven't even unboxed yet) and thereby greatly reduce the number of individual plugs running off the limited number of sockets in here

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    The electricity just went off

Investigation revealed that such parts of the rest of the house as I have access to had no such problem. So I then had to shift a load of junk in the dark so I could crawl behind the telly and investigate the fusebox. The main breaker had tripped, so I turned that back on; this restored many things, but as I moved it back, one of the lesser ones turned itself off. As far as I can tell, that's for the plug circuits here in the living room. I tried turning it back on and… fine.

So now everything's back, and I get to sit here wondering what tripped it and whether whatever it was will suddenly burst into flames any minute

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

If you take orders from public they stick quotes in their names.
    What, like Mr James "I came, I saw, I conquered" Jones?

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    It gets better, there's records with a Line Break in the description
    If you take orders from public they stick quotes in their names.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Are all the XOFF/XON pairs evenly matched?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

It's grey out and the ground is damp, but it's not raining and it's pretty mild at 12°C

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Just discovered that someone has put TABs in some of the text fields in a database.

This is unrelated to my earlier rant.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: last bit of the shepherd's pie from the other day. Really nice, that was, and works well for both mains and lunches; I must make it again soon

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

It's been nice knowing you
    Thanks to having mixed with a great variety of strange people from all areas of society over the years, I'm pretty good at maintaining my cover as a bloke who doesn't really mind what they get up to as long as they leave me and my stuff alone, while secretly tattling to the law

The law, meanwhile, has responded. He pretty much admits there's not a huge amount that can be done until the gates are sorted out (which is why I included our councillor) but he and his colleagues will pay a bit more attention to the area for a while. It is so secluded that it's easy to forget it exists; I never even realised it was there and how big it is until I'd lived here for a month or so. But maybe a copper strolling through now and again will help make it a little less ideal for such activities

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Just discovered that someone has put TABs in some of the text fields in a database.

This is unrelated to my earlier rant.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Just sent a long email to our local bobby, the NHW group leader, and our councillor detailing a whole bunch of stuff to do with the drug dealing and prostitution that's been going on out the back (and sometimes even in our back yard) since the locks on the security gates were destroyed.

It's been getting worse for months, but the final straw was when I caught a group of junkies taking too close an interest in the Orion last week and the dealer, having arrived and sorted them out, then stopped on his way back to assure me that he would "make sure" they didn't mess with my car or otherwise get up to anything back there. I'm sure he will, as he has a nice little setup being able to do handovers off the street and away from CCTV. But it so happens that I already pay for a police force to make sure of such things, and for the council to secure the area
    It's been nice knowing you

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Just sent a long email to our local bobby, the NHW group leader, and our councillor detailing a whole bunch of stuff to do with the drug dealing and prostitution that's been going on out the back (and sometimes even in our back yard) since the locks on the security gates were destroyed.

It's been getting worse for months, but the final straw was when I caught a group of junkies taking too close an interest in the Orion last week and the dealer, having arrived and sorted them out, then stopped on his way back to assure me that he would "make sure" they didn't mess with my car or otherwise get up to anything back there. I'm sure he will, as he has a nice little setup being able to do handovers off the street and away from CCTV. But it so happens that I already pay for a police force to make sure of such things, and for the council to secure the area

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Wilko used to sell nail scissors?
    I looked in there but didn't find any other than those suitable for a baby which would probably bend out of shape on my toenails.

Bought some rigger glovers to make up for the disappointment.

Boots had some fearsome nail clippers but there's some of those in here "somewhere or other" (along with the actual nail scissors I've been using for years).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X