• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tonight's major motion picture premiere was Next (2007) in which Nic Cage plays an off brand Las Vegas magician… but his powers are real! Though also minimal. Yet they're enough that the FBI tracks him down and coerces him into helping them with a Big Important Thing. It's actually pretty good this one; pure hokum, but in a good way. I liked it

And then a rewatch of Mad Max: Fury Road (2015) because former denizen of TPD voodooflux retweeted an interesting thread about certain aspects of the cinematography on Twitter on Friday morning, which reminded me that I hadn't watched it in a while and also gave me something new to look out for whilst watching

And then… well, we have to go back to last Friday, when I watched The Omen (1976) for the first time since, I think, the 1980s; and then Train to Busan (2016) for the first time since last year. Both excellent, though I didn't get around to recording the watchings then

But after them I rewatched the first couple of episodes of The West Wing, and tonight I've rewatched the next couple of episodes. So I suppose I'm that guy who's rewatching The West Wing now

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    TFBSZ.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post

Oh and sort out an umbrella firm....
    Have a

Then speak to Lucy and tell her I sent you.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Ents has been the latest episode of The Repair Shop. No fluffy toys. A beautiful table though and I do like the book binding chap.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been one of those thick-cut ribeye steaks with the usual chips, fried onions and beans

Accompanied by a recent episode of Trucking Hell

The car earlier was a Chevrolet LUV pickup truck, which it turns out is a rebadged Isuzu. USA show of course, so no details of its fate.

And today's selection of opal hunters seemed to be doing OK for the most part.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I can't submit any meter readings as British Gas are blocking my move to Shell Energy who I had at my previous flat. Instead of sending my intended supplier a corrected gas meter reading, after I spent a month trying to get them to see that there was no way I used a year's worth of gas during the hottest month for a decade, they decided trigger the 'Erroneous Transfer' process and stop the move.

At the moment I am stuck between two suppliers and cannot submit a meter reading to either of them.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Power cut - stuck in dark for 5 minutes. Now have to go round resetting all the clocks again. Bah!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Washed some jumpers, some of which will be going to the Oxfam recycling, some of which will be keeping me warm

And I also remembered to submit the meter readings ahead of tomorrow's price rise

I'm looking forward to getting in the new flat and having central heating. I'm not sure the venerable gas fire in here will be economically viable for the coming winter

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Well it appears that approximately 7 days after deciding I probably should get a contract (for the first time in 3 years) I have a contract..

Just got to deal with the joys of AMS and a banks onboarding pain...

Boomed!

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Well it appears that approximately 7 days after deciding I probably should get a contract (for the first time in 3 years) I have a contract..

Just got to deal with the joys of AMS and a banks onboarding pain...

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    The rain has commenced here too, quite enthusiastically too.

I think I will pass on the opportunity to walk up to the Amazon locker at Morrisons.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Observation of the chestnut tree leads me to believe that it's very windy here too

The dentist texted to cancel my forthcoming appointment two weeks from now. I phoned them up to find out what they were playing at this time, and they explained that one of the dentists had left so they no longer see patients on a Friday. They then asked if I could go any other day of the week, as if it was a reasonable question. Do we live in a world where people insist that their teeth can only be examined on a particular day of the week? I've never heard of that being a thing

Anyway, I'm now going a week on Monday, though as she appeared to be addressing the phone through a megaphone from outside a closed window (and on such a windy afternoon too) I'm not sure what time. They'll probably send a text nearer the day, otherwise I'll have to phone them again and check

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    It's raining here now, and is likely to continue along those lines into the evening

The survey on the new flat just came through. As expected, nothing of note is said because there's nothing wrong with the place. The valuation is exactly the same as what I'm paying, with a list of similar (but IMO lesser) properties in the vicinity going or recently gone for the same

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    It's really rather windy out.

Just noticed the forecast is now claiming >95% chance of rain from now to the end of the day. A quick look out the window reveals the precipitation rate is in that <5% zone at present.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Lunch was leftover pasta from yesterday.

Now thinking about lighting the fire

Leave a comment:

Working...
X