• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• xoggoth
    replied
    Grumble. Something's nibbled a hole in my wooden greenhouse and knocked stuff over. Must be a rat.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Afternoon all

This morning was sunny but now its clouded over a fair bit. Currently 7 degrees with a high of 8 expected. Low chance of rain. Barometer up to 1021 mBar.

Decided to take today off work, and had a leisurely lie in. Finally did my unpacking. Usually it's done within an hour of getting home from a trip.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Links are up

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Grey day out, but not quite as cold as I'd expected at 6°C, possibly soaring to 7° around lunchtime - albeit with some accompanying rain. The barometers are dithering, being back up a little at 1016/1024mB

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

Gloomy.

Sunless.

Cold in here at 10.8 deg, 11 deg in the kitchen, 10 deg in the leanto.

1021 mBar, 30.15 in Hg, 765.183 Torr, 14.808 psi, (up from 1018 last night), 72% RH (GDR hair), 64% RH (Lidl).

Telex machine glowing gently.

Monday.

Meanwhile on March the 14th 2019 I'd completed my 2nd trip to fecking Carmarthen for the health check on my hearing, whilst NF was baking a coffee & walnut cake in the dear dead days beyond recall when one might do such a thing without taking out a bank loan for the electricity.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 10:04.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Dark and gray, must go for me wonky early today as usual boiler service blokes coming later. Funny, you never get women plumbers, bulders etc.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    The skies are mostly clear here, but no sign of the sun.
    Today’s task list includes: go to the pharmacy to get dad’s new prescription. Fix a blind in the kitchen. Move some stuff into the garage (should really be going in the bin, but he goes through phases of not throwing things out, just in case)

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    TV today has mostly been a ragbag of nondescript nonsense: New Zealand traffic cops, Australians looking for things, and some stuff about aircraft carriers. And then there was an Inside the Factory about frozen pizzas.

And finally a couple more old episodes of 24 Hours in A&E

Been raining off and on, despite no rain having been forecast until just before it happened

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post

They also need to be bigger than you measure to allow for pleats (bought 1 pair, mrs sent them back, got the next length they were equally wrong but installed before I was told to return them a second time).
    Yes, I'm sticking with suppliers that specifically ask for the length of the track and calculate the correct size from that, to avoid any unpleasant surprises

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea: Scotch broth with a couple of bits of wholemeal. Very tasty

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Holiday booked - 11 days in Saint Marie (Guadeloupe for those who don’t know Death in Paradise).
    Last edited by eek; Today, 09:31.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Curtains aren't cheap, are they?
    They also need to be bigger than you measure to allow for pleats (bought 1 pair, mrs sent them back, got the next length they were equally wrong but installed before I was told to return them a second time).

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Curtains aren't cheap, are they?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post

Only flight I caught from there left 2 hours early - everyone had checked in so the captain announced as everyone is here shall we go.

I arrived home 15 minutes before the scheduled departure time
    Took off 20 minutes early because we were all on and ready. The new EasyJet cabin baggage rules seem to be speeding up boarding.
    But my rental car… manual gearbox. Only 5 forward gears.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Couple of hours with neighbours, Missus Drinky next door & Missus Yacky up the road.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X