• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    For tea tonight, I finally got around to ordering stuff from the tandoori place round the corner on the shopping street. It's about as far away as the other Chinese was from the old flat, so I wasn't going to be so lazy as to have it delivered, and ambled round to collect it instead. Very nice evening for an amble, it turned out

As for the food: well, that was extremely good. The place was busy with people eating in, and it certainly deserves to be popular. The onion bhajis alone were amazing, and everything else I got was really nice too

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Cor it's warm out! I did a bit of hedge trimming; the ones that Mum complains about most often. Noticed that her friend had mowed the back lawn in the week, which saved me a job. I didn't do the front though as there's not enough room in the garden waste bin.

Now she's plotting a trip to the big Tesco.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

It's sunny and rather Simpsonesque out. Mild too at 15°C, though not getting any higher than 16°. The barometers are up a bit at 998/1006mB

We had three lots of estate agents round to my parents' house the other day, so I have to review what they said and what my brother and sister thought of them so I can weigh in with an opinion on which one we should go with. That's assuming we don't arrange the sale by other means - there are several people who've expressed an interest in the property over the years

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Sunny with occasional bits of fluff. Damp from, I presume, overnight rain. Currently 12 degrees with a high of 17 expected. Rain forecast late afternoon. Barometer up to 1013 mBar.

Off to visit Mum today as it would have been my Dad's 75th birthday today. I don't have anything planned but I figured she'd appreciate the company.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    ^^^ Xogg OM.

Morning.

Saturday.

Damp.

Sunny.

Blue sky in parts.

Chilly in here at 14.6 deg, 13 deg in the kitchen, 13.5 deg in the leanto, 12 deg in the salting house (I wonder when the last pig was salted in there).

1007 mBar, 29.7366 in Hg, 755.3 Torr, 14.6 psi, (unchanged), 77% RH (GDR hair), 71% RH (Lidl electric).

Shirts & smalls in the WM.

Shirts & smalls out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Cottons in the WM.

Meanwhile on the 25th of September 2019 the bus pass site was back up again, Xogg was having problems with jscript whatever that is, NF found a large spider, veteran had steak & kidney pie, original PM was off to Fleetwood Blackpool after working from home.

Cottons out of the WM & pegged out on the line. I may have forgotten the detergent but they smell ok so there we go.

Shirts nearly dry.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: Dead Ringers: not very funny.

Bits of ST IV "The voyage home". I like the bit with the whaler.

Shirts in off the line and roughly iRoned, along with those of the cottons that were dry enough to come in off the line & meet the iRon, all now airing upstairs.

Smalls in off the line & airing upstairs.

Entertainment during the iRoning: The Infinite Monkey Cage S19 "Microbes".

The Infinite Monkey Cage S19 "The Future of Humanity".

'Tis hot in the salting house: 24.6 deg, whilst in here it's all of 15.2 deg.

Tea: stuff that emerged from the freezer last Sunday before the came back on Monday night: chicken portion, two sausage (type unknown but Morrisons of some sort), bacon. Nice enough. Cooked long enough to ensure it was all dead.

Entertainment: Dixon of Dock Green S20 E3 "Harry's Back (1974)". With Lee Montague before The Sweeney offed him.

The Edgar Wallace Theatre S2 E9 "Candidate for Murder (1961)".

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 18:00.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Eoooeer, tired. Still, must get me tools together for volunteery thing at local woods.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Sun shining, I suspect we shall have a pleasant day in the garden. I shall take some prophylactic painkillers with breakfast.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I have made it to the end of season 10 of The Curse of Oak Island. No treasure found.
    None? None at all? I can't believe how unlucky those folks are

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was Spider-Man (2002) in which a grammatically-modified hyphen gets between the nouns "spider" and "man" and special effects ensue. It's OK as these things go, but the peak is the early scene when Kirsten Dunst trips and her tray flies in the air and the spider bloke catches the tray and then everything lands on it, because it was done without special effects and took 156 takes. That's Singin' In The Rain levels of commitment

Though from what I hear, the bloke in question is a right dick

Anyway, next up was a rewatch of Operation Mincemeat (2021). I may have mentioned this before, but the main staircase in the Admiralty is pretty awesome but not as awesome as the one in whatever building they had pretending to be the Admiralty in the film. Kudos, though, for the scene when they're walking down the side of said Admiralty and the Citadel, glimpsed briefly to the left side of the screen, isn't completely obscured by ivy or some such creeping plant, as it is in the present day; you'd never even look for that unless you knew the buildings and how they were back then, so the SFX people did a good job on the back of the drawers there

And then a further episode of S3 of The Wire

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I have made it to the end of season 10 of The Curse of Oak Island. No treasure found.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Hope it all gets sorted, eek. I'm sure it will but I suppose the seller could claim some form of penalty for the delay? I'd hope the errant solicitor picks up any such bill.

In my own housing news, no paperwork has been raised yet by the letting agency. This is because the landlady is overseas (not sure if resident or just on holiday) and they want to get confirmation about the removal of unnecessary furniture I've requested first. I'm glad they're doing a proper job of it so am comfortable with the minor delay.

My current landlady has lined up some viewings for tomorrow and next week. Some chap who lives up the road came past as I was faffing in the front garden who'd seen the place online and wanted to have a look at where it is due to him and his wife needing to move and wanting to stay local. I gave him an unofficial tour as I didn't see any reason not to. I almost considered asking for a swap until he mentioned his landlord keeps whatsapping him and his wife trying to convert them to Islam.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been lamb shank in red wine and redcurrant sauce with chips and peas

Accompanied by an episode of Trucking Hell

The bed has been left to air, so now I need to make it before settling down for the evening

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Well today we should be completing on twin A’s house but our solicitor has failed to sort the mortgage money out.

trouble is last email he sent said the delay was with the vendor’s solicitor - cue me being very annoyed

Hope it gets sorted ASAP

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    My offer on that flat I saw was accepted! The other people failed referencing, namely the affordability checks. So today will be about sorting my referencing out to ensure I don't suffer the same fate.

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post

My wife did it before I could stop her. I was more concerned in sorting out the offer and mortgage than subsequent bits.

and by the time I discovered what she had done it was too late
    oops! just have to handle the fallout then, - good luck.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post

so why give him the work if you thought that?
    My wife did it before I could stop her. I was more concerned in sorting out the offer and mortgage than subsequent bits.

and by the time I discovered what she had done it was too late

Leave a comment:

Working...
X