• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    After the boot factory I watched Hanna S3E3. I still feel like this one isn't really getting anywhere; it's like S2 was "Look, there's a whole bunch more stuff behind all that stuff from S1" while S3 is just "Yeah, we're basically just gonna carry on with the stuff from S2 without adding much to it"

And then the Air Crash Investigation into the BEA Trident that just dropped out of the sky into a field near Staines in 1973

Early night now so I can get the bin back first thing in the morning

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Bins have been trundled

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    While watching Monday's University Challenge, I fixed an issue that has bugged me for a long time: when you select 'view in Browser' on an email in Outlook, it opens in IE11. A few registry entries, a change of default app, and a setting tweak in Edge later they now open in Edge. I'm not a fan of that browser but it's good enough for when I want a clean email to print off.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea: breaded chunky haddock with chips and beans

I'm also on Inside the Factory but an earlier episode, about making Doc Martens.

And there was a shortened The Repair Shop earlier while my MBA was installing software updates

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Dinner was baked potato with cheese and beans.

Watching Inside the Factory, all about tortilla chips.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Went for me walk late PM to catch the late sunshine. 1st day in 3 without loony ladies but 2 loony lady days to come.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    The recycling has been sorted out and taken down, which filled the recycling bin to capacity; so that has been trundled forth in all its pomp

A few weeks ago it was dark by this time. The sun hasn't even set yet. Takes me by surprise every year
    Last edited by NickFitz; Yesterday, 16:30.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Not that I noticed; the boiler didn't restart which would have attracted my attention what with it being in the airing cupboard (full of computers) in the bedroom.

I was probably dozing at the time, though I do remember a curious thump being emitted by the wireless.
    I think the wording might have been "some customers", implying it wasn't the entire area, so looks like you dodged that bullet

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: bacon cob

And then: walk briskly walked, green ring closed

A bit early today, it seems - despite tomorrow being bin day, most houses I passed hadn't yet put their recycling bags out for my inspection

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Did you have a power cut this morning? Western Power Distribution were apologising for one in your neck of the woods around 8am on Twitter, saying they hoped to have it sorted by 9:30.
    Not that I noticed; the boiler didn't restart which would have attracted my attention what with it being in the airing cupboard (full of computers) in the bedroom.

I was probably dozing at the time, though I do remember a curious thump being emitted by the wireless.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Lunch was fish fingers in a seeded flat bread.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Did you have a power cut this morning? Western Power Distribution were apologising for one in your neck of the woods around 8am on Twitter, saying they hoped to have it sorted by 9:30.
    We didn't, but the Sonos in our bedroom did an update around 3.30am, which involved it flashing red, green and white for a few mins.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Morning.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

There' been some rain overnight, bringing an end to the precipitation-free spell. But now the cloud is clearing up and some wan sunshine is starting to get through, with more forecast for later. Mild too: 10°C at the moment, though that'll head down to 8° this afternoon. Barometers on the way down at 1018/1025mB

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Grey.

Wet.

Drizzly.

Warmer at 13.4 deg in here.

1027 mBar, 30.33 in Hg, 770.3 Torr, 14.89 psi, 63% RH.

Thursday apparently.

The recycling & waste disposal engineers had done their thing whilst I was still asleep, wasn't woken up by the glass bin being emptied.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the initial grey gloom, then drizzle, then the sun came out from patches of blue sky.

Lunch: lentil & ham soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich, nonpippy red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: You & Yours waffling on about the MC insurance debacle.

Followed by "The Coming Storm" parts V, VI, and VII. (That speed up playback thing is really useful).

I'm not quite sure what that all proved, other than the infinite idiocy of humankind but there you go, what with WWIII about to start I don't suppose it matters overmuch.

Off out now to buy more baked beans.

Shopping trip to Tesco done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised, & put away.

Bought some genoa cake (I wanted an iced slice of fruit cake but haven't seen one since a fortnight before xmas) which seems to have been devoured rather rapidly, though there's still half of it left.

Lovely sunny afternoon, made the trip to Tesco quite pleasant it being rather warmer than of late.

Watched the poor little sods on the skool playing fields enduring the rugby, something I cordially loathed & stayed as far away from the ball as possible back in the long gone days of more than half a century ago.

Tea: chilli con carne with rice, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea. Oh, and some genoa cake.

Entertainment: Discovering Ernest Borgnine.

Quantum Leap S4 E10 "Unchained": the chain gang one. Septic "justice" at its finest.

NCIS LA S11 E19 "Fortune favours (or favors) the brave". Better than the recent average.

Trucking Hell S5 E9. No Rory.

I see that BBC3 has just reappeared on Freesat. I thought the beeb were strapped for cash?

Judging by the number of BBC1 channels they've got bundles of it.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Yesterday, 21:34.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X