• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Blue sky with wipsy fluff. It's currently 19 degrees with a high of 22 forecast. Cloud cover due to increase as the day progresses with a change of rain this evening (but it didn't materialise yesterday so who knows?). Barometer up to 1021 mBar.

Busy morning. Had a few approaches via LinkedIn and where I've been found from scattering my CV around.

Was due to view a flat but that's been postponed to Saturday because (not unreasonably) the current tenants are trying to pack up and move out. Trying to get a viewing of another property where the tenant won't let anyone in to view and there's just one pre-recorded video available. I'm sure it won't look at the things I'll want to look at.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Realised when I switched to showing the new version that one bit I'd called out as a thing we'd improved had, in fact, not been improved

So I smoothly continued talking about the other stuff and never mentioned it again, and nobody noticed

I vaguely remember it being de-prioritised now

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    About to demo some UI changes to such people of the department as choose to have a look - could be a few, could be lots. In a groundbreaking use of technology, I've checked out the previous release's Git tags on my local dev environment so I can show how it used to look. Then I can quickly check out the current release's tags (plural because there's an API server and a frontend server) while wittering about the obvious problems, reload the browser window I'm running the demo in, and show off all the new shininess

Trivial enough, but I don't think most people here think of doing it that way. So such demos tend to start with a long-winded explanation of what the thing in question used to look like and why that was bad, which isn't really much use to anybody

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Dry.

Sunnyish.

Cool at 18.4 deg in here.

<prepares for the discomfort of getting up to tap the barometer>

1015 mBar, 29.973 in Hg, 761.3 Torr, 14.72 psi (up from 1011 last night), 73% RH.

Wednesday apparently.

Ow ow ow.

Entertainment: "Lifechanging": thing on R4 about an undercover policeman involved in Operation Julie back in '76 / '77.

Living in a transit van in the summer of '76 must have been fun, probably rather more so than living in it in the winter thereof.

Shopping trip to Wilko & Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Knackered now but the back seems to have survived the experience.

Lunch: scrambled egg & poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast (uncrust version), bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, a red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y: assorted courier frauds, benefit problems, child trust fund accounts. All good clean fun. .
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 11:34.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Sunny start out, with the temperature already at a scorching 15°C

No more than 21° expected later though, so not too bad. Showers likely in the evening again, possibly going on into the night. Barometers are up again at 1012/1019mB

In foul disease news: the antivirals seem to have started to do their work overnight. Although still a bit itchy here and there from time to time, overall levels of itchiness have been massively reduced. I'm hoping that the creation of new spots has now come to a halt, because there are a lot of them and frankly I could do without them. But if the drugs continue to do their thing, I assume it's just a matter of waiting for them to be cleared up by the body's repair mechanisms. Anyway, I had a decent night's sleep for the most part, for which relief much thanks

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all

This thread is currently showing as last updated by LM yesterday lunchtime.

In other news, it's a bit misty out, but otherwise a pleasant walk was had.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    The car earlier was a Lancia sports car, though they were originally planning to do one of those old Rover 3500s before discovering it was too far gone.

Then Italian bicycling happened and no more telly was seen until later: a couple more episodes of S9 of The Repair Shop

I've noticed that iPlayer is showing S9E20 as watched for me even though I haven't got that far, so I suspect that for some reason it was released ahead of its time, which might explain why ladymuck reckoned she'd seen it before (if that was the episode in question).

I don't think the itching is quite as bad as it was this time last night, but I still reckon I'll have to rely on how knackered I am after the minimal amount of sleep I got then to get to sleep any time soon tonight

A bloke on Twitter who's had shingles reckoned the antivirals started making a difference for him after about twenty-four hours, so maybe things will start improving by lunchtime tomorrow. Can't come soon enough for me

Oh, and the promised evening showers arrived pretty much on schedule, but seem to have moved on now.

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    TFBSZ

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    The crud coming off the plane trees is doing my eyes in. Horrible trees, surely they can't be native? A cursory Google implies they are some septic hybrid introduced to London in the 18/19thC when people thought they knew better.

Anyway. Portuguese was tough but I was starting to warm up by the end. i will be popping in to see the tutor early next week to go over things I missed in a vain hope of catching up.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Some of my insect bites on my leg have been found to contain pus. Others are itchy.

I don't know when I got them.

​​​​​​
    Lot of that kind of thing about

Tea has been sausages, bacon, fried egg, chips and beans. Very nice, and probably all five-a-day by some definition

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Some of my insect bites on my leg have been found to contain pus. Others are itchy.

I don't know when I got them.

​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Shingles? Scabies is a mite infection.
    Yes, slip of the keyboard - as you can tell, I've been Googling a lot of stuff along the lines of "itchy rash"

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Sounds unpleasant. I'm hoping that even if mine isn't scabies precisely, it's still caused by whatever virus has attacked me and will this be susceptible to the antiviral she prescribed, aciclovir
    Shingles? Scabies is a mite infection.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Walking, by the way, was accomplished by going to the chemist and back. Hasn't quite closed the green ring, but I'll top it off with mucking about in the kitchen and so on

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    VAT return done. Some agents spoken to (of both the letting and the working variety).

Now off to see if three weeks away from my Portuguese class has resulted in a total loss of what little I had learned.

It's looks hot and sunny out so I've put a cardigan on.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X