• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• WTFH
    replied
    TFBSZ

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been scouse with a couple of thick ends of sesame bloomer. Very tasty and warming

Also helps reduce the amount of stuff in the freezer

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Ya got yer Viz?
    Yes, I remembered to check for a new one when I went shopping the other week and it turned out to be the same day it came out

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Ya got yer Viz?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Towel wash (deep colours) done and draped

These will be transported over to the new place tomorrow. Which reminds me, I need to buy a shower curtain, as the seller took the existing one with her. Shame, it was quite a nice one

I also keep forgetting to measure the windows in the living room, as she took the curtains from there too - also quite nice ones

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    On my walky, may have found a loony lady 4. See if she replies to my email.
    It's an addiction!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    The DogTW has had the last scheduled project meeting with her, which lasted about an hour as usual. Tomorrow's walk does not need to be scheduled.

It's 16:59 and the farewell email has been sent to the relevant people and Out Of Office is scheduled to turn on in 1 minute.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    The DogTW has had the last scheduled project meeting with her, which lasted about an hour as usual. Tomorrow's walk does not need to be scheduled.

It's 16:59 and the farewell email has been sent to the relevant people and Out Of Office is scheduled to turn on in 1 minute.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    On my walky, may have found a loony lady 4. See if she replies to my email.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post

Pay attention when paying one. A lot of kettles are now only 2200watts rather than 3000watts so take longer to heat things up.

I ended up paying £40 for this one as it will boil just a single cup if that's all you want Russell Hobbs 21600-10 Illuminating Glass Kettle, Black, 1.7 Litre, 3000 Watt : Amazon.co.uk: Home & Kitchen
    Cheers - just checked the defunct one and it's 2550-3000W apparently. Not sure why it has a range like that as it doesn't have any fancy features allowing one to vary its power consumption

Anyway, that looks like a decent one so I've just ordered it, arriving tomorrow

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch has been bacon butties, as the bacon Needed to be Eaten™

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    A load of clothes have been shifted over to the new place, where the fitted storage in the bedroom swallowed them up and still looked virtually empty

I suspect I may not need the Ikea chest of drawers any more. I might repurpose it - I could fit a lot of junk in it

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Morning denizens

Another grey day out, currently 5°C and "foggy" (no actual fog) with a possible high of 7° later. The barometers have bounced back at 1017/1025mB

Today I will be shifting a load of clothes over to the new place, as that will enable me to disassemble and move a large Ikea chest of drawers, and that in turn will give a pleasing sense of progress being made

The kettle has stopped working!

Its interior light still comes on so it has power, but no heating of water occurs. I had to boil the water for my morning coffee in a saucepan

It wasn't an expensive kettle, and its lid has started sticking occasionally, but generally speaking it's served me well. Oh well, there's probably some old saying about "new flat, new kettle"
    Pay attention when paying one. A lot of kettles are now only 2200watts rather than 3000watts so take longer to heat things up.

I ended up paying £40 for this one as it will boil just a single cup if that's all you want Russell Hobbs 21600-10 Illuminating Glass Kettle, Black, 1.7 Litre, 3000 Watt : Amazon.co.uk: Home & Kitchen

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Morning all

METAR EGFF 301050Z AUTO 08008KT 7000 BKN004 OVC015 06/05 Q1025

Absolutely baltic when I left the house first thing. Bit foggy again today but not as bad as yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    The kettle has stopped working
    I find some electric things are weird. Decorative lamp in my bedroom wasn't working, assumed it needed new bulb but didn't get round to doing it. Then, a few nights ago, I'd just got into bed and it came on. Must be an evil spirit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X