• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Telly, apart from Monkey Life this afternoon and some traffic cop stuff whilst dining, was the "extended version" (i.e. with four things being fixed rather than three) from S5 of The Repair Shop, featuring (among other delights) a very fine old sausage-making machine

Early night now as I'm knackered, not just by the early start for the Zoom call this morning but also by having had a pretty rubbish night's sleep last night - probably because of fretting about getting up in time for the Zoom call

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Just noticed the time!

Guess who hasn't made the bed yet...
    Rookie mistake

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Just noticed the time!

Guess who hasn't made the bed yet...

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Neighbourhood drinks done. We invited about 25 people, expecting around 10 to show up. 22 arrived.
    everyone stayed in the kitchen/diner area, and there was room for more. A lot of them commented on how nice it was to meet their neighbours. Turns out it’s not the done thing for the last decade or more, but maybe it should be.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Scotch broth for tea, with multiseed bread. It's nice, but seemed to be lacking a certain something; I daresay it'll come together when it's been left for a bit though

But the rest has had the surplus stock/veg I had to remove added back, and will now have to cook for a bit longer

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    This afternoon's / evening's tat catch up has been Have I Got a Bit More News for You, MasterChef and Dr Who. Now finally getting round to starting the latest series of Shetland.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Towels done and draped

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Both loads of bedding have been washed and hung about.

I resisted the urge to trek across town to look at art I really don't need to buy (I have loads of pictures and prints awaiting framing!).

Rain didn't return, wind is up.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Due to a miscalculation, I've had to remove nearly a pint of the stock/blended veg from the slow cooker so I could fit the chopped lamb and pea/barley mix in there

"We're gonna need a bigger slow cooker…"

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Bacon sandwich had as there was bacon that needed using up. For extra bad cholesterol points I fried the bread in the bacon fat too

Sweet chilli sauce added for a bit of a zing (although the chilli is verging on homeopathic in the one I have open at the moment).

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Finally remembered to put on the towel wash I'd been meaning to put on for a week or so

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Afternoon all

It's dull, damp and windy out. Currently 7 degrees ('feels like' 3) and that's the high for the day. Apparently the sun might make an appearance but I'm not hopeful. Barometer up to 1007 mBar.

Had a very lazy morning. Woke up before 9am but decided I was comfy so read the news, listed to a bit on the radio and then finally dragged myself out of bed about 45 minutes ago. Bed has been stripped and the first load is in the WM. Not feeling like I want to go outside today but there's an art sale on near Covent Garden I wanted to have a mooch about. Going there will mean I end up spending money so it's probably best I stay put.

Today's Kantar diary facts are:
    Malta becomes the first country in Europe to outlaw conversion therapy 2016

Anti-apartheid and iconic South African president Nelson Mandela dies 2013

And a bonus fact I heard yesterday morning on the radio and had to save:
    The Football Association banned women's football 1921

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post

Is that with Bob Hope and Bing Crosby?
    One of the great lost scripts of the era

Leave a comment: