• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    For want of any repair-based programmes, further viewing was some more air crash stuff, this time about the famous Gimli Glider. I've seen a programme about that before, but I'm not sure if I'd seen this one; anyway, it's a good story so worth watching again

And then some American customs and border stuff, which is no different to the ones repeated endlessly on Pick except it was in HD and wasn't about ten years old. Same old crap though

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been chicken casserole with chips and peas, and very tasty it was too

Accompanied by an episode of Air Crash Investigation, about the DC-10's unfortunate tendency to suddenly shed its cargo doors at altitude

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Round our way if you put your rubbish out on the wrong day you will occasionally get a big 'WRONG DAY!' sticker put on it, which does nothing of course.

I did complain about a block a couple of doors up whose residents regularly dumped their rubbish on the street instead of their communal bins. I took photos and sent them into the council. I'm guessing they did something as they stopped doing it after a while.
    Yes, I sometimes see the City Wardens clucking over bins; I even know a couple of them slightly as they've been to the Neighbourhood Watch meetings. But they seem to have given up on bins from our main road terrace being left on the side road, perhaps because the bin men are supposed to come up the back lane and get them, and the only reason there's any bins out there is that they don't, which is really the council's problem

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Round our way if you put your rubbish out on the wrong day you will occasionally get a big 'WRONG DAY!' sticker put on it, which does nothing of course.

I did complain about a block a couple of doors up whose residents regularly dumped their rubbish on the street instead of their communal bins. I took photos and sent them into the council. I'm guessing they did something as they stopped doing it after a while.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Took a fair-sized bag of recycling down and, as that filled the bin to capacity, trundled it a day early. If the City Wardens don't like it, well, there's already a bunch of other bins that have been left out there since last week and they have house numbers on, so they'll go for the easy kill

I could do with taking another, smaller bag down, but I'll wait until others have trundled and see if I can get it in one of theirs.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Forgot to mention that it's raining a bit - just spits - with a bit of a nippy breeze.
    it's a led zep night in sarf herts.
    'cold wind from valhalla'
    proper protestant
    positively King Billy.
    brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    time for a rum and ginger i think

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Forgot to mention that it's raining a bit - just spits - with a bit of a nippy breeze.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    And I've just discovered that the box of old CDs that were left behind by my housemates back in 2004, and which somehow ended up moving here with me, and which are almost all compilations I have no interest in that came free with magazines or something, cannot in fact be recycled at the council tip as I'd thought.

I've been meaning to take them there for years which is the only reason they didn't go in the bin fifteen years ago, and I've just found the bit on the council website saying they don't accept them for recycling and they should go in the bin

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Another brisk walk! I suddenly remembered a friend's birthday tomorrow. Luckily I have a stash of nice cards and plenty of stamps so I was able to scribble something out and get it into the post box around the corner before it was too late.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Me: "That bit of the room looks so much better now I've removed all that junk that was cluttering it!"

Also me: *Quietly ignores the three carrier bags into which the junk has been stuffed pending sorting out*

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Odd. The sunset seems to be more visible to the North East, the cloud there is brighter orange. Hs the sun got lost?

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Grim Reaper on Google Street View. Looking for his scythe?

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.1195...!7i4608!8i2304
    Last edited by xoggoth; Yesterday, 15:45.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

It clouded over as I started off, then started drizzling once I was past the point of no return, gradually progressing to light rain by the time I got back

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Also in the post: letters addressed in handwriting (blue fountain pen) to each of the flats, without people's names. Mine turned out to be a circular from the Jehovah's Witnesses

I'm now wondering if the other flats' ones are also from them, or if it's some kind of lucky dip thing whereby various proselytising sects compete to win a resident for Christmas: ground floor front gets a thing from the Mormons, ground floor back the Elim Pentecostal Church, JW for me, and so on
    I've had letters like that, they make good bonfire fuel, along with the letters from some septic church in California for the previous occupant who moved out a mere 22 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Waitrose Levantine table spicy lentil soup for lunch.
    Waiting for parcels to be delivered this afternoon.

The other day we had to drop various parcels off earlier this week, thankfully the local Post Office (which is part of a converted single garage on the side of a house) - they accept ParcelFarce and Royal Mail stuff without any issue.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X