• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • FREE workshop: Preparing contractors for Autumn : Weds 29th Sep at 7.15pm. More details here.

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• ladymuck
    replied
    In mooching about the Screwfix website to determine what they had in stock, I ended up realising that my order was going to be more substantial than just an empty (easy to carry) tool box so I've gone for the delivery option and added in loads of other stuff for all the little jobs I've been thinking of doing.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Dull and cloudy but dry and warm. Currently 18 degrees with a forecast high of 21 expected. Barometer down to 1016 mBar.

Decided to have a look at my little tool box and decide what can be rescued as it's been stored in the outside shed, subject to rain. My small axe (no idea why I have one) is properly rusted but the mallet and concrete chisel (ditto) are ok. The smaller tools need a bit of a clean up and will be fine. Need to find a more durable, waterproof tool box so I feel a walk up to the high street to screwfix is in order.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
    US fashion company 'Michael Kors' buys Italian brand 'Vercace' fro US$2.1 billion 2018

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Grey. Very very very grey.

Misty.

Sunless.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Dire.

Drizzly.

Cooler at 18.8 deg in here.

1011 mBar, 29.85 in Hg, 758.3 Torr, 73% RH.

Saturday.

Woke at 04:30 and turned the wireless on so the doze was accompanied by all sorts of things until about half past eight, none of which I can remember, though a bit of "Farming Today" and the Shipping Forecast seem to have registered.

I suspect it stayed switched on because the voices of the presenters didn't grate like nails down a chalk board today.

Wireless is now firmly switched off since I can't abide the gabbling idiots on a Saturday morning.

I do rather miss John Peel's "Home Truths" of yore.

That was worth listening to.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked.

It's a bit close out there.

Still grey & very humid.

Lunch: Heinz baked beans on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, bramble jelly x 1.2 on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

I see we are shortly to be blessed with Fluoridation.

Ho hum.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 11:25.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    a bit murky here.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    No premieres tonight, only rewatches, starting with Crazy Rich Asians (2018) which is good fun even if it isn't that deep

Then Deepwater Horizon (2016) which is good but "fun" would probably be the wrong word for an exploding oil rig whatever the depth

And finally Deep Cover (1992) which is one of those that's very good for its time, but nowadays has you thinking "they wouldn't do that" a lot - mainly because modern films wouldn't have them doing that, of course, because none of us know what undercover cops in California actually do, then or now

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Went out about 1730 to meet a friend for a couple of drinks then dinner at Cinnamon Club. Just got home.

Stuffed. Had a fab evening. Bed time.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Text message earlier, I’m off to support Exeter Chiefs tomorrow

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Eek Twin B finally has her contract, she starts at the local office (thankfully) a week Monday.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Friday night special: a roast beef dinner, and very nice it was too

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

I made that mistake at AB Automotive Electronics & suffered a five week extension because of it.
    Funny you should mention that…

No risk of an extension; they got budget for an extra week which has, with my blessing, gone to the other guy, as I'm up for this other gig in a few weeks that requires security clearance. But I've just been asked if I could maybe find some time to do stuff over the weekend, as various things really need to be ready for later on Monday when some aspect of the handoff begins

It was suggested that I could get the hours back from Friday, when all my side of things would be done and dusted. I pointed out that I'll already be done then, as Thursday is the end of the month - turned out the gaffer thought that's on Friday

But my timesheet has spaces for Saturday and Sunday, so I'll get some stuff done over the weekend, which I shall book on a "day or part thereof" basis

It's all fairly easy stuff anyway and should only take a couple of hours, but I know she'll be relieved if it's ready to roll first thing on Monday morning

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Eek Twin B finally has her contract, she starts at the local office (thankfully) a week Monday.

Congratulations!

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Walked up to the high street to visit the optician's and book an appointment for an eye test.

Then popped into Wilko for Pink StuffTM and other random things.

Then along to Waitrose for a mooch, coming out with gin, white port, biscuits and chocolate.

It's a gorgeous, warm day out there. Verging on the 'hot' side.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch has been chicken, tomato and lentil soup with an end bit of wholemeal

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Just remembered that my jerrycan for the lawnmowers is almost empty. Not sure how good a look it will be driving to Tesco to fill it up.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X