• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • FREE workshop: Preparing contractors for Autumn : Weds 29th Sep at 7.15pm. More details here.

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• ladymuck
    replied
    Went out about 1730 to meet a friend for a couple of drinks then dinner at Cinnamon Club. Just got home.

Stuffed. Had a fab evening. Bed time.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Text message earlier, I’m off to support Exeter Chiefs tomorrow

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Eek Twin B finally has her contract, she starts at the local office (thankfully) a week Monday.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Friday night special: a roast beef dinner, and very nice it was too

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

I made that mistake at AB Automotive Electronics & suffered a five week extension because of it.
    Funny you should mention that…

No risk of an extension; they got budget for an extra week which has, with my blessing, gone to the other guy, as I'm up for this other gig in a few weeks that requires security clearance. But I've just been asked if I could maybe find some time to do stuff over the weekend, as various things really need to be ready for later on Monday when some aspect of the handoff begins

It was suggested that I could get the hours back from Friday, when all my side of things would be done and dusted. I pointed out that I'll already be done then, as Thursday is the end of the month - turned out the gaffer thought that's on Friday

But my timesheet has spaces for Saturday and Sunday, so I'll get some stuff done over the weekend, which I shall book on a "day or part thereof" basis

It's all fairly easy stuff anyway and should only take a couple of hours, but I know she'll be relieved if it's ready to roll first thing on Monday morning

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Eek Twin B finally has her contract, she starts at the local office (thankfully) a week Monday.

Congratulations!

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Walked up to the high street to visit the optician's and book an appointment for an eye test.

Then popped into Wilko for Pink StuffTM and other random things.

Then along to Waitrose for a mooch, coming out with gin, white port, biscuits and chocolate.

It's a gorgeous, warm day out there. Verging on the 'hot' side.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch has been chicken, tomato and lentil soup with an end bit of wholemeal

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Just remembered that my jerrycan for the lawnmowers is almost empty. Not sure how good a look it will be driving to Tesco to fill it up.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I just said "My contract ends next Thursday, so any time after that"
    I made that mistake at AB Automotive Electronics & suffered a five week extension because of it.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    The security people spotted that there were a couple of outdated dependencies of a library used in our build process. As they're only used for that, they were willing to grant a temporary exemption until we can upgrade it, which isn't going to happen any time soon as it's too much hassle.

For some reason I got dragged in to the discussion on Slack and asked what we could propose as a review date. I just said "My contract ends next Thursday, so any time after that"

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Morning all
    TFIF, etc.

The earlier mist is clearing and it looks like it's going to be another beautiful day here.
    Blue skies, light breeze, high wispy clouds here.

etc.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Misty.

Moist.

Drizzly.

Sunless.

Cool at 18.5 deg in here.

1014 mBar, 29.94 in Hg, 760.47 Torr, 73% RH.

Friday according to the wireless.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and into the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

Smalls out of the TD.

Shirts out of the WM and into the TD.

Cottons into the WM.

Shirts out of the TD.

Shirts roughly iRoned.

Lunch: Heinz leek & potato soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: NZ Border Patrol wherein which one J. Clarkson makes an appearance (2009).

MAFF are busily inspecting his cars.

Cottons out of the WM & into the TD.

Cottons out of the TD and airing on the bannisters.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked.

Drizzle returning.

Jeans & cords in the WM.

I thought it was about time.

Might just go down to the garage for a quick potch, see if I can get that old cupboard thing out of the way so I can put Yet More Shelves up.

Jeans & cords out of the WM & into the TD.

House roughly vacced with the recently washed filter so the Vax is back in "stick it to the ceiling" mode again.

'Tis a mistake to wash the filter it makes the thing far too enthusiastic.

Jeans & cords out of the TD.

All done for another week.

Tea: Tesco breaded haddock, the rest of the peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Grace Kelly.

The last 35 minute of "The League of Gentlemen (1959)" with that Jack Hawkins & Richard Attenborough et al.

Abandoned Engineering: The Taman Festival Park in Bali.

Some Belgian fort that was resoundingly fecked by Adolph & co using gliders & shaped charges.

The West Virginia Hotel with a bomb shelter beneath: The Greenbrier Bunker: now remember folks, duck & cover whilst Congress shelters under a fecking mountain 50 feet of dirt and a new wing of the hotel.

Palestinian Council Building Abu Dis.

Freecell score: 89%, running average 84%.

It was going well until the last game.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 21:25.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    TFIF, etc.

The earlier mist is clearing and it looks like it's going to be another beautiful day here.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X