• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• WTFH
    replied
    Somebody in North Devon has been cutting heroin with something very bad. At first it was a one-off reaction but the numbers are rising.

Guess whose wife has spent most of the day fielding calls from clinical directors in the area wanting to make sure their teams know the requirements of naloxone/flumazenil to be administered.

Scary stuff (and if you know anyone who dabbles, tell them to be VERY CAREFUL)

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch has been a chunky cod fillet fish finger bap (wholemeal) with red sauce. Dead nice; haven't had one of those in a while

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post

lucky bugger! - dentists like hen's teeth round here. 'no new adult patients'.
    two teeth self extracted in the last year
    Denplan. Or rather, whatever the dentist replaced Denplan with.

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied
    oops! manners!

morning all, would be a pleasant morning if not for the wind chill.

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Morning.

Appointment made for replacement of missing filling.
    lucky bugger! - dentists like hen's teeth round here. 'no new adult patients'.
    two teeth self extracted in the last year
    Last edited by sadkingbilly; Today, 09:08.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning. At last.

Tuesday apparently unless I've slept through it and it's Wednesday. No, the clock says it's "Tu".

Damp.

Grey.

Sunless.

Dreary.

Chilly in here at 13.8 deg (before I turned the fire on), much the same in the kitchen & leanto.

1003 mBar, 29.62 in Hg, 752.3 Torr, 14.547 psi, (down from 1007 last night), 77% RH (GDR hair), 67% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 23rd of September 2019 there was patchy cloud for NF with rain forecast, whereas WTFH was back from his hols & a previous client was enquiring as to the availability of his services, and I was irritated by some loudmouth in the computer room in the library.

It must be said that I'm feeling just a tad odd this morning, but not nearly as odd as I did last night: I've never watched the clock on the chest of drawers with quite such fascination previously, every time I nodded off a bit & woke with a start. Most peculiar.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 09:39.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Blue sky, with minimal wispy fluff visible. There's a touch of frost on some of the lumps of moss on the roof that I can see from my office window. Currently 14 degrees with a high of 18 expected. Set to get a bit cloudier as the day progresses. Barometer down a smidge to 1014 mBar.

Today is also bin day here but I have to trundle my own receptacles. Recycling today.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all

A rather wet dog walk earlier meant we didn't even manage 9km.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

A sunny start again, with just a few wisps of white for scenic effect. It's expected to turn windy before too long though, and a bit cloudier too, which is roughly what happened yesterday as well. It's going to be a relatively warm one though, being up to 10°C already and expected to reach 18° later; the barometers are down a tiny bit though at 999/1007mB

I poked my head out of the bedroom window to get a few lungfuls of fresh air and admire the scenery, and hark! what was that distant rumbling? Not thunder over the Ganges, but bins! For it is bin day, though of course I don't have to trundle these days, as the management company people take care of all that

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tonight's telly was S1E3 of Murder Case: The Digital Detectives, in which we learn that there's not much point deleting your messaging app if the person you were messaging doesn't, thus giving the police a pristine copy of the chat in which you confessed to stabbing somebody

And then I started reading Robert Hutton's new book The Illusionist, about Colonel Dudley Clarke who was largely responsible for some of the most successful deception operations of WWII. A great read so far, and he's hardly got started yet

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Just heard a snippet of a song on a TV show, brought back memories from 20+ years ago.

Anyway, TFBSZ.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    And tea has been spag bol

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch, by the way, was Heinz tomato soup with white bloomer toast

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied