• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    I'm currently bleeding radiators. No, seriously.
    That's the spirit!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    The Nectar card shenanigans has been sorted out (well, partially, with completion of the process expected soon) so I went a-shopping!

In fact, I went to M&S first, solely because the chocolate peanut cluster things I got from there last week were so nice that I've scoffed the lot and wanted more

I got other stuff as well while I was there, though. For a start, right next to them were some chocolate honeycomb things which looked rather nice

Onwards to Sainsbury's, though in fact I didn't need a huge amount from there - didn't even get the bill over £100 which is a surprise nowadays, particularly given that I bought razor blades, which cost more than the crown jewels on their own

Homewards, then, via the VAT fraud chip shop, so tea has been fish & chips

The chestnut outside the old flat is now in bloom, and the Polish café seems to be doing OK

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    It's HWMBO's birthday today.
    Happy birthday HWMBO!

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post

how much are you charging clientco for this bleeding?
    It's all part of the office politics*

*Particularly when you work from home and your wife complains from her office that there's a gurgling sound every time the heat comes on

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Happy birthday HWMBO!

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post

After getting the new vertical ones installed, there's been a bit of gurgling in the system. Air always coming out of just 2 rads. After taking advice from my plumber, I've turned all the other rads off and am letting the heating circulate for a while. Then go back and bleed again. Should be done in an hour.
    how much are you charging clientco for this bleeding?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied

After getting the new vertical ones installed, there's been a bit of gurgling in the system. Air always coming out of just 2 rads. After taking advice from my plumber, I've turned all the other rads off and am letting the heating circulate for a while. Then go back and bleed again. Should be done in an hour.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

The day started off cloudy but seems to be brightening up now as there's a small patch of blue visible from my window. However, cloudy will remain the theme for the day. Currently 14 degrees with a high of 19 expected. No rain forecast during waking hours but there's a chance of thunderstorms overnight. Barometer down to 1010 mBar.

I was supposed to go into the office today but I couldn't be bothered, so I didn't.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Wednesday apparently.

Dry.

Grey.

Wanly sunny.

Chilly in here at 14.3 deg, 13 deg in the kitchen, 13.5 deg in the leanto.

1005 mBar, 29.6776 in Hg, 753.8 Torr, 14.576 psi, (untapped last night), 77% RH (GDR hair), 68% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 23rd of September 2019 I bagged a pali, quite unaware, lunch consisted of health food from Ginsters, NF had successfully posted the Monday links (without trauma, how unlike last Monday), I had a trip down the dump with accumulated crap, though nothing of much consequence, and some Esteemed Customer from 2004/5 had returned wanting to upgrade his HND to a degree & was surprised to find we'd all retired, while next door's aerial erector put up a ladder outside my bedroom window without asking if it was ok by me. Just as well I was playing Freecell rather than watching pron. There was reference to James Corden who, rather unfortunately, wasn't hanged in the film "Pierrepoint", fat obnoxious **** that he is.

Lunch: scrambled egg (just scrambled egg). etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y. TWATO.

Veronica Mars S1 E22 "Leave it to Beaver": the resolution of the mystery of Lily's murder one.

The Mentalist S1 E17 FFS.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 15:21.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lots of chat on Teams about ClientGov's main office being blockaded by pro-Palestine protestors this morning, with people who were planning to go in retreating to nearby cafés or other offices to wait it out, while those who got in early now can't leave. Turning to Twitter while I wait for something unrelated, I see a video of said blockade posted by the protesters

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Overcast but dry out. As we were leaving home it looked like we might get soaked on the far hill, but it was OK.
    Only managed about 8.5km this morning. I blame the dog for sleeping in.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Oh, and Happy Beltane everybody!

I think that's all the first days of spring out of the way now

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Fog!

Not what I expected but it's a foggy start. Expected to remain cloudy all day with a chance of some rain around teatime. Warm again though, being 10°C already and reaching 18° in the afternoon. The barometers are down a tiny bit more at 998/1005mB

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    I read a bunch more of The Illusionist; he really was a most remarkable character, with some excellent ideas even in his early days of working out how best to conduct deception operations in the North African and Mediterranean theatres of war

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea: pork chop, chips and beans

Accompanied by a further episode of the thing with the motorway police that aren't always on the motorway and the dashcam clips that aren't anything to do with what's going on

Leave a comment:

Working...
X