• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• WTFH
    replied
    Harry the Happy Hedgehog...

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Afternoon all. Not posted in a while so thought I'd pop by.

According to the weather station in the garden - Temp: 19.6°C, Wind:0mph, Pressure: 1006.4hpa Rising, Rain Today 0.0mm.

The rain figure is a lie as it's been pleasantly pnissing down all morning.

It's clouded over here quite a bit. Currently 28 degrees and apparently a 50% chance of rain in the 1800 hour.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Afternoon all. Not posted in a while so thought I'd pop by.

According to the weather station in the garden - Temp: 19.6°C, Wind:0mph, Pressure: 1006.4hpa Rising, Rain Today 0.0mm.

The rain figure is a lie as it's been pleasantly pnissing down all morning.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Haven't seen a hedgehog in my garden for decades. Used to see them more when lived in London.

Stuck at home at mo. as got the plumbers in. (Not the Urban Dictionary version)

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Mr Hedgehog just came up onto the deck to say hello.
    Follow up from this...
    The DogTW went out to say hello, so Harry did what Hedgehogs do and curled up into a ball.
    The The WifeTM went out with some food for Harry, and placed it at his backside.
    Harry must have thought he'd shat himself, so stayed curled up
    The food was moved to the correct end, and after a few moments he uncurled and munched his way through it before trotting off.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Misty all night, and there is a tiny amount of precipitation happening now.
    Currently waiting for a man driving a tanker to arrive - he's currently working next door, and then I can post a joke that I've been crafting for a few days.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Grey.

Sunless.

Damp.

Warm in here at 23.7 deg in here.

997 mBar, in Hg, Torr, psi, (down from 999 last night), 68% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine is a bit dusty.

Whilst back in the morning of 29th November 2018 the X55 was late and there were no copies of the Metro to read, it was windy, but eventually the sun started shining and NF eventually woke up.

It's raining. Oh. It's stopped raining.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised & put away.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly and marmalade sandwiches, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: The Frost Tapes: Mr Frost interviewing some composer or other, the one Our Rog hoped would have his fingers broken the piano lid.

One of his songs about cats inevitably make me .

Freecell score: 86%, running average 85%.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the closeness of the afternoon.

Several blackberries picked.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 15:07.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Pale blue sky with lots of wispy cloud and a gentle cool breeze. Currently 20 degrees (it was 19 half an hour ago when I got up) with a high of 28 forecast. Barometer down to 1003 mBar. There is a yellow warning of 'hit-and-miss thunderstorms' producing downpours in some areas today and tomorrow for all of England and Wales, on Wednesday it's just the south of England.

Not feeling enthused today. Was woken at 0745 by the phone ringing - turns out that there's lots of fronts for a company called 'Fantastic Services' and they're very pushy sales people. I guess I should have been suspicious as no gardener has a 24/7 manned call centre.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Sunny-ish start, but it's already clouding over and will continue to do so. Currently 17°C with an expected high of 27°, and the thunderstorm likelihood has dropped to 30% this evening from the previous up to 60% through the afternoon. But at least it's starting to cool down. The barometers are down again at 993/1001mB

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Mr Hedgehog just came up onto the deck to say hello.

TFBSZ.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    I spent a chunk of the day learning about SwiftUI by reading an ebook on the subject and coding the examples in Apple's Swift Playgrounds app, all on my iPad Pro (using the fancy keyboard that folds out from the lid). It's an enjoyable way to work on something like that when you aren't really trying to make anything, just read up a bit and experiment

Telly whilst dining was Inside the Factory on the subject of double-decker buses. And then an old pre-covid episode of The Repair Shop

Monday tomorrow. Two weeks until we get a Bank Holiday. Seven weeks until this gig ends and I can take a proper break. I'm about ready for it

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Evening all

It's been a slightly cloudy day in both London and Sussex. Barely any breeze, hot.

Dinner and cocktails were very good last night.

Busy day today - I visited the parentals and my brother and I sorted out paperwork and rearranged my dad's bedroom. The drive down and back was pretty decent. A couple of slow patches here and there but 2 hours seems to be the normal run time.

HWMBO is back in Glasgow again and will be back towards the end of the month when we go to Singapore for a holiday.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been sausages, chips and beans. These are Sainsbury's TTD caramelised onion sausages, and very tasty they are; I'll get them again

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    The soup (herby chicken, tomato and lentil) was ready, so I tried a small bowl just to make sure it was OK. Very nice, so the rest is now attempting to cool down ready for divvying up and refrigerating

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    I can't wait for this horrible hot humid weather to go.
    Should be thunderstorms for the next few days!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X