• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    The soup (herby chicken, tomato and lentil) was ready, so I tried a small bowl just to make sure it was OK. Very nice, so the rest is now attempting to cool down ready for divvying up and refrigerating

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    I can't wait for this horrible hot humid weather to go.
    Should be thunderstorms for the next few days!

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I can't wait for this horrible hot humid weather to go.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    It’s a bit hot for soup, but the remains of the Big Chicken need to be used up so soup is being made

I may just freeze it all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    I had a toasted teacake with lashings of butter in the end

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    24.8oC inside, 29.8oC outside.

Just been prepping another batch of rhubarb & ginger jam, following yesterday’s visit to a horsey friend who has great rhubarb.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Another sunny day, already up to 27°C outside and nearly 29° in here. The barometers, meanwhile, continue their steady downward march, being at 1001/1007mB

We've got a weather warning for thunderstorms from tomorrow for a couple of days, but at least it'll be a bit cooler as well

The Antipodean Zoom call has been done, so now I can start thinking about getting some breakfast. Not sure what to have though…

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Warmin here at 23.8 deg.

1003 mBar, 29.61 in Hg, 752.3 Torr, 14.547 psi (untapped), 70% RH.

Sunday.

Another of those dreams where I'm working somewhere I hate and end up leaving.

Fortunately sleep returned after waking at 06:15.

Meanwhile back in 28th November 2018, there were 119 working days left in Ye Newe Sloughe of Desponde, and NF was debating the presence of the hamster in "Aliens", whereas WTFH was lighting a fire.

Where's the pyromaniac smiley & why haven't we got one?

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the unbearable heat which wasn't as hot as yesterday's heat.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, a yog, bramble jelly and marmalade toast, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: The Food Programme: fried chicken.

TWTW. More unadulterated joy.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 12:02.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Mod Pali!

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Oh, now…

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    There was a a new Police Interceptors to watch whilst dining

And the major motion picture premiere, Free With Prime™, was The Founder (2016) in which Ray Kroc nicks the idea for McDonald's from the McDonald brothers. I though it was pretty interesting

Early night now, for there is an Antipodean Zoom call in the morning

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    In the Chinese after all
    And very nice too

They seem to have been busy; it took longer than usual, and the driver came in with a load of bags and, a little while later, left again with a load of bags stuffed to bursting

It was a driver I used to see all the time but haven't seen in at least a year, maybe two. Perhaps he doesn't usually work weekends any more?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    In the Chinese after all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Had a sausage and bacon butty, just to tide me over

I'm not sure what to have tonight. It's a bit hot to be walking to places

Leave a comment:

Working...
X