• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Is it that time already? My word!

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was one of those time travelling things that leaves you pretty sure you'll have to watch it another two or three times to be remotely certain you've worked out what's going on before you can even start working out what it's about, and none the worse for that: Primer (2004). I'll let you know what I thought of it two weeks ago last Tuesday, when you get there

And then a rewatch of Beverly Hills Cop (1984) and Beverly Hills Cop II (1987). The first: very good. The second: not very good. Watching them back to back, one wonders how Eddie Murphy managed to lower his standards of what lines he'd utter in what contexts so far between the two films, given that he presumably had more clout and creative control over the second. But Hollywood can be a weird beast

Finally, about time I got back to The Americans: S5E9 IHOP (TV Episode 2017) and S5E10 Darkroom (TV Episode 2017)

Goodnight all
    Actually saw Primer and the more times you watch it the more sense it makes. Definitely worth a watch,

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Laundry was completed yesterday and all is drying nicely.

Checked my main PC for any fallout from Wednesday's uncontrolled shut down and that all seems fine. My two Synology nas boxes have also survived.

Now to battle BA over cancelling a booking because I fear they will say there's a fee for it being within 3 weeks of departure but they wouldn't take my call yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Lovely blue sky from my vantage point. It's 22 degrees and the high is expected to be 23. Barometer down a touch to 1015 mBar.

Had a fab night out yesterday, many cocktails followed by a delicious dinner. Got home about 1 am

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
    'Voyager I' takes the first distant photograph of the Earth and the Moon together 1977

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Grey. Very grey.

Sunless.

20 deg in here.

1010 mBar, 29.83 in Hg, 757.56 Torr, 73% RH.

Saturday by all reports.

Walk walked.

Oik fisherperson up by the res polluting the atmosphere with his "music".

Inspired by a thread Specifically In General, I first thought of "Synchronicity" but that wasn't quite it.

Then, by typing "Rupert Mandrake" into the godlike AI known as google, up pops "Rupert Sheldrake" and "morphic resonance".

We are doomed.

Well on the way to "The Second Sleep" when it all goes tits up.

Either that or "Terminator", one or the other.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 10:44.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Morning - nice to know I was awake before Nick went to bed

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Is it that time already? My word!

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was one of those time travelling things that leaves you pretty sure you'll have to watch it another two or three times to be remotely certain you've worked out what's going on before you can even start working out what it's about, and none the worse for that: Primer (2004). I'll let you know what I thought of it two weeks ago last Tuesday, when you get there

And then a rewatch of Beverly Hills Cop (1984) and Beverly Hills Cop II (1987). The first: very good. The second: not very good. Watching them back to back, one wonders how Eddie Murphy managed to lower his standards of what lines he'd utter in what contexts so far between the two films, given that he presumably had more clout and creative control over the second. But Hollywood can be a weird beast

Finally, about time I got back to The Americans: S5E9 IHOP (TV Episode 2017) and S5E10 Darkroom (TV Episode 2017)

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been M&S southern not-fried chicken and fries, with lashings of ketchup

I think their coating is slightly better than Sainsbury's because it's a little more peppery. But there's not much in it.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Celebrating the start of the weekend with an extremely indulgent strawberry tart from the Sainsbury's patisserie counter

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    A productive Friday afternoon meeting has come to an end.

...OK, it was a meeting with Andreas Stihl's offspring.

...OK, I was cleaning and sharpening two of my chain saws.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Afternoon all

Sunny with a bit of cloud. Currently 21 degrees, that being the high for the day. Barometer down to 1016 mBar.

Had a nice lie in then discovered I had no hot water for a shower (turns out when the electrician did safety checks on Wednesday he probably turned the power off at the fuse box rather than properly turning the boiler off first and then restarting it). A quick reset and all was back to normal. I haven't yet checked my office PC to see how it coped but the little micro PC in the living room survived ok.

Laundry continues apace. Dark shirts and dresses are in at the moment.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
    Indonesia raise the minimum age at which women can marry to 19 years old, 2019

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch has been the last of the previous batch of herby chicken, tomato and lentil soup, because my soupmaking ways have doomed me to eat only soup, now and forever. Oh, and some wholemeal bread

In fact, the main reason for it was so I could fit the small wholemeal loaf I bought last night (sans what I just ate) in the freezer once sliced. It's had to be spread across several bags so a few slices at a time could be slid into the space left on top of other things, but I got it in there eventually

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    there's another project

But it requires security clearance
    Worry not, we won't grass you up Tovarich.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    I had to take a break from work to go and collect a book from the Royal Mail place in the Andromeda nebula, because they still have the ridiculously short opening hours instituted because of Covid. Except while there, I discovered they have, in fact, returned to normal hours as of June and I could have gone this evening. But nobody's updated the website

The posters with the opening times even tell you to look at the website. I took a photo of one of them instead; not getting caught that way again

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Just had the consultancy get in touch: there's another project

But it requires security clearance, which takes four to six weeks at the moment. So they can start that process next week, and I should still get at least a couple of weeks off before starting the new one

And I told them I don't want an extension; having an extension to cover a completely different project with a different team looks far too like employment for my liking. So I've said I want a new contract, to be set up once the SC is sorted out

It's still not ideal, but it's a five month gig at a very good rate, so…

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    My day continues to be busy! Oh wait, somebody on Twitter wants to chat about the Sinclair Cambridge Programmable…
    At least your priorities are right...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X