• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• xoggoth
    replied
    Walk and cafe with loony lady 1. She was late as usual. Dunno which is worse, hanging around for 20 minutes waiting for her or still being in the shower when loony lady 2 turns up way early.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Sounds like my Dad might need a pacemaker. Turns out they're pretty straightforward to install these days - local anaesthetic, and often home the same day

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Sunny now, but there was a nasty bitter breeze in my face at the start. I think I'd prefer it coming from the other direction so it's in my face at the end, when I've warmed up

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Mod PALI!

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Nice one coming up...

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Oh, just noticed

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Sky cleared earlier, but there are a few clouds appearing to the north

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: sardine toasties (tomato sauce variant). Very tasty

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Bit on the grey side with occasional near-sunshine through the thinner patches of cloud

Quite mild at 8°C, but that's as good as we'll get. Barometers distinctly down at 1016/1024mB.

My Dad went to the GP for an ECG just before and they said he should get to hospital ASAP so the cardiologists can have a look; his heart rate is around 33bpm, and they said it could just stop at any moment, and the quickest way to get seen was to go to A&E and say they'd sent him. So naturally he insisted on my sister, who'd accompanied him, taking him home so he could have his lunch before going

I realise it'll be a better lunch than they provide in hospital, but there are times when you just have to accept that a flaccid corned beef sandwich is the more sensible option

Not sure what they'll be able to do; he was ninety just before Christmas and is pretty frail nowadays, so I don't know if they'd be willing take the risk of trying to put a pacemaker in him should that be indicated

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Fog is weird, picked loony lady 1 up at airport yesterday and was clear and sunny until went through a village, really dense after that. Then went to karaoke in evening and awful, had to drive slowly. Was dreading driving back but by then it had almost all gone.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Dry Wet.

Grey.

Sunless.

Warmer in here at 13.2 deg.

1025 mBar, 30.27 in Hg, 768.8 Torr, 14.866 psi, 63% RH.

Wednesday apparently.

Due to inclemency, no walk yet.

Freecell score: 86%, running average 84%: not a good session.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toasted crust, bramble jelly and marmalade sandwiches on same, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: The Bozo Bunter (the fat owl of the remove) show on TWAO.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the intermittent sunshine with big black dark clouds foreboding something or other.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 15:19.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Still a bit on the dark side but clear sky and dry. Currently 6 degrees ('feels like' 4) with a high of 9 later. Cloud cover expected to increase as the day progresses. Barometer down to 1026 mBar.

Slept well, all that mental effort must have been good for me!

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Overcast but dry out, and a positively balmy 6C

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Viewing during and after dining was Trucking Hell. Still no Rory, but apparently he's in the next one

Then Gomorrah S1E2, Ti fidi di me? (TV Episode 2014). TBH it's unfolding pretty much as one expects a Mafia drama to unfold so far, but it's pretty good so I'll go along with it

And finally S3E2 of Hanna, Grape Vines and Orange Trees (TV Episode 2021). This one seems to be getting into a bit of a rut, but maybe they'll come up with some startling twists soon

Not as foggy out as last night, but a bit hazy

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Made 23 pots of orange & whiskey marmalade, then watched the last episode of hidden assets. Now TFBSZ

Leave a comment:

Working...
X