• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• ladymuck
    replied
    Lunch is a freshly baked small baguette from my part-baked stash in the freezer, (over) filled with bacon that needed using up.

To upset everyone on the red vs brown sauce debate, I had sweet chilli sauce.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: corned beef and crisp butties (sesame bloomer), thereby using up the rest of the small tin of corned beef

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Cheese on toast here

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    The Kantar 2022 diary has arrived! They had announced their intention to send them but were having supplier issues which delayed their issue

Anyway it's a completely different style to last years, without a daily fact, so we've not missed out on anything.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I just had some toast, too! Mine was Jason's White Sourdough, Receipe No1 The Great White. One of those loaves where I have to cut the slices in half to fit them in my toaster.
    Toast FTW!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Links are up

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I just had some toast, too! Mine was Jason's White Sourdough, Receipe No1 The Great White. One of those loaves where I have to cut the slices in half to fit them in my toaster.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Bit of wholemeal toast, just to tide me over

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

It's cloudy and dry again. Currently 4 degrees and the high will, once again, be 6. The barometer has dropped a tiny bit to 1033 mBar.

Had a bit of a lie in but I'm not entirely sure I feel better for it. I suspect it'll be an early night tonight. Now to log in and see what outrage we've gotten from the business for pulling their go-live for the second time at the 11th hour. It doesn't exactly breed confidence in the process.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Well we ended up pulling the migration and will have another go next weekend.

Time for bed.

Ouch

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Yet another grey day, not that warm at 3°C with a possible 4° later; barometers about the same at 1026/1034mB

Quite a decent night's sleep was had

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

NotSoCold again at 13.4 deg in here.

1031 mBar, 30.44 in Hg, 773.3 Torr, 14.95 psi, 61% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine gleaming, not improved much by several power cuts last night.

Dreams including an odd one about the General Automation GA16-220, specifically the cartridge hard disk drives. Very strange. I wonder whence that came. Specifically, in General, about the Dynex drive rather than the Wang.

A bit like this one:
    https://www.zdnet.com/a/img/resize/0...ebp&width=1092

Can't use the [ img ] thing coz it stops me editing.

Stone me, you could get a kit to fit one (or two or three or four) to your Altair 8800 computer.

http://www.virtualaltair.com/virtual...ac_88-HDSK.asp

That must have cost a bob or two.

A whole 80Mb, just imagine what you could have done with that.

I think the GA had 20Mb IIRC.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom.

Shopping trip to Morrisons & Wilko done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised & put away.

Wilko didn't have another of those greenhouse thermometer things which was irritating, but they did have Persil non bio which Morrisons didn't.

Bunch of jeans in the WM (including the pair with the gaping hole in the seat).

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast (the remaining slightly blue round from last week), bramble jelly sandwich on fresh, non blue round, a red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Jeans out of the WM and into the TD wherein they'll remain for a good 2 hours at a guess.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 14:11.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Morning all

8am KT session cancelled at 3am. Too late, I'm up and ready for it.
    The joys of multiple time zones.

Used to happen to me when someone cancelled a 9am meeting in Finland / Greece, think of the person in the UK who is getting up for 7am to attend this meeting (and is usually all prepped for it unlike the local attenders).

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all

8am KT session cancelled at 3am. Too late, I'm up and ready for it.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Well we ended up pulling the migration and will have another go next weekend.

Time for bed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X