• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Thanks folks, but I found him this one in the end: https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07VLHZGCL/ - like any boy of his age, he has a great fondness for the Spitfire, which is why one had a starring role in his novel Early Warning

Speaking of aeroplanes, further viewing after the evisceration on Surgeons was concluded was a couple more episodes of Air Crash Investigation. Who'd have thunk that a fly nesting in a pitot tube could lead to a 757 plummeting into the ocean?

I've also been watching that storm creep past the western edge of the range of the rainfall radars. It's starting to hammer the southwest corner of Ireland properly now, while a swirly bit further down is already halfway across to Cornwall and South Wales

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Robert Duval
    James Earl Jones
    Sam Cooke
    Buster Edwards
    Boris Yeltsin
    Les Dawson
    Fred Trueman
    Rip Torn
    James Dean
    Brian Close
    Peter Allis
    Mikhail Gorbachev
    Tom Wolfe
    Rupert Murdoch
    William Shatner
    Leonard Nimoy
    Norman Tebbit
    David Shepherd
    Trevor Peacock
    Desmond Wilcox
    Michael Lonsdale
    Virginia McKenna
    Olympia Dukakis
    Junior Johnson
    Clive Cussler
    William Goldman
    Bernard Manning
    Don King
    Regis Philbin
    Boxcar Willie
    Cecil Parkinson
    Anne Bancroft
    Larry Hagman
    Fay Weldon
    Basil d’Oliveira
    Terence Conran
    Desmond Tutu
    John le Carre
    Ken Morrison
    Diana Dors
    David Bryant
    Dan Rather
    Ike Turner
    … how’s that for a start?

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Looking on Amazon for a birthday card for my dad's 90th next week. There was one listing various facts about 1931, including people born the same year. One of them was Lionel Blair. I checked: he was born in 1928

The rest of the facts were pretty dull, even if they should turn out to be true, so not bothering with that one
    I haven't checked if the people born are correct:
    https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1033...for-dad-father

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Cane Toad frog fat?

What's not to like?
    That's the stuff! Well, that and a load of other thoroughly repulsive muck

Tea has been Southern not-fried chicken with fries and ketchup

It's M&S SNF chicken, which is much better than the stuff of that ilk that Sainsbury's have taken to selling. I've noticed the last couple of visits that they've moved that to the end of the aisle and I think reduced it a bit, which gives me hope that they've realised their mistake and are just going to get rid of it as quickly as possible and go back to the previous stuff

All accompanied by the latest episode of Surgeons, which does indeed feature some extremely drastic surgery this week

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Can't help but wonder if there's a huge untapped business opportunity in Australia, manufacturing those weird Chinese foodstuffs and medicines for consumption by tourists so they don't have to bring their own
    Cane Toad frog fat?

What's not to like?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    My Dad phoned to tell me I need to decide what I want for Christmas before they go to Tesco on Thursday for their weekly shop. Apparently 'nothing' was not acceptable and I have to have something to open.
    I believe Tesco sell a wide variety of bottles of booze. Bottles can be opened

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    My Dad phoned to tell me I need to decide what I want for Christmas before they go to Tesco on Thursday for their weekly shop. Apparently 'nothing' was not acceptable and I have to have something to open.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Mundane laundry on
    Mundane laundry done and draped - quick wash, obviously

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Mundane laundry on

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Looking on Amazon for a birthday card for my dad's 90th next week. There was one listing various facts about 1931, including people born the same year. One of them was Lionel Blair. I checked: he was born in 1928

The rest of the facts were pretty dull, even if they should turn out to be true, so not bothering with that one

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Just popped downstairs to check the post and out the back to check the cars; it's pretty chilly, but it was dry. Then came back inside, washed my hands - and when I then looked out of the front window, it was absolutely tipping down and the road looks drenched

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Can't help but wonder if there's a huge untapped business opportunity in Australia, manufacturing those weird Chinese foodstuffs and medicines for consumption by tourists so they don't have to bring their own

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    There has been rain. It's currently cold and damp with a lazy breeze. Took a brisk walk around the block to post a letter off for the post survey and decided that was plenty enough for today.

Lunch was a chicken and noodle soup I'd rustled up yesterday with some Itsu broth, garlic, ginger and chilli. It's nice enough but, most importantly, it's warm!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: more Scotch broth with multiseed bread. As expected, the flavours have balanced themselves nicely overnight

The rain seems to have stopped, though it's expected to return shortly

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Phone call from the hospital about this research thingy for which I have an appointment tomorrow. I was hoping they'd say that my cholesterol isn't high enough so they don't want me, but they just wanted to confirm I was coming and take my car registration so I don't get charged for parking. I'm probably going to walk there anyway, but I gave them it just in case the weather's intolerably bad

Leave a comment:

Working...
X