• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• xoggoth
    replied
    Too many things this week. Monday dentist then lunch with sons, Tuesday boring footpath inspector meeting then karaoke in the evening, yesterday group walk followed by "book reading", aka chatting about bollux group, tomorrow creative writing group followed by loony lady 1 walk.

Thank de lawd for a free day today, apart from boring shopping.
    Last edited by xoggoth; Today, 09:17.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    CBS, etc, but hints of ground frost earlier.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Thursday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky with the odd tiny cloud present.

Chilly in here at 12.4 deg, 13 deg in the kitchen, 10 deg in the leanto, 5.4 deg in the saltinghouse.

1021.5 mBar, 30.164 in Hg, 766.188 Torr, 14.815 psi, (up from 1017 last night), 77% RH (GDR hair), 68% RH (Lidl electric).

Shirts & smalls in the WM.

Shirts & smalls out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Cottons in the WM.

Meanwhile on the 19th of September 2019, those halcyon days before the plague, the bus pass site was still down so the library computer room was quiet enough to watch the final ep of "The Mighty Micro" which was made after the sad demise of the original presenter, leading to a number of talking heads, NF found it warmer outside than it had been, whilst SimonMac's client offices were menaced by A Giant Badger, for reasons that remain undisclosed.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Washing line broke: not the line itself, rather the ancient bit of galv wire that's been there for decades.

Ho very hum.

At least the grass was dryish. And it wasn't down for long, about 5 minutes before I noticed.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: Gap Finders about lady tradespersons, Toast about the demise of Mothercare.

Tried to log on to my yahoo mail: eventually gave up after n capchas and other bollox. Not worth the effort any more.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 11:54.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Sunny start out even though the weather app says "cloudy", though perhaps that means it'll get cloudy later. Open skies leading to chilly starts again though, at 2°C albeit with 12° expected by this afternoon. The barometers are bouncing back at 1011/1019mB

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    The only telly tonight was the Brighton police thing

On the other hand, my 3D emoji rings now rotate. Might turn them into a fruit machine

And I finished Part One of Julia in which the plot thickens, as plots do

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea: chicken madras with rice and naan

Nice evening out there now, though we did have enough of a shower for a rainbow to make a brief appearance

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Afternoon all

Sunny with lumps of fluff hanging about, some grey flecked. A light breeze that isn't disturbing anything. Currently 11 degrees with a high of 12 expected. Barometer up a smidge to 1015 mBar.

Uneventful morning, then had a meeting, then had some soup for lunch, now contemplating what to do this afternoon. I have a dashboard to work on which will keep me occupied; although I might do that tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: pâté on toast

Been quite sunny, but it's clouding over now

Just spotted a couple of magpies going into the foliage of one of the dark green fir trees, next to the light green one that a pair nested in last year. Might be the same pair. I'd assumed they were nesting elsewhere this year, but maybe they've just been very circumspect so I hadn't spotted them before

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Afternoon.

Wednesday.

Dry but picking with rain.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Not sunny.

Overcast.

Chilly in here at 13.7 deg, 12.5 deg in the kitchen, 14 deg in the leanto, 11 deg in the saltinghouse.

1015 and a tad mBar, 29.9788388 in Hg, 761.46 Torr, 14.724 psi, (unchanged), 77% RH (GDR hair), 69% RH (Lidl electric).

Trip to Swansea to pay the CC by cheque at the counter which is what I do for the foreseeable future since they pissed me off.

X7 bus down, X5 bus back.

Shopping trip to Morrisons.

Lunch: what I normally have for breakfast since I don't have breakfast before the trips to Swansea.

Meanwhile on the 19th of September 2019 there was much discussion of seeded breads, including Morrisons "The Best" thick cut sunflower & pumpkin seeded variety, while LM was in that Glasgow busily drinking the remains of the bottle of Bailey's that had sat in the fridge since (presumably) the previous Xmas.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the cold wind & increasingly black clouds. It didn't rain on me but by 'eck it was cold out there: scarf & gloves employed today.

Entertainment: Veronica Mars S1 E12 "Clash of the Tritons". The secret society one wherein our heroine is falsely accused of forging driving licenses and ID cards.

Tea: chicken breast, some random sausages, and some bacon etc. Nice enough.

Turned out the bag of flour (BBE Jan 23) had started growing maggots so it's just met the compost heap. Memo to self: buy the small bag next time, it's no saving if it starts living.

What with the toaster and the cat munchies, and the fatballs I found this morning, there's a lot of life around here.

Entertainment: The Mentalist S2 E15 "Red Herring". The poisoned chef one with Calamity Jane out of "Deadwood".

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Yesterday, 18:34.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Cold but pleasant walk earlier, same distance as yesterday, but 11s per km faster

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Bright sunny start with a clear blue sky, except for some tiny wisps low on the southwestern horizon. The open sky overnight has let temperatures drop rather, though: only 4°C right now, though creeping up to 10° later, assisted by expected cloud from late morning - though that'll be accompanied by something of a breeze, so the "feels like" score might end up much of a muchness. The barometers are up a bit at 1004/1012mB

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Now got it working with a random arrangement of different emojis

No further telly because clearly rings of emojis are a more important way of wasting time. But I did read a few more pages of Julia

Early night now, as I'll probably be woken early by that there sunlight again

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

We had unscheduled rain but nothing more dramatic than that.

Now it's sunny with patches of blue sky visible.
    Our storm was a bit odd, as it thundered and lightened on its approach but once it arrived, it stopped all that and just got into the heavy rain. This has continued off and on, more on than off and with plenty to go around, until not long ago. Oh well, it's good for the trees

Tea has been lamb steaks with chips, peas and gravy

And that was accompanied by an old Police Interceptors for want of me being bothered to find anything else to watch

Furthermore, some bits of mucking around diligent experimentation with SceneKit have been accomplished, leading to this veritable masterpiece
    Several rings of translucent tiles bearing smiling emojis floating against a deep blue sky.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Thunder and lightning!
    We had unscheduled rain but nothing more dramatic than that.

Now it's sunny with patches of blue sky visible.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Thunder and lightning!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X