• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

  • You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

  • WTFH
    replied
    TFBSZ.

    Leave a comment:


  • WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    ...

    Oh and sort out an umbrella firm....
    Have a

    Then speak to Lucy and tell her I sent you.

    Leave a comment:


  • ladymuck
    replied
    Ents has been the latest episode of The Repair Shop. No fluffy toys. A beautiful table though and I do like the book binding chap.

    Leave a comment:


  • NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been one of those thick-cut ribeye steaks with the usual chips, fried onions and beans

    Accompanied by a recent episode of Trucking Hell

    The car earlier was a Chevrolet LUV pickup truck, which it turns out is a rebadged Isuzu. USA show of course, so no details of its fate.

    And today's selection of opal hunters seemed to be doing OK for the most part.

    Leave a comment:


  • ladymuck
    replied
    I can't submit any meter readings as British Gas are blocking my move to Shell Energy who I had at my previous flat. Instead of sending my intended supplier a corrected gas meter reading, after I spent a month trying to get them to see that there was no way I used a year's worth of gas during the hottest month for a decade, they decided trigger the 'Erroneous Transfer' process and stop the move.

    At the moment I am stuck between two suppliers and cannot submit a meter reading to either of them.

    Leave a comment:


  • xoggoth
    replied
    Power cut - stuck in dark for 5 minutes. Now have to go round resetting all the clocks again. Bah!

    Leave a comment:


  • NickFitz
    replied
    Washed some jumpers, some of which will be going to the Oxfam recycling, some of which will be keeping me warm

    And I also remembered to submit the meter readings ahead of tomorrow's price rise

    I'm looking forward to getting in the new flat and having central heating. I'm not sure the venerable gas fire in here will be economically viable for the coming winter

    Leave a comment:


  • NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Well it appears that approximately 7 days after deciding I probably should get a contract (for the first time in 3 years) I have a contract..

    Just got to deal with the joys of AMS and a banks onboarding pain...

    Oh and sort out an umbrella firm....
    Boomed!

    Leave a comment:


  • eek
    replied
    Well it appears that approximately 7 days after deciding I probably should get a contract (for the first time in 3 years) I have a contract..

    Just got to deal with the joys of AMS and a banks onboarding pain...

    Oh and sort out an umbrella firm....

    Leave a comment:


  • ladymuck
    replied
    The rain has commenced here too, quite enthusiastically too.

    I think I will pass on the opportunity to walk up to the Amazon locker at Morrisons.

    Leave a comment:


  • NickFitz
    replied
    Observation of the chestnut tree leads me to believe that it's very windy here too

    The dentist texted to cancel my forthcoming appointment two weeks from now. I phoned them up to find out what they were playing at this time, and they explained that one of the dentists had left so they no longer see patients on a Friday. They then asked if I could go any other day of the week, as if it was a reasonable question. Do we live in a world where people insist that their teeth can only be examined on a particular day of the week? I've never heard of that being a thing

    Anyway, I'm now going a week on Monday, though as she appeared to be addressing the phone through a megaphone from outside a closed window (and on such a windy afternoon too) I'm not sure what time. They'll probably send a text nearer the day, otherwise I'll have to phone them again and check

    Leave a comment:


  • NickFitz
    replied
    It's raining here now, and is likely to continue along those lines into the evening

    The survey on the new flat just came through. As expected, nothing of note is said because there's nothing wrong with the place. The valuation is exactly the same as what I'm paying, with a list of similar (but IMO lesser) properties in the vicinity going or recently gone for the same

    Leave a comment:


  • ladymuck
    replied
    It's really rather windy out.

    Just noticed the forecast is now claiming >95% chance of rain from now to the end of the day. A quick look out the window reveals the precipitation rate is in that <5% zone at present.

    Leave a comment:


  • WTFH
    replied
    Lunch was leftover pasta from yesterday.

    Now thinking about lighting the fire

    Leave a comment:


  • NickFitz
    replied
    More confusion over dates at the consultancy on the fortnightly Teams call

    AFAIK, and also AFA the agency knows and have therefore put in my contract, I finish on the 13th. That's also what the department thinks. But the consultancy have it down as the 14th

    However, the person initially responsible is now on maternity leave, and the person who took over from them is on annual leave, so I was dealing with someone who knew nothing about any of it until now.

    I said that I'd commented that saying "ten more days" rather than specifying a date left room for ambiguity, similar to the confusion that had arisen previously where I was initially told my last day would be today, but it then turned out that it would have been yesterday and all the contracts had to be rewritten… whereupon she got even more confused, as the paperwork she had still showed today as my last day

    So that's given her something to try to sort out before the weekend. Her final comment was that she was beginning to regret agreeing to provide cover

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X