• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Damp.

Raining.

Sunny.

Blue sky in parts.

Chilly in here at 13.5 deg, 12.5 deg in the kitchen, 13 deg in the leanto.

1013 mBar, 29.913 in Hg, 759.8 Torr, 14.692 psi, (up from 1010 last night), 77% RH (GDR hair), 69% RH (Lidl electric).

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Pleasant walk earlier, 9.18km with the sun rising and no breeze.
    Oil has been delivered, I left the tank unlocked and came back to find the ticket in the letterbox. The Wife slept through it.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

We're back then?

Looks like I'll be devoting some of my time off next week to investigating forum-related stuff, though frankly I think this version of the forum software is beyond salvaging. I mean, the underlying architecture was created something like fifteen years ago and despite massive increases in computational power over that time, it actually performs worse without any fundamental changes having happened. It's simply incapable of scaling; it just gets more bogged down as the number of posts in the database increases

Anyway: it was a fairly sunny start this morning after a rainy, blustery night - but that was about thirty minutes ago, during which time it's turned cloudy again. Still a bit on the breezy side too, though not as much as it was. Currently 7° and maybe getting to 11°, so Fool's Spring appears to be over; the barometers are back up a bit at 999/1007mB

For completeness: last night's tea was bol with twirly pasta rather than spag, for a change. Turns out a given weight of dry pasta feels more filling than the same weight of dry spag once cooked and eaten, so I'll have to remember not to make quite as much next time

That was accompanied by an old episode of Police Interceptors, after which I read some more of Julia in which she's finally started her relationship with Winston

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Is this thread borked again? Have to look under Latest Activity as Posts shows nothing and no pagination options

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    It came over a bit dark and threatening looking so I brought in the bed linen quick, finishing just as an unscheduled flurry of hail stones came down.

It's now gone back to being sunny but I'm not putting things back out again, they're mostly dry anyway and just need the chill taken out before I put them away.

I didn't get the towels out on the line but that was always a stretch target.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    The rain did indeed stop and the sun came out. Earlier than forecast too.

As that coincided with the bed linen wash finishing, I have put it all out on the line for a darn good blow about.

I may get the towels done too.

EDIT: the fitted sheet had such a good blow about that it detached itself from the washing line. Fortunately landed somewhere that didn't render it dirty and has now been (hopefully) more securely reattached.
    Last edited by ladymuck; Yesterday, 12:53.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: leftover Indian bits from Saturday

It's been very variable this morning, going from sunny to downpour and back again several times. Not looking too bad at the moment, though it's pretty breezy

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Links are up

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Got caught in a shower on our walk, but were back home before the heavy rain started, now blowing a bit of a hooley out there, although the sky is blue

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    I came to the conclusion the only bits I enjoyed was the parcel inspection & the dogs, so I've stopped watching the programmes.

Morning.

Damp. Following on from the rain, hail, & murrain of beasts earlier.

Blue sky in parts.

Sunny.

Chilly in here at 14 deg, 12.5 deg in the kitchen & leanto.

1005 mBar, 29.6776 in Hg, 753.81199 Torr, 14.576 psi, (down from 1020 last night), 77% RH (GDR hair), 71% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 17th of September 2019 I'd rescued & refurbished the toasting fork from next door which had been consigned to a bin bag down in the carport. It took a lot of rust killer to remove the rust. Dunno why I bothered since there's nowhere to toast anything on an open fire in here. Might come in handy for a bonfire, I suppose. . Whereas NF was reading "Rats" by James Herbert, being grateful he hadn't done so during the earlier mouse infestation, while some bot feed had fed something about a game he'd worked on back in ye mysts of tyme of 1989. I don't think anything I worked on "professionally" in those days still exists. Nothing of mine to see there bar the empty sands reaching to infinity.

Managed to remove the A700 from its position on a shelf without a) dropping it (it's fecking heavy) or b) doing my back in.

Shelf now repurposed as a bookshelf.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked: returned just as the deluge of rain hail & murrain of beasts returned.

Sun's out now.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about something. TWATO waffling on about Israel/Iran <click>.

Veronica Mars S1 E10 "An Echolls Family Xmas": the Xmas ep with the stolen poker winnings.

Tea: home made lentil soup found deep in the freezer. It was ok. Dunno how long it's been in there though.

The Mentalist S2 E13 "Redline": the car dealership one.

NCIS S20 E12 "Big Rig".

Gosh. So I can edit it this way? Who'd have thunk?
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Yesterday, 20:42.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Windy, Wet. Raining. Currently 11 degrees and that's the high for the day. Apparently, the rain will stop by 12 and the sun will come out after lunchtime. Barometer down to 1005 mBar.

Didn't go into the office. Much disturbed sleep on account of the lingering illness and I generally couldn't be bothered. Only two weeks, two days left and I'm down to a max 3 day week (if another gig doesn't present itself sharpish).

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    ^^^^ Well if the septic plod can expend 90 odd bullets on some poor sod DWB for not wearing a seatbelt, the border control lot are almost polite in contrast.
    True. Rather scary to think these are the ones who presumably see themselves as a "people person"

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

I have arisen to face the Apocalypse, it seems: thunder and lightning, heavy rain at a 45° angle, and pink blossom petals swirling around in the strong breeze like confetti

Not very warm though at 7°C, and not getting past 10° later. The barometers are very much down at 991/999mB

Off to have a look at the lightning map…

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    ^^^ LM Zen Chury Om.

^^^^ Well if the septic plod can expend 90 odd bullets on some poor sod DWB for not wearing a seatbelt, the border control lot are almost polite in contrast.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    The US border people were on this afternoon. Have they ever considered that it might be possible to perform their duties without being thoroughly obnoxious to everybody they come in contact with? Apparently not

And the NZ police were, as usual, much more polite and even friendly, even to those who didn't deserve it

Later: new Surgeons and a couple of old 24 Hours in A&E as there isn't a new one of that. And then I read another couple of chapters of Julia

Monday again tomorrow. Oh well, get this week done and dusted and I have a whole week off

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

Working...
X