• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: ham toasties

These were made using almost the last of the white bloomer I got from Chatsworth. It's exceptionally light and airy compared to the stuff from the Sainsbury's in-store bakery

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Thursday.

Wanly sunny.

Dry.

Blue sky in parts, otherwise high overcast.

Cool in here at 18.9 deg, 19.5 deg in the kitchen, 19 deg in the leanto.

1016 and a tad mBar, 30.00 in Hg, 762.2 Torr, 14.7387 psi, (down from 1017 last night), 79% RH (GDR hair), 68% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 11th of October 2019 there was a mother's meeting type gathering of the s in Witherspoons in Swansea during a deluge of biblical proportions, the other incumbents being happily retired unlike me, I didn't watch the tv version of "Name of the Rose" that appeared on the Beeb that evening, preferring the joys of the end of Jeremiah S2, whereas LM was watch Arena about some $50M art swindle and NF was enjoying a pork chop from the market.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

No Mow May is now history with all the results in the compost heap: no bees had visited for days. Knackered now. :.

Lunch: cheesy beans on toast etc.

Entertainment: Sliced bread on spiky things to lie on.

TWATO. Discussing the Supreme Court waffling on about emissions of CO2: odd that we worry so much when the Chinese emit more in a decade than the UK has since 1750. But never mind, I'm sure it makes the tossers feel ever so much better.

Downstairs roughly vacced for something to do. Even moved stuff.

Entertainment: Veronica Mars S3 E13 "Mars, Bars". The one where Veronica is in gaol.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 15:20.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Happy Summer Solstice! (It's at 21:50 tonight.)

Quite a sunny start out today, and going to be a little warmer than it has been at 21°C from a 13° start. The barometers are unchanged at 1010/1018mB

I discovered this morning that I'd forgotten to close the bedroom window last night, which presumably resulted in fresh air circulating in there during the night. I don't think I slept any better as a result - in fact, I half-woke enough to remember it a number of times. But I don't suppose it'll do any long-term harm

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Sunny, with high level wispy fluff. Currently 14 degrees with a high of 23 expected. Barometer up to 1023 mBar.

Moving day today. Woke at 4.50am, got up at 6.45am. Just having my first coffee after bed stripping and putting away final bits of laundry

As expected, someone is parked in the space I paid to have blocked out. I can phone the enforcement people at 8.30am to give them a ticket if it's not moved by then. Which doesn't get the car moved but does get the council paid twice for the same space. The removal chaps are set to arrive by 8am.

Yesterday was my last day in ClientCos office. Final day with ConsultantCo is Tuesday.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tonight's viewing was the remaining two parts of the thing about the parachute lady and her murderous husband. Nasty piece of work, he was

And then some less disaster-related reading: There's Someone in Reception by Alex Morrison. This recently published book originated as a Twitter thread back in 2022 seeking stories from local journalists (present or former) about the people, often very strange people, who show up at local newspaper offices asking, or demanding, that their stories be told. Alex ended up receiving such a huge number of anecdotes that this book is the result, and very amusing it is too. My Dad would have enjoyed it

Goodnight all
    Last edited by NickFitz; Yesterday, 21:48.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea: chicken madras with rice and naan

Nice Simpsonesque evening out there now. Birds of various kinds are down on the big lawn, assessing the trim the groundskeeper or gardener or whatever the chap is gave it this afternoon

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Led the old farts group walk this morning as usual person was at a funeral, then book reading thing. At least I have a couple of free days ahead before the sister invasion.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: Greggs steak bake and a sausage roll

This has been accompanied by the New Zealand border thing. I wonder what the Chinese version of these programmes is like? "An elderly visitor from New Zealand has been found with statins and Gaviscon in his luggage, and the Revolutionary Guard have been called. Possession of Western medicines is taken very seriously. The man was taken to a re-education camp and, after completing several hours of self-criticism before the cadre, put on a flight home."

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    ^^^ Mod getting NonMod ZenChury: Om.

Morning.

Wednesday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Chilly in here at 17.9 deg, 18.5 deg in the kitchen, 17 deg in the leanto.

1016 mBar, 30.00 in Hg, 762.06 Torr, 14.736 psi, (up from 1014 last night), 79% RH (GDR hair), 71% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 11th of October 2019 WTFH was thinking of taking the dog for a walk in the rain, NF went shopping early & missed the rain so posted photos of the moon in a cathedral, whereas xogg was having banking problems that turned out to be due to the bank rather than scamming bastards (though the difference is sometimes difficult to discern, it must be said), and LM was in danger of delivering something so was frenetically cleaning stuff instead.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine.

In a fit of unusual enthusiasm the heights of the front garden and back garden privet hedges have been reduced. Broke a Lidl(tm) garden shears so had to dig some ancient (60 years+) shears out of next door's shed & used those instead. Bit of oil on the joint & they're as good as new, whereas the both pairs of Lidl(tm) shears will require the attention of the buzz box welder to fix the blades to the handles.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: TWATO which went <click> a lot. The tosh at 13:45 about UK elections.

Veronica Mars S3 E13 "Postgame Mortem". The one where the basketball coach gets offed.

The hedge clippings are now in a big feckoff pile down by the compost heap.

Tea: soup (lentil) etc.

Entertainment: PM.

The last 5 minutes of "Young Winston (1970)", yet again the version without the ghost of his father.

The Human Jungle. The sgt major one.

What on earth? more bollox from Blaze: Romanian village flooded by tailings from a copper mine. Zorastrian sky burial sites in Iranian desert. Odd glacial tongue on Antarctica. Weird spherical objects on NZ beaches: not WWII mines but concretions.

Mysteries from Above: Irish drone henge: discovered by drones rather than built by them. . Chinese desert oasis. Buried treasure uk. Some ancient predator, presumably not the one that Arnie fought.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Yesterday, 21:12.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Grey sort of start out there, and apparently likely to continue so. Mild again at 11°C heading to 19°, and the barometers are up a bit more at 1010/1018mB

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all from a hot and sunny Milan.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Teatime viewing was the C5 motorway cops thing, which has moved from Cheshire (lots of motorways) to Northumbria (a couple of A roads that have an (M) after their names) and is therefore on motorways even less than before

And then some non-nuclear accidents as I resumed reading Black Box, an interesting chapter all about the Comet

Early night now, as I still haven't fully recovered from the sleepless Sunday night

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea: homemade adana kebabs in a pitta with sweet chilli sauce, and chips

Makes it a bit of a kebaby start to the week after the donner on Sunday, but the minced lamb Needed To Be Eaten™

It got sunny earlier, making for a nice sunset, but then it hastily clouded over again and is now raining

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by covbob View Post
    I'm now on leave for the next seven weeks as CivilServiceDept don't need me to do anything else. Benefits of being a permie I guess Now the job hunt starts in earnest!
    Paid, I hope!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X