• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    He's German, so he doesn't have the excuse of being American and not knowing where anything is
    Push comes to shove he could have asked his dad. .

Morning.

Grey.

Sunless.

Dry.

Cool in here at 18.4 deg, 18.5 in the kitchen, 17.5 in the leanto, 14.5 in the salting house.

1010 mBar, 29.82528 in Hg, 757.56 Torr, 14.6488 psi, (assuming I tapped it last night: up from 1005), 78% RH (GDR hair), 71% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 1st of October 2019 NF had chicken bits in breadcrumbs for lunch, I though all the freeview sets & set top boxes were fecked until the :lightbulb: moment when I retuned them all to find that fixed 'em, returning the 144 channels of tulip to choose from, whereas WTFH was awaiting some surgery, and there was some discussion of why certain places have "Brook" in their placenames & the dire consequences thereof.

I related the story of The Flooded Gardens of 1991, and I realised a couple of days ago that the water concerned was contaminated with sewage since at that time the sewer fed raw & untreated into the Llantwit Brook before passing under the canal into the river.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 07:51.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Cloudy start but sans the rain that was such a feature of yesterday, though at least that gave us one of the defining images of a spectacularly dismal political career shambling to its end

Currently 11°C and only climbing to a mere 15°; the barometers are up again at 998/1006mB

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Watched an old Police Interceptors earlier

And then read some more of Blitzed, in which the Wehrmacht has barrelled through the Ardennes and all the way to the Channel coast by dint of taking large quantities of crystal meth and not sleeping for several days

Mildly annoying that the author keeps referring to them aiming for "the Atlantic coast" though. I think he's referring to the larger goal of conquering France, but it would have made sense to use "the Channel coast" or "the North Sea coast" in the context of this particular offensive. He's German, so he doesn't have the excuse of being American and not knowing where anything is

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Giving a new medical documentary a try. Trauma Room One on Channel 5.

So far (10 mins in) it's less focussed on patient stories and more on the medical procedures, which I quite like. Will see if they do the human interest malarkey towards the end of the episode.

It did remind me that some consultants are not called "Dr". Is there something they don't do after getting their medical degree which means they don't get that?
    Surgeons? Traditionally, surgeons are called "Mr" rather than "Dr"; something to do with the profession deriving from barbers rather than medics

That's when all of them were men, of course

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Giving a new medical documentary a try. Trauma Room One on Channel 5.

So far (10 mins in) it's less focussed on patient stories and more on the medical procedures, which I quite like. Will see if they do the human interest malarkey towards the end of the episode.

It did remind me that some consultants are not called "Dr". Is there something they don't do after getting their medical degree which means they don't get that?

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Told ClientGov I won't be in on Friday 5th July
    Om

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    I thought there was some bol left in the freezer, but it seems not. Instead, tea has been chicken madras with rice and naan

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Told ClientGov I won't be in on Friday 5th July

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Here's a thing I learned today. The first three numbers on a diplomatic license plate means something:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...tration_plates

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by wattaj View Post
    'Afternoon all.

Poppin' in to doff my cap and scrounge some gen from the assembled masses.

Been a while. Hope all well. Will pop back soonish... I know; you can't wait.

Laters...

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: pork cutlet in a wholemeal bap with apple sauce, and a bag of plain crisps

When I cooked these cutlets the other night, I sprinkled some harissa spice on them, mainly because I was wondering if that would go well with pork, which it did. I'd forgotten about this, and the added flavour was a very nice surprise when I took my first mouthful

Leave a comment:

• wattaj
    replied
    'Afternoon all.

Poppin' in to doff my cap and scrounge some gen from the assembled masses.

Been a while. Hope all well. Will pop back soonish... I know; you can't wait.

Laters...

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Raining off and on and in varying levels of wetness. At the moment it's that fine 'mizzle' type that looks like nothing but gets you very soggy, very quickly. Currently 14 degrees with a high of 16 expected. Barometer down to 1006 mBar.

Most effort this morning has been spent on job hunting and flat hunting. The former has been fruitless and the latter has been mostly about what I can compromise on. I have a load of viewings booked in for tomorrow and there's one this lunchtime too.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Wednesday.

Damp.

Grey.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Cool in here at 19.4 deg, 20 deg in the kitchen, 19 deg in the leanto.

1004 and a tad mBar, 29.656 in Hg, 753.28 Torr, 14.566 psi, (down from 1005 last night), 78% RH (GDR hair), 73% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 1st of October 2019, there were blue skies for LM, whereas WTFH was waiting for the deluge to abate before going for a walk, it was grey for NF, and I managed to walk down to town & back without opening the brolly, while WTFH was caught in a downpour & got his dressings wet.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Lunch: Scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y <click>.

TWATO. <click> The thing about China at 13:45.

Veronica Mars S2 E15 "The quick & the wed". The missing bride to be one. And the C4 in the locker.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: PM <click>
    Originally posted by Brenda from Bristol
    Not another one
    Some bollox on Blaze with Mr Elizondo.

Freecell score: 69%, running average: 86%

The Human Jungle E2 "The Flipside man". Some unfortunate singer in a beat combo who thinks he has a doppelganger. Ought to count his blessings he's not in BTVS "Doppelgangland"

Bits of "Keeping up with the Joneses (2016)".

The nuke thing on BBC2 at 21:00.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Yesterday, 19:20.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Grey and rainy day out, and expected to remain so. Currently 12°C but not getting any higher than 15°, while the barometers are down to 994/1002mB

Leave a comment:

Working...
X