• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all

A rather wet dog walk earlier meant we didn't even manage 9km.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

A sunny start again, with just a few wisps of white for scenic effect. It's expected to turn windy before too long though, and a bit cloudier too, which is roughly what happened yesterday as well. It's going to be a relatively warm one though, being up to 10°C already and expected to reach 18° later; the barometers are down a tiny bit though at 999/1007mB

I poked my head out of the bedroom window to get a few lungfuls of fresh air and admire the scenery, and hark! what was that distant rumbling? Not thunder over the Ganges, but bins! For it is bin day, though of course I don't have to trundle these days, as the management company people take care of all that

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tonight's telly was S1E3 of Murder Case: The Digital Detectives, in which we learn that there's not much point deleting your messaging app if the person you were messaging doesn't, thus giving the police a pristine copy of the chat in which you confessed to stabbing somebody

And then I started reading Robert Hutton's new book The Illusionist, about Colonel Dudley Clarke who was largely responsible for some of the most successful deception operations of WWII. A great read so far, and he's hardly got started yet

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Just heard a snippet of a song on a TV show, brought back memories from 20+ years ago.

Anyway, TFBSZ.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    And tea has been spag bol

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch, by the way, was Heinz tomato soup with white bloomer toast

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    One way of doing it!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Links are, finally, up

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Can't even see MLFTB
    You're a liar. It's here:

https://forums.contractoruk.com/ligh...dccxlviii.html

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    This forum is not working very well at the moment
    Can't even see MLFTB

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    This forum is not working very well at the moment

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Grey.

Drily damp.

Sunless.

Cold in here at 13.8 deg, 13 deg in the kitchen & leanto, cold out too.

1007 mBar, 29.7366 in Hg, 755.3 Torr, 14.6 psi, (unchanged), 77% RH (GDR hair), 63% RH (Lidl electric but the dehumidifier is on).

Appointment made for replacement of missing filling.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Lunch: breakfast postponed from breakfast time.

Meanwhile on the 22nd of September 2019 NF had sausage beans & chips for tea, whilst I watched Ms Goldbert in "Jumping Jack Flash".

Freecell score: 95%, running average: 86%.

Freecell score: 88%, running average: 86%.

Veronica Mars S1 E20 "M.A.D.": the unpleasant scumbag boyfriend ruffie lollypop one.

Tea: Mr Brains faggots etc.

Entertainment: The Mentalist S2 E23 "Red Sky in the Morning": the Red John copycat one. Not a good thing to be.

NCIS S20 E14 "Old Wounds". Amusing enough.

Tony Robinson waffling on about the Lakota Sioux, and Old Yellow Hair. Wounded Knee featured. Obviously getting their hands in for My Lai. Twas ever thus. Nice quote from the chap who wrote the Wizard of Oz: "kill 'em all".

Gunfighters: Jesse James. More heroic murderers. Not really "watching" this it being overly septic & southern trash.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Yesterday, 22:22.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Light drizzle earlier at the start of our foreshortened walk.
    Not as long as usual because both MMtSH and I slept in. Probably due to a big walk (13km) yesterday morning, a small walk in the evening (3km) and in between 8km of walking in the garden (mostly digging and moving compost).
    Glad to be sitting down at a desk this morning.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Mostly clear sky with wispy fluff. Currently 9 degrees with a high of 15 expected. No rain forecast. Barometer up to 1015 mBar.

Off to the office. The director of the consultancy doesn't agree with the balancing figure for the contract I'm just about to complete (before we move to the reduced hours I'll be on from Weds). I have double checked my calculations and am ready for a fight if his sums are not in my favour.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Bright sunny day out! Not too chilly at 7°C and expected to soar to 14° later. The barometers are bouncing back at 1000/1008mB

Back to work today

Leave a comment:

Working...
X