• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• WTFH
    replied
    And so, as the last of today’s drugs are taken, it’s TFBSZ.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Gloucestershire plod on the box earlier

No other telly bothered with; I've just been reading crap on the Internet

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    All finished work wise. I'm now a benefits scrounger as my late Dad would have said despite not claiming any such benefits.

Dinner was had in Heathrow Terminal 5's Concord Room and very nice it was too. My flight is delayed so I had time for three courses. With accompanying beverages.

Now waiting for when the plane up to Glasgow actually turns up.
    That's the way to do it!

I could really do with a break; I'm fed up to the back teeth with this project. I'm thinking of taking a week off soon, but I'll also be taking a week off for my niece's wedding in September so I'll probably just end up sticking it out until then

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea: steak & caramelised onion burger (plus sesame bun etc.) and chips

Still very warm here, and the decorative clouds have cleared off. There's a slight breeze though, which is keeping a bit of air circulation going through the flat

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    All finished work wise. I'm now a benefits scrounger as my late Dad would have said despite not claiming any such benefits.

Dinner was had in Heathrow Terminal 5's Concord Room and very nice it was too. My flight is delayed so I had time for three courses. With accompanying beverages.

Now waiting for when the plane up to Glasgow actually turns up.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: Greggs sausage rolls

Still warm and sunny, with some big cumuli hither and yon as decoration

I must have slept at the wrong angle last night as I've got a terrible crick in my neck today

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Sunny, no cloud from my vantage point. Currently 25 degrees with a high of 29 expected . Forgot to look at the barometer before I left the house this morning so my weather app says it's down to 1017 mBar.

Busy morning. Met with a potential new client on a little project. Handover meetings. Spreadsheet wrangling.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Tuesday.

Dry.

Coolish side of warmish at 20.7 deg in here, 21.5 in the kitchen, 20 in the leanto.

1012 mBar, 29.884343 in Hg, 759.06 Torr, 14.6778 psi, (unchanged), 78% RH (GDR hair), 71% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 13th of October 2019 there was a new series of HIGNIFY, NF dried his washing on the clothes horse and had a nice fry up for tea with Coop sausages which met with his approval but was thinking of investigating sausage made by local artisans, whereas I was upset by the death of Stephen Moore, of Marvin the Paranoid Android fame, having refused to listen to the latest H2G2 due to him not being in it any more.

This morning's dream before waking involved some sort of IC tester that needed work doing on it. I was glad to wake up.

Shopping trips to Aldi, Tesco, and Morrisons done dusted, washed, dried, sanitised & put away. I wonder what that Aldi Islay single malt is like.

Lunch: beans on toast etc.

Entertainment: TWATO.

"Buried: the last witness" on R4: all the PCBs and other toxic indestructible crap that's been buried in assorted Welsh landfills.

Presumably referring to this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brofiscin_Quarry

And many others.

Veronica Mars S3 E17 "Debasement Tapes". Downhill all the way to the EOS3.

A cold war of spies E2 on PBS.

Tea: some very old Morrisons faggots and peas. Nice enough.

Dear old Edgar Lustgarten in Scotland Yard "The Tyburn Case (1957)".

Capone Investment "The grass is greener (1974)". John Thaw without Carter or Lewis. Wallace without Grommit.

Veronica Mars S1 E15, E16, this last with the first appearance of Willow.

Maigret and the Etoile du Norde: the final appearance for Bruno Cremer's Maigret: he was dying of cancer of the throat & his voice is dubbed. . Sad. He looked unwell but lasted another 6 years after making that.

The Oak Island Nutjobbery: "Deeper Digs, Bigger Stakes": more fecking wood.

The Aldi single malt was nice enough but I prefer Laphoaig.

I wonder what the Lidl(tm) Islay malt is like. .
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 22:09.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    CBS, etc and warm out. Not as humid as yesterday.
    Antibiotics seem to be kicking in, which is good.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

A warm and sunny start again, being already up to 19°C and aiming for 27° by mid-afternoon. The barometers are down though, at 1008/1013mB

Last night's switch to the one-third duvet proved to be a smart move, as although it was still a bit too warm to start with, it seemed to be about right when the daylight coming in woke me up at a quarter to five. I pulled the blind back down, and it didn't feel too hot for the next couple of hours

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tonight's viewing was an old Police Interceptors, just for a change

It's too warm but with nightfall, the perfume of the neighbourhood flowers has started drifting through the bedroom window

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    I've performed an emergency transition to the lightweight duvet. Probably still too warm, but I vaguely hope for it to cool down a bit in here overnight

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea: oniony chicken casserole, being a fresh batch. Very nice

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Oh and the workmen on the pavement this morning were fixing the connection twixt house and whatever is under the man hole cover. It looks like a bit of glorified tube has been laid along the wall but if that's all that I need then it's fine by me.

Now I need to get the installation technician back as soon as possible after I get home from holiday.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    The landlady said nothing about the floor but then she seemed to think that the check out report was intended to give her a maintenance to do list, not validation that I'd looked after the place. I suspect I'll hear in due course what she wants to do about it.

While I was there she had a new range oven fitted and had gardeners digging out the bamboo. All things she'd ignored while I was there but which were suddenly worth doing for people willing to pay £300 a month more. The oven cost her £2200 so she'll break even on that in about 7 months' time.

Then I went to the cafe wot does hotdesking, had a nice lunch and got quite a bit of work done. A tad noisy but no-one on the team weekly call said they had trouble hearing me or that the muzak was too much.

The walk home at 5pm was considerably warm, at 28 degrees.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X