• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• ladymuck
    replied
    Measuring up has been done. Glad we went for a revisit as I noticed that there is absolutely nothing in the flat that would facilitate broadband. Luckily the fibre product I've ordered wouldn't use it but it's annoying to now have to request permission to install fibre whereas I could have simply used an existing point of entry to get the cable inside.

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied
    oh, and lunch was local butcher's pork pie with pickled onions and English Mustard.
    delicious and nutricious

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    The surgery has been visited, and some of my blood extracted. On the way back, I made a minor detour to the chemist's to pick up the usual monthly selection, and then home.

And with that: green ring closed!

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied
    g'day all
    (thought i'd try a bit of strine)
    well, retirement hasn't gone away. I think the end client is WTFH's, since the PM's don't seem to be able to decide whether to have a haircut or a sh1t.
    But when have PM's ever been any fecking use?
    Small consultancy is attempting to swap me onto another project (same client), i told them only if they come up with a definite offer/start date, and any more p1ssing around and they can stuff it at any price.
    ho hum.
    wouldn't have minded a bit of engineering to play with, getting a bit bored.
    maybe i'll go and annoy the racist twats in general some more (and get banned by the holy killjoys)
    have a nice weekend peeps
    Last edited by sadkingbilly; Today, 13:51.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch has been a bit of leftover shepherd's pie out of the freezer

Off to the doc's in a bit for the followup thyroid blood test

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Earlier this morning there was clear blue sky, now it's clouded over somewhat. Currently 18 degrees with a high of 19 expected. Barometer up to 1020 mBar.

Measuring up key bits of furniture ahead of a visit to the new place this afternoon to try and work out where to put it all. Some will have to go into storage. However, that will all be moot if the landlady doesn't produce a gas safety certificate as I'm refusing to pay anything or sign the tenancy agreement until I've got it.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Pleasant walk of about 8km, chilly to start but CBS.
    Currently booking taxis and hotels.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Friday apparently.

Dry.

Grey.

Gloomy.

Wanly (very wanly) sunny.

Cool in here at 17.3 deg, 18 deg in the kitchen, 16.5 deg in the leanto.

1015 and a tad mBar, 29.9788388 in Hg, 761.4626 Torr, 14.7242 psi, (unchanged bar half a tad from last night), 78% RH (GDR hair), 66% RH (LIdl electric).

Meanwhile on the 7th of October 2019 NF found it to be grey and showery and rather warmer than it is today, whereas it became wetter and more unpleasant as the day wore on.

It got darker & darker, went up to make the bed & couldn't see across the valley. Then it hammered down.

Freecell score in the grey gloom: 79%, running average: 86% (86.11%).

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: some sort of green crap that's even more irritating than The Bottom Line or Y&Y <click>. Followed by TWATO and a thing about making jam when in recovery from cancer.

The continuing spring cleaning of the salting house. Some impressive black tulipe removed today.

Entertainment: Veronica Mars S3 E5 "President Evil": the robbery at the underground gambling den one with added in bone marrow transplantation.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 15:11.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Sunny start again, though the open sky overnight brought the temperature down a bit. It's back up to 10°C and expected to reach 18° by late afternoon, while the barometers are up a little more at 1006/1014mB

But most importantly: Friday!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tonight 's viewing was a new 24 Hours in Police Custody

And later reading was a return to Montaillou, the village in the Pyrenees with more than its fair share of Cathars.

Friday tomorrow!

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Nice tea of rather spicy pork steaks with chips and beans

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Afternoon all

Depending on when I look out of the window, it's either blue sky with occasional fluff or much fluff. Currently 18 degrees and that's the high for the day. Barometer up a bit to 1017 mBar.

Working this afternoon instead of this morning to attend a meeting that's just been cancelled.

This morning I called BT to cancel my business broadband and telephone line as the contract is up next month. Lovely Weegie lady dealt with it all without any fuss.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch, by the way, has been a bacon bap (wholemeal)

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

7:45 to 15:30 at the local comp.

Back in ye mysts of tyme when it was a Grammar it was 09:00 to 16:30 IIRC (which I probably don't, it was possibly 08:45 start, then half an hour spent godbothering for no readily apparent reason).

Is it yet another example of following the septic insanity?

Stone me, according to this some of them are in at 06:30 for breakfast club:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskUK/comme...ly_these_days/
    Now I think back, our assembly start time in the Upper School was 8:50 to 9:10. That would match up with the lesson times, which I have to work back from lunch to remember: 9:15-9:55, 10:00-10:40, 10:45-11:25, break, 11:45-12:25, 12:30-13:10, and so to lunch.

We only had afternoon lessons on Monday and Friday. Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday afternoons were sport, and Wednesday the Cadet Force or, in my case, other approved activities

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I've been across town and back and had a haircut!

It's a bit of a gamble heading over there very early nowadays, as her husband has terminal cancer and she told me when it started, a year or more ago, that she'll be taking a goodly chunk of time off work when the end comes. But he's hanging in there, assisted by some experimental drug apparently, and there weren't any other early customers, so I was sorted out quick sharp

I was surprised by the amount of traffic on the way over, and then there was less on the way back. Given I also saw some school kids in uniform walking, I assume it was school traffic. School started at nine or a little before in my day, so I don't know what kind of eight o'clock nightmare they're inflicting on kids nowadays
    7:45 to 15:30 at the local comp.

Back in ye mysts of tyme when it was a Grammar it was 09:00 to 16:30 IIRC (which I probably don't, it was possibly 08:45 start, then half an hour spent godbothering for no readily apparent reason).

Is it yet another example of following the septic insanity?

Stone me, according to this some of them are in at 06:30 for breakfast club:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskUK/comme...ly_these_days/
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Yesterday, 11:49.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X