• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tonight's Chatsworth bounty has been spare ribs in a smoky bourbon sauce, with chips

Exceptionally meaty ribs, they were. I wouldn't be surprised to learn they'd been cut from the Empress of Blandings, the prizewinning fat pig that appears in a number of P. G. Wodehouse stories

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post
    That's my local station (for another week). The step up from the platform to the train is not insignificant. It's harder stepping out of the train than getting into it. My knees doth complain much.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    The dentistry went well - nothing needed, so I'll just be going back for another checkup in six months

And as I was over that side of town, I popped round to Iceland. So lunch has been a Greggs steak bake and sausage roll, home-baked

The chestnut tree outside the old place is getting going with its annual conker formation

It started raining just before I went out, and has continued doing so off and on ever since

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied
    ladymuck - be careful getting the lizzy line
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cn33v7z3xmyo

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied
    The gas safety certificate came through.

Contract signed, initial payment made.

HWMBO has gone home.

Car is booked in for its MOT
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

multiquote is FUBAR

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Sunny with lumps of fluff interrupting the blue sky. All rather simpsonesque. A light breeze ruffles the trees. Currently 13 degrees with a high of 15 expected. There could be some rain late afternoon. Barometer up to 1018 mBar.

I had reserved a 50 sqft storage unit for the tat I'm not going to take to the new place but I think that'll be too big now so I need to call up to downsize to a 35 sqft unit. This weekend I will finally clear out the unit in Chiswick and move the stuff to the new place in West Ealing.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Tuesday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky in parts.

Cool in here at 17.1 deg (0.2 deg away from Chilly), 18 deg in the kitchen, 16 deg in the leanto.

1016 mBar, 30 in Hg, 762.06 Torr, 14.736 psi, (up from 1014 last night), 78% RH (GDR hair), 67% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 8th of October 2019 there was discussion of obscure error messages, F$M011 being one of mine of yore, whereas NF discerned a "1303", both of which are rather more comforting than a "1202" when you're trying to land on the moon, viewing appeared to consist of Dr Pimple Popper for me, and lots of Breaking Bad for NF.

Blue sky didn't last long: it's like The End of Days out there now, with the Four Horsemen expected soon.

Lunch: beans on toast etc.

Entertainment: <click>

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom with occasional drops of rain.

Entertainment: Veronica Mars S3 E7 "Of vice and men".

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: PM <click> That's enough of the lying bastards for today. Actually Today was enough of the lying bastards for a whole month.

Morse S1 E2 "The silent world of Nicholas Quinn (1987)"

Scotland Yard "the case of the smiling widow (1957). Dear old Roger Delgado again.

Maigret and the lady's companion S14 E1 (2004).
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 16:38.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Sunny start for a change, albeit with a fair few high white bits of fluff that may possibly be of the form known as cirrus. They seem mainly decorative rather than portentous. It's 9°C at the moment and only getting to 15°, while the barometers are bouncing back a bit at 1005/1013mB

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Slightly more sociable time to get up today. No dog to walk , although I might go out for a stroll on my own round the hotel grounds.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    No more telly for me tonight, though I watched a bit more video from Apple WWDC, going on about how wonderful all the new APIs are

The new testing framework looks good, as writing tests with the old one was a bit clunky, it having originated back in the Objective-C days

Anyway, early night now. I've got to go to the dentist for a checkup tomorrow morning, so I ought to be properly rested to make it slightly more bearable

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I was so excited at the prospect of a new 24 Hours in A&E that I watched it live!

That was after a few episodes of Trauma Room 1.

Recycling and food waste bins have been trundled.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Long day almost done

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

HWMBO has gone home.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea: pork chop (from Chatsworth, of course) with chips and beans

Accompanied by the Apple WWDC thing. Lots of AI stuff coming

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

HWMBO has gone home.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X