• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• eek
    replied
    Will add - my annoyance comes from the fact that based on what I was told the only issue was elsewhere cue putting pressure on that elsewhere.

Only to be told by the person I asked to apply pressure that the real issue was on our side.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by covbob View Post

That's a pretty tulipty situation eek - no wonder you're annoyed. I remember my overriding worry when I was buying this place being that I couldn't see the various moving parts of the process as well as I'd like and assure myself that it was all going OK. Any idea when you might be able to get it sorted?
    Nope and that's the problem - things are usually handled via an online portal "Lender Exchange" but this solicitor doesn't use it.

Story I've been told is that 2 page faxes have been sent but not all of it's arrived - I'm sorry but that's the 1990 way of doing things...

Going to be fun when this is finished as I have enough stuff from other emails to get the FCA making painful inquires as to their processes (I've 2 emails with other customer payments listed in it including amounts and reference details which is often house details).

Leave a comment:

• covbob
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Well today we should be completing on twin A’s house but our solicitor has failed to sort the mortgage money out.

trouble is last email he sent said the delay was with the vendor’s solicitor - cue me being very annoyed
    That's a pretty tulipty situation eek - no wonder you're annoyed. I remember my overriding worry when I was buying this place being that I couldn't see the various moving parts of the process as well as I'd like and assure myself that it was all going OK. Any idea when you might be able to get it sorted?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Always thought that given a family friend the work was a bad idea and now he’s successfully confirmed to me that he was the untrustworthy slimy “Christian” I thought he was

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Well today we should be completing on twin A’s house but our solicitor has failed to sort the mortgage money out.

trouble is last email he sent said the delay was with the vendor’s solicitor - cue me being very annoyed

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Wet. Raining. Currently 9 degrees with a high of 14 expected. Rain expected off and on all day. Barometer up to 1010 mBar.

My offer on that flat I saw was accepted! The other people failed referencing, namely the affordability checks. So today will be about sorting my referencing out to ensure I don't suffer the same fate.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Friday.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Wet.

Sunless.

Grey.

Chilly in here at 14 deg, 13 deg in the kitchen, 13.5 deg in the leanto.

1005.3 mBar, 29.686 in Hg, 754 Torr, 14.58 psi, (up from 1004.7 last night), 77% RH (GDR hair), 74% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 24th of September 2019 LM had returned from Scotlandshire, I'd been up the loft gluing bits of slate over the hole in the roof left by the scaffolders some years earlier, and NF was unsure that his windows would be unstuck, whereas NF had forgotten the Roman numerals from Monday links.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 08:47.

Leave a comment:

• covbob
    replied
    Morning all

Barely awake here - kept waking up dreaming last night. Eldest child wouldn't get ready for school. Grey, overcast. TFIF or something.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    After yesterday's weather, this morning started with a very pleasant walk. Overcast skies and a cool temperature meant we could have had a long walk if I hadn't stayed in bed as late as I did.
    Instead it was only 8.2km

TFIF, etc.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Grey start again, but already at 10°C. Not getting much past that though as today's high is a mere 13°, and there's also chances of rain varying from 40% to 45% from lunchtime until midnight. The barometers are slightly up at 994/1002mB

I see weariness once again caused me to fail to sign out last night, so: viewing was the third and, it seems, final episode of the Pompeii thing on iPlayer. Very good, though the suggestion that it's bad to enslave people and then leave them locked up in the face of a volcanic eruption is clearly part of the BBC's woke agenda, intended to undermine support for the government's plan to intern refugees in a lava-spewing fissure in Iceland. And I was going to read some more of The Illusionist but didn't, due to said weariness

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea: a steak and caramelised onion burger in a sesame bun with ketchup, and fries. Very nice

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Popped round to the polling station and cast my ballot. It's only a PCC one here this time around, but it all helps contribute to a crushing defeat

And then I circled back via Sainsbury's Local, as I forgot to get wholemeal baps yesterday. Luckily they still had a few left, so that'll see me through.

Oh, and on the way out, I took a bag of recycling over to the bins.

Very nice sunny evening out there now

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Nice diphthong, bro. .
    Unicode FTW!

Lunch was another couple of Southern not-fried chicken drumsticks that had been in the freezer for ages

And this afternoon brought yet another call from a pharmacist at the GP's, though she didn't have the list of blood pressure readings for the past week that I delivered there this morning, as due to the flood damage she was in an office at the General Hospital a couple of miles away in the other direction, and nobody had got around to scanning and uploading it

Luckily, my blood pressure monitor is Bluetooth-enabled and uploads all its readings to my phone, so I ran through a bunch of them with her. She agreed that they were absolutely fine and no change to medication was needed. This is exactly what happened last year, so I look forward to going through the same palaver twelve months from now. Perhaps I should point out to them that measuring it while you're waiting for them to stick a big spike in you and suck out your blood is likely to lead to an unusually high reading due to the stressful nature of the situation

Leave a comment:

• covbob
    replied
    Another walk to school and back - green ring closed. The sun is really out now. It's entering scorchio territory now.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I have done my civic duty. It was quite a pleasant walk to the polling station and back. There was a mini rush of three people all trying to put their slips of paper in each box which made the people watching proceedings to have to pay a bit more attention.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X