• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea: a Chatsworth ribeye steak (weighing about 14oz) with chips, fried onions and beans. Very nice

Accompanied by an episode of Trucking Hell. It had an "In memoriam" card before the credits for Barbara Crouch, Dave's wife, or possibly mother?

EDIT: wife, according to this judgment of an employment tribunal against Crouch Recovery: https://assets.publishing.service.go...1_Judgment.pdf

And before that, the bed was made so that's one less thing to worry about
    Last edited by NickFitz; Today, 19:30.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Spent all day trying to get the kitchen sorted out. It still looks like a bomb site.

A quick tot up of boxes emptied vs boxes remaining and I'm less than halfway to having a flat that resembles something other than a box showroom

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Just remembered that, following a successful bedding wash earlier in the week, I stripped the bed and left it to air this morning. Suppose I'd better make it again

In other laundry news, the mundane laundry was done today

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    If anyone wants some packing/storage boxes and wrapping paper, I have loads. Free to collector.

That doesn't mean I'm done unpacking, oh no, I am barely halfway through what was in the kitchen / conservatory. My bedroom looks like I've turned into one of those hoarders you see on Channel 4.
    Welcome to the club

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    If anyone wants some packing/storage boxes and wrapping paper, I have loads. Free to collector.

That doesn't mean I'm done unpacking, oh no, I am barely halfway through what was in the kitchen / conservatory. My bedroom looks like I've turned into one of those hoarders you see on Channel 4.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: pork cutlet in a wholemeal bap with apple sauce, and a bag of crisps

And this morning, I took a few minutes to pop down and get a big box of old newspapers and magazines out of the boot of the Corolla, these being the ones I brought back from Derbyshire the other weekend which were originally my Dad's. I found the TV Times from 1961 with his play in it

I also took some stuff that's been cluttering the boot ever since I moved across to the garage. Tomorrow or Sunday, I need to head south to help clear some rubbish out of the parents' place, as we're about to put it on the market. My sister and her husband have moved some of it, but got banned from the local tip for a month for going too frequently

My brother's got a big car and can move a fair amount in one go, and the gardener's also willing to help. But I'm going to do my bit and shift a couple of carloads. That seems to be about the limit in a week if you don't want to get barred. But assuming I get away with those, I can then bring a third load back here, as our tip's not far away so it's no trouble

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Friday.

Dry.

Wanly sunny.

Overcast.

19.5 deg in here, 20.5 deg in the kitchen, 19.5 deg in the leanto.

1010 mBar, 29.8252 in Hg, 757.56 Torr, 14.6488 psi, (down from 1013 last night), 78% RH (GDR hair), 66% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 11th of October 2019 Jeremiah S2 had come to a conclusion and "Name of the Rose E1" went unwatched, whereas NF was watching "The Hunger Games" because he likes it.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the cold breeze & wan sunshine, I saw my shadow at least twice.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: some bollox on R4 about lying politicians (is there any other kind? Just askin' for a friend, like) which went <click> due to lack of innerest.

More brambles decimated. The rose in the front garden didn't survive its last pruning so that's gone too.

Veronica Mars S3 E15 "Papa's Cabin". The solution to "who killed the Dean" one. Downhill all the way now.

Raining. A lot.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: thing about the Cold War from 1945 to 1953 on PBS with that nice Uncle Joe.

Thing about flytipping or whatever on 4.

Halfway House (1944) on Talking Pictures TV.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 19:34.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Buongiorno tutti!

Sorry, keyboard is still in Italian mode.
    Morning all
    TFIF, etc. full flight later.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    And in other news from yesterday, the useless Ealing parking enforcement layabouts did SFA about the car that blocked the space I'd paid for. They didn't even come round to issue a ticket.

It was fortunate that the adjacent driveway that leads to some small commercial buildings didn't have many comings and goings as they had to block that for loading.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Well that was a damp squib.

No broadband today because the conduit (?) from the junction on the pavement to the property is too corroded to pass the cable through. BT have to come out to repair it.

So, that won't be done in time for me to return to work next week or do the interview I had lined up for Tuesday morning.

Feck and buggeration.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Sunny, clear sky. Currently 17 degrees with a high of 24 expected. Barometer down to 1017 mBar.

It was delightful to sleep in a properly dark bedroom after two years of ineffective curtains / blinds. Didn't sleep all that well as I was a bit achy but that'll soon pass.

Broadband installation person is due imminently, I must be first on the job list. I wish them luck finding a parking space.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    for it is Viz publication day
    Ah! Something to live for! Apart from boring Sainburies shop may have a loony lady 3 walk today. Get round to phoning her later.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Friday!

Sunny start today, and a warm one at 15°C. It's supposed to get to 22° later, which is nice enough as long as it doesn't go on for too long. The barometers are down though, at 1002/1010mB

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea tonight was oniony chicken casserole with chips and peas

And telly was the police night shift thing in Gloucestershire, this time mainly about Cheltenham during the horse racing festival, when the entire town centre of an evening is full of people from elsewhere who've been drinking since ten in the morning

Friday tomorrow!

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I have been moved. The removal lads did a fab job and now I'm sat surrounded by boxes and no internet (other than mobile). The bed is made and I've picked up dinner from a Carribbean place around the corner.

Tomorrow, after my broadband has been installed, I have to go back to the old place to empty the fridge and bring the contents back. I'll switch my fridge freezer on before I go to bed to get it nicely chilled in readiness.

So far, so good.
    Congratulations!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X