• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• xoggoth
    replied
    Just had huge downpour and some serious thunder here, disconnected the phone line and aerial temporaily. Had things damaged before.
    PS VIZ!!!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea: lamb steaks with chips, peas and gravy

The lightning map is showing some activity about ten or fifteen miles to both the southwest and east, so maybe it'll meet in the middle

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Invitation arrived by email to the AGM of the limited company that owns our exclusive residential development, of which I own one share. They didn't have an AGM last year for some reason. Looking forward to hearing that the path behind Block B still hasn't been fixed, and other such scintillating news

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: pâté on toast

Rather Simpsonesque out there now the overcast and drizzle has moved on

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Sunny, blue sky, wispy fluff here and there. Currently 24 degrees with a high of 28 expected. Some chance of rain with thunderstorms from about 4pm onwards. Barometer down a bit to 1012 mBar.

Yesterday evening HWMBO and I went to visit friends who live a 15 minute walk away. They fed us a very delicious dinner and then we waddled back home again.

There was a note left on my car at some point yesterday asking me to refrain from parking there because some contractors for the council needed to clean the gulleys. As I noticed this note at 11pm after a drink, I didn't move my car. On getting up this morning, I noticed they had already been and cleared what they could, working around the cars that hadn't moved. No parking fines issued to the cars that didn't move.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Thursday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Warm in here at 23.1 deg, 25 in the kitchen, 23 in the leanto.

1006 mBar, 29.707 in Hg, 754.56 Torr, 14.59 psi, (unchanged), 77% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 27th of October 2019 there was yet more clock changing, xogg having arrived somewhere an hour earlier than arranged due to having forgotten, whereas NF was seeing fireworks, and LM related turning up at PC World an hour early.

There seems to be something going on next door: looks like more painting or suchlike.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. No more out today it's too darn hot. Phew wot a scorcher.

Lunch: beans on toast etc.

Entertainment: the last 30 seconds of The Infinite Monkey Cage latest S, some chap waffling on about status, Y&Y waffling on about environment friendly cleaning products <click>. Feck essential oils, I'll stick with the bleach.

Moved the other bookcase in the hall to clean under it.

Then moved on to the front room office junk room and proceeded to clean under the filing cabinet and one of the desks. Why do I have so many tools? Just askin' like.

My recently demised mate had even more & larger, so his Mrs is going to have great fun getting shot of those.

It's one of life's little ironies that he bought most of them from the widows of demised gentlemen over the last 10 years or so.

Knackered now. It's 27 deg in there & gets hotter with the vac running.

Unpleasantly warm cold shower but it did make me feel a bit cleaner.

Entertainment whilst recovering from exertions: The Mentalist S3 E23 part one.

Tea: chicken in white sauce etc.

Entertainment: The Mentalist S3 E23 part II.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 16:01.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Hot and sweaty night, with a heavy dew on the ground. A bit of a heat haze going on although the sun is burning through that quickly.
    Walk has been walked, cold shower has been cold showered.

CURRENT CONDITIONS
    20.7 °C
    Feels Like 20.7 °

DEWPOINT
    17.7 °C

PRESSURE
    1,024.04 hPa

HUMIDITY
    83 %

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Grey out with a bit of drizzle, which isn't exactly the storms and flooding that were prognosticated. Makes a change though

It's expected to clear a little then cloud over again later, with some more rain due for the next couple of hours (100%) and again this evening, maybe (15%). Still warm in here at around 25°C but outside is a more sensible 17° and not expected to pass 25°; so still warm, but not as bad. The barometers are down a little more at 1002/1009mB

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Night all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Bit of old Police Interceptors watched earlier

Once again, too hot to do anything else

The lightning map doesn't show anything interesting coming this way yet, though there was a brief flurry of activity in Schleswig-Holstein. The middle of France seems to be copping it. The prediction from the Met Office suggests we may get storms passing over between five and eight in the morning though, so that would be nice to wake up to

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    I've decided I can do without sitting around waiting for a faint breeze to make its way through the window, and have ordered a portable air conditioner off Amazon. It'll be delivered on Saturday, so that'll be the end of the warm weather for this year

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea: chicken madras with rice and naan

Down to 24°C here now. In theory there's a breeze, but I don't see the trees doing any moving

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied
    stepping oot reporting:

'Kinot!!!!!
    beer urgently required!

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Weather station currently reporting:
    CURRENT CONDITIONS
    29.7 °C