• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been homemade sweet & sour pork and fried rice

Accompanied by the latest episode of Secrets of the London Underground covering Stockwell tube station and the DLR

Very nice out now, though a bit late for it

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Afternoon all

Sunny with lumps of fluff and quite a stiff breeze. There was a risk of rain around lunchtime that never materialised. Currently 22 degrees and the high was 23. Barometer is down to 1008 mBar.

Today I wandered up to Waitrose to collect a grocery order. I noticed that their online offers (app or website) are often not available when shopping in store. So, I ordered online for collection those discounted items I wanted and then double checked while I was in the shop for any other items that are cheaper in store than online.

Job hunting is not going well. The (often) automated responses suggest that I lack the skill, experience or both for all the roles I'm going for. There seems to be hundreds of people applying for every role despite, if one were to believe such things, there being a skills shortage in the UK... I would hope the skills shortage claims are not for the kind of work I'm looking for and the noise is about brain surgeons and rocket scientists.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch has been the last of the leftover KFC. There's been a lot of it as they had one of those offers where the thing you wanted plus a bunch of other stuff is cheaper than just getting the thing

There was some quite heavy rain this morning, but the cloud is clearing a little and it's brightening up a bit now

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Tuesday apparently, though the Lidl(tm) clock is convinced it's Monday with the moon half full.

Still .

Wet.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Sunless

Cool in here at 19.7 deg, 20.5 deg in the kitchen, 18 deg in the leanto.

1003.5 mBar, 29.63333 in Hg, 752.6868 Torr, 14.5545 psi, (up from 1003 last night), 74% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 3rd of November 2019 there was discussion of crumpets, pikelets, and scrambled egg, while LM attended two church services, one on R4, the other in person at a christening, whereas I was watching yet more BTVS as is only right & proper.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 08:01.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Sunny start, but with patchy cloud and still quite breezy. Already at 16°C but not getting any higher than 20°, while the barometers are down again at 995/1002mB

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    I was going to read some more of the book about Spycatcher, but I got distracted by some Swift stuff I've been playing with and got that working instead

Getting very windy out now, and blowing directly at my bedroom. I may shut the window so the blind doesn't fly off and smother me as I sleep

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    KFC leftovers for tea

Accompanied by an old Traffic Cops

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Getting quite windy here - currently 18mph with gusts up to 31mph

There was supposed to be a shower earlier, but no discernible rain resulted. Chance of some more later though.

No news on the fate of the project because the senior person who will inform us wasn't in today, and the other senior folk who might know have been maintaining radio silence

So we all have to continue doing stuff as if there's a point to it, though there almost certainly isn't

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Afternoon all

Cloudy, dull, a light breeze. Currently 20 degrees with the high of 21 still to come apparently. Feels a lot chillier than the temp would have you believe. No rain forecast but I have a hunch there'll be a shower of some sort, judging by the grey in the clouds. Barometer is up a bit to 1013 mBar.

This morning I have been doing my year end accounts and Q4 VAT return.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch for a cloudy day: Heinz tomato soup and white toast

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Links are up

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    : . Someone always catches his death at a funeral.

Morning.

Horrendous night's sleep. .

Had to put the electric blanket back on the bed to control the violent shivering.

Dry, currently.

Grey.

Sunless.

Cool in here at 19.5 deg.

1009.5 mBar, 29.81 in Hg, (1012 last night), 70% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 3rd of November 2019 I ventured as far as the viewless point, and NF had toasted muffin and a nice mug of tea.

No breakfast other than tea.

Entertainment: The Good Place S2 E7, E8, E9. E10, E11, E12, E13.

No lunch other than tea.

Entertainment: The Good Place S3 E1, E2, E3, E4, E5, E6, E7, E8.

Tea: scrambled egg.

Entertainment: The Good Place S3 E9, E10, E11, E12, E13.

I have no recollection of any of S3. I wonder if it was ever broadcast on E4 back in the day.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Yesterday, 19:46.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Overcast and murky here, but not raining.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Cloudy start out, or perhaps smoky? Anyway, naught but the wannest of wan sunshine getting through the occasional thinner bit. It's 13°C now and won't get past 21° later, while the barometers are up a little at 1005/1012mB. They haven't got much higher than that for weeks, IIRC

Leave a comment:

Working...
X