• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• WTFH
    replied
    Two foxes, one hedgehog so far this evening, and no new mower.

TFBSZ

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lots of early Monkey Life on earlier, taking us into S2

And then the assortment of wildlife stuff with the peculiar focus on sharks

Also read a bit more of Pepys' 1667 diary later on

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea was from Nando's

Nearly got enough loyalty card stamps from there to get a free chicken, which is the ultimate goal

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    The air conditioner seems to do a good job of cooling the place down, though it's not really needed today. I believe it'll be warmer again tomorrow, so it'll have the chance to prove its mettle then

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Are you doing a video of you unpacking the aircon?

Or not bothering since it's not an iAircon?

Just askin' like. .

My portable aircon is currently down in the garage because I'm too mean to run it for the 3 or 4 days a year it's useful.

Plus, having sold the house next door to the idle pair, I no longer have a bedroom that regularly reaches 95 deg in the summer.
    No unboxing video - I see no reason to exhibit my struggles to extract 21.52kg of machine from its wrappings

It's now set up and at work. It was a bit of a struggle to get it set up, due to having to get it in a position where it could poke its hose out of the window and also be plugged in. Might see if they do a longer hose

To be fair, that process would probably have been a bit easier if the relevant corner didn't still contain assorted bits of crap, many of which were put there when I first moved in and have been awaiting "sorting out" ever since

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Are you doing a video of you unpacking the aircon?

Or not bothering since it's not an iAircon?

Just askin' like. .

My portable aircon is currently down in the garage because I'm too mean to run it for the 3 or 4 days a year it's useful.

Plus, having sold the house next door to the idle pair, I no longer have a bedroom that regularly reaches 95 deg in the summer.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Belated breakfast of a buttered bacon bap

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Cloudy but reasonably bright. Dry. Currently 22 degrees with a high of 24 expected. Barometer down to 1010 mBar.

Lazy morning had so far. Off out later to meet friends who have dinner at 5pm.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    The air conditioner has arrived!

The very helpful Amazon delivery guy was willing to carry all ~30kg of it up the stairs for me, but I reassured him that getting it to the lift would be more than sufficient

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Up betimes for a Saturday, as the air conditioner is on a different Amazon delivery run to the usual one for small stuff that doesn't even leave the depot until around 11am. This one was on its way up the M1 by a quarter to nine, and is now only seven stops away

It's a drizzly grey start but warm for the time of day at 18°C, though it won't get any higher than 21°. The barometers are down some more at 998/1005mB

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Thunderstorm!
    Om.

Morning.

Saturday.

House stinking of cuprinol all night even with the upstairs windows open, though the bedroom was ok with the door closed.

Drily damp.

Wanly sunny.

Blue sky in parts.

Warm in here at 21.7 (was 22.5 before I opened the doors), 22 in the kitchen, 20 in the leanto, 18 in the saltinghouse.

1006 mBar, 29.707 in Hg, 754.56 Torr, 14.59 psi, (up from 1005 last night), 67% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 28th of October 2019 LM found it chilly on her walk to the tube, NF put the Monday links up and had sardine toasties for lunch whilst observing how quiet the Polish shop was now the leaves had fallen off the horse chestnut tree, and WTFH was trying to get himself blocked on twatter by some Tory MP or other, the one for somewhere in Devon, whereas I had a walk to the viewless point and discovered another couple of what used to be footpaths until they chopped all the trees down.

Shirts in the WM.

Shirts out of the WM.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM.

All the above pegged out on the lines.

The bookcase is back in the alcove now perched on a couple of bricks with the fitted carpet rolled back to allow ventilation.

The books wouldn't go back in the bookcase the way that they came out.

Twas ever thus.

More added to the pile to bless Oxfam with next week on the monthly trip to that Swansea.. I think they really love me in that shop.

The only reason there's a 26" crt tv in there is because it's too big & heavy for me to get it back out again.

The purloined glassware (funnel, measuring cylinders, beakers, etc.) is now in the tin shed. Dunno why since like almost everything else it'll never be used again.

Lunch: beans on toast etc.

Anyone want a 26" crt tv, two Racal RA17 (one an L one a mkII), a racal LF adaptor, some sideband adaptor thing I haven't plugged in in the 25 years I've owned it, or a Murphy B40B receiver?

Just askin' like.

It's all too heavy for me to cope with these days.

Shirts in off the line, iRoned & airing upstairs. All new shirts apart from one gardening shirt and the last of the ancient shirts that's still got a good collar.

Smalls in off the line & airing upstairs.

Knackered now.

Entertainment: The Mentalist S4 E9, E10, E11.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: Dixon of Dock Green S22 E5 "Alice (1976)". Oh look, it's about illegal immigration and the illegal transfer of £5k abroad to fund 40 citizens of the subcontinent from Ostend. Back then you were allowed to take all of £25 out of the country. Oh how things have changed.

The Mentalist S4 E12, E13, E14.

The Edgar Wallace Mystery Theatre enough of that.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 18:48.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Blue skies and sunshine, but Mad Max the Spannerhead is exhausted after running on the beach and swimming yesterday, so after I let him into the garden, he then went back to bed.
    In the meantime, I’m wondering if my new mower will arrive today.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tonight's major motion picture premiere was Flight (2012) in which Denzel Washington demonstrates that being pissed and coked up is the best preparation for landing an ailing airliner. Sully probably wouldn't agree. It's pretty good though

And then a rewatch of Cast Away (2000) in which Tom Hanks gets some alone time with a volleyball. Very good, as everybody probably knows by now

Finally, a further episode of S4 of The Wire in which the secret of the vacants is about to come to light

I should have got to sleep earlier as my air conditioner is being delivered tomorrow, with no suggestion of the time other than "before 10pm". I hope they don't turn up first thing

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Visit to sunny Sussex by the sea completed and I scored a parking space right outside my flat, so I am very happy about that.

Popped into a car repair shop on the outskirts of Littlehampton that has a very good reputation, as endorsed by my Dad and brother, who have previously done repairs on yea olde jalopy. They quoted £500-600 to sort the rust on the rear wheel arch (same price as when they repaired the other side, pre-covid) and another £400 to sort out the front bumper if I get it done at the same time. Very good price and I know the work will be excellent so now I just need to work out a good time to travel down to leave the car there.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been corned beef hash

Accompanied by a bit of Trucking Hell. I see further episodes (well, at least one) of the latest series thereof are starting to appear

Leave a comment:

Working...
X