• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    I was going to read some more of the book about Spycatcher, but I got distracted by some Swift stuff I've been playing with and got that working instead

Getting very windy out now, and blowing directly at my bedroom. I may shut the window so the blind doesn't fly off and smother me as I sleep

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    KFC leftovers for tea

Accompanied by an old Traffic Cops

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Getting quite windy here - currently 18mph with gusts up to 31mph

There was supposed to be a shower earlier, but no discernible rain resulted. Chance of some more later though.

No news on the fate of the project because the senior person who will inform us wasn't in today, and the other senior folk who might know have been maintaining radio silence

So we all have to continue doing stuff as if there's a point to it, though there almost certainly isn't

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Afternoon all

Cloudy, dull, a light breeze. Currently 20 degrees with the high of 21 still to come apparently. Feels a lot chillier than the temp would have you believe. No rain forecast but I have a hunch there'll be a shower of some sort, judging by the grey in the clouds. Barometer is up a bit to 1013 mBar.

This morning I have been doing my year end accounts and Q4 VAT return.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch for a cloudy day: Heinz tomato soup and white toast

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Links are up

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    : . Someone always catches his death at a funeral.

Morning.

Horrendous night's sleep. .

Had to put the electric blanket back on the bed to control the violent shivering.

Dry, currently.

Grey.

Sunless.

Cool in here at 19.5 deg.

1009.5 mBar, 29.81 in Hg, (1012 last night), 70% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 3rd of November 2019 I ventured as far as the viewless point, and NF had toasted muffin and a nice mug of tea.

No breakfast other than tea.

Entertainment: The Good Place S2 E7, E8, E9. E10, E11, E12, E13.

No lunch other than tea.

Entertainment: The Good Place S3 E1, E2, E3, E4, E5, E6, E7, E8.

Tea: scrambled egg.

Entertainment: The Good Place S3 E9, E10, E11, E12, E13.

I have no recollection of any of S3. I wonder if it was ever broadcast on E4 back in the day.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 19:46.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Overcast and murky here, but not raining.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Cloudy start out, or perhaps smoky? Anyway, naught but the wannest of wan sunshine getting through the occasional thinner bit. It's 13°C now and won't get past 21° later, while the barometers are up a little at 1005/1012mB. They haven't got much higher than that for weeks, IIRC

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Wondered if someone had stolen the moon as haven't seen it for a while, so went outside to look last night. It was about full but quite red and dim. Turns out it's due to wild fires across the Atlantic.

Rare blue supermoon forecast as vivid red sunset skies seen above UK - BBC News

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    This evening, I've been reading some more of To Catch a Spy, covering the early part of Peter Wright's career at MI5 up to the point in 1964 where Anthony Blunt admitted to being a Soviet spy in return for not being prosecuted

Monday again tomorrow. Maybe there'll finally be a decision over the fate of the project

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been bits of the Big Chicken, reheated, with chips and ketchup

Accompanied by the remaining half of an old 24 Hours in A&E that I hadn't finished watching last week, and then another old one as there doesn't seem to be a new one this week

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    The gardener had indeed shorn the meadow that was the front lawn and generally tidied up nicely.

Uneventful drive there and back. Tried a new route and I think I've found a winner. Simpler with better traffic flow than the nonsense Google comes up with.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Mundane laundry done and dried

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Buttered bacon bap (white) for lunch, again

Just remembered I need to do the mundane laundry, so I'd better get that sorted out

Leave a comment:

Working...
X