• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    There's a pied wagtail on the lawn!

We don't usually see them here - it probably lives in the park, where there's a pond (they like living near water) but isn't so keen on the bands

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I have internet! Woo!
    It's a trap! It's too late for us, but flee! Flee for your life!

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied
    I have internet! Woo!

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I have internet! Woo!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Bacon butty for lunch

No further rain, so there's a chance the park won't be turned into a quagmire

I'm confused about the road closures. Looking at the council's website, it says the road past the park will only be closed from 9pm to midnight, and that only from near the other end of our road to another side road further down. But Google Maps' traffic layer has all of it closed all day. Same for the main road along the top of the park. There's another map site dedicated to road closures, roadworks and such that the council link to from their site, but that says the same as Google

I suppose I could satisfy my curiosity by walking a hundred yards and looking for myself. But I can't really be bothered

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post
    Morning Citizens
    so, July 6th already. and it's pissing down with rain.
    bloody Labour guvmint!

mutter mutter, bugrit bugrit bugrit.
    Om

EDIT: Ah, I see Dr S beat me to it. I spent too long blathering

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Overcast. Wet. Raining. Currently 12 degrees ('feels like' 10) with a high of 17 expected. Rain forecast off and on all day. Barometer at 1000 mBar.

My barometer was reading far higher than the weather app so I've opted to 'recalibrate' it and see if it significantly drifts again. (Recalibration being via the little screw on the back, not a hammer)

Today I am expecting the internet to arrive and, less hopefully, a water meter. The bill from Thames Water for an unmetered small flat was huge compared to what I was paying in the house (which was metered). I'm not letting them shysters get away with that. However, what I thought was the stop cock inside the flat doesn't appear to do anything so I don't know if a meter can be fitted. Will find out this afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post
    Morning Citizens
    bloody Labour guvmint!

Zen Chury Om.

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied
    Morning Citizens
    bloody Labour guvmint!

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Is The Good Ship Murder the one where it always ends with the cheesy crooner doing a song?
    Yeh, sometimes find it a good inspiration for my cheesy Tuesday karaoke session.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Saturday apparently.

Damp.

Torrential overnight.

Grey.

Sunless.

Cool in here at 18.9 deg, 19.5 in the kitchen, 18 in the leanto.

998 mBar, 29.47 in Hg, 748.56 Torr, 14.4747 psi, (up from 996 last night), 70% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 17th of October 2019 it was still raining old women & sticks, and further eps of BTVS S2 were enjoyed, while NF had problems with the firealarm thing beeping in the hall which the Magick Code failed to clear, while LM shared cinema related seat swapping tales.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom, light rain, wan sunshine, more gloom, and finally more rain as I walked in through the back door.

Lunch: beans on toast (cheesy) etc.

Entertainment: Moneybox. <click>

Freecell score: 75%, running average: 86%

House roughly vacced.

Entertainment: Veronica Mars S2 E19, E20.

Ancient Aliens bollox on Blaze. Apparently ancient aliens nuked MohengoDaro when they weren't turning on & off missile silos.

Dixon of Dock Green S22 E

Something else to relieve the tedium & ennui of the evening.

The Edgar Wallace Mystery Theatre:

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 17:29.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Grey and drizzly out after a rainy night, though the rain is expected to finally stop soon. On the mild side too, being 10°C with an expected high of 16°. The barometers are down to 986/994mB

It seems Kasabian's thing in the park is more an evening event than the all-dayer I expected, with the gates not opening until mid-afternoon and the bands not starting until teatime

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Yetserday’s rain should make gardening a little easier today.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Is The Good Ship Murder the one where it always ends with the cheesy crooner doing a song?

In other news, BA can get me and my luggage out of a hurricane zone but can't do the same from Glasgow to London . I'll get home eventually today but my luggage will take a day or two more. My Bajan rum had better not be damaged.
    Yep that’s the one - it’s been recommissioned 2 more series and a Christmas special - hardly surprising is channel 5’s second most popular show after all creatures

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    No further telly this evening

It's been very rainy, and might continue to be so overnight. Not sure what this will do to the park, which will have tens of thousands of people trampling on it tomorrow

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

Working...
X