• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• WTFH
    replied
    TFBSZ

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Watched half an episode of Traffic Cops but I'm too tired for telly

Thursday tomorrow, apparently. Soon be Friday, and the start of my holiday!

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    A nice catch up had in Kingston. Took about 1h45m to get there on the bus and about an hour to get home. That meant I only paid £3.50 to get there and back.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Afternoon all

Sunny with a mix of lumpy and wispy fluff. Currently 22 degrees with a high of 28 expected. Barometer down to 1010 mBar.

Had a lovely dinner at Blacklock Chop House last night with HWMBO.
    Half-millennium!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Home again!

I decided to walk back from the station, including a visit to a comparatively new chip shop down that way. This mainly served to remind me of how terribly unfit I am, as home is uphill from there (well, it's a hill by the relative standards of the regional terrain)

Anyway, the chippy seems decent enough. Mind, they have the vague "fish" listed on the menu, with no mention of cod or haddock, and the fish I got definitely wasn't either of those; just some generic but cheaper white fish. Nice enough though, and the chips and batter were both up to scratch

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    I always forget there’s a small Greggs near the EMR platforms at St. Pancras. Grabbed myself a steak bake and a sausage roll, and got the rearmost front-facing seat which happened to be unreserved

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Meeting done, followed by a couple of pints in the pub over the road from the office. Now in a pub opposite St. Pancras, waiting for my ticket to become valid

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Afternoon all

Sunny with a mix of lumpy and wispy fluff. Currently 22 degrees with a high of 28 expected. Barometer down to 1010 mBar.

Had a lovely dinner at Blacklock Chop House last night with HWMBO.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Annoying morning, can't find any garages that can fix my gearbox problem within next 2 weeks, and two thermometers in fridge reading 15'C yet there is ice on the back. Eh???

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    I’m on the train (slightly late)

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Wednesday apparently though the clock reckons it's Tu.

Grey.

Sunless.

Cool in here at 19.1 deg, 20.5 deg in the kitchen, 18 deg in the leanto.

1007 mBar, 29.73663 in Hg, 755.3121 Torr, 14.6 psi, (untapped), 74% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 6th of November 2019 it was cold and wet, and the Wayback machine hadn't saved images of the Beachsafe from 2000.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom: saw my shadow twice.

Lunch: there was lunch.

Entertainment: Fringe S2 E19, E20, E21, E22, E23, all the remaining S2 extras.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: Fringe S3 E1 where things aren't going well for our heroine.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Yesterday, 21:18.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Grey start out and a shower expected soon. But it's warm nonetheless: currently 16°C with an expected high of 23° here and soaring to 27° down in That London, whither I must go. The barometers remain unconvinced though, being down to 1001/1009mB

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    No more telly tonight but over at MI5, Peter Wright has finally retired

London tomorrow! What a hassle. Still, it makes a change

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• WTFH