• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea: beef short rib in Guinness gravy with chips and peas

I definitely got that beef short rib recipe just right when I made that batch, so I hope I can remember what went in it next time

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Shrinkflation!!
    I thought that, but then I vaguely remembered making the same mistake in the past - I think they do lamb mince in small and normal (i.e. the same as beef mince) sizes, for some reason (probably related to price).

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lots of time on Teams today, because we're facing all kinds of partly administrative, partly technical hurdles for an important part of the project at the moment. Meanwhile, I'm still trying to convince an external supplier that there's a bug in their thing, somewhat hampered by our contact repeatedly just telling me what I should be doing, and me explaining that no, that doesn't work either, because they've got a bug. Looks like they've finally escalated it to their technical people, so maybe it'll get fixed now

Meanwhile, the gardeners (for there are two) have been busy about the grounds all afternoon, despite frequent showers.

And lunch was a bowl of Scotch broth

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

The tube is above ground at Action Town, no need for glass tunnels
    changed since i was last round there then
    was more like sleepy valley.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Meanwhile on the 3rd of October 2019 there was discussion of iPlayer, expiry dates thereon, LM watched a sunrise from the tube (glass tunnels in that London?), while NF watched eps of "The Troubles" on iPlayer followed by more Breaking Bad, and WTFH was preparing for his op, while I had a poor night's sleep due to too much gardening the day before.
    The tube is above ground at Action Town, no need for glass tunnels

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Before going out on our walk earlier, I could hear the rain beating down on the windows. Given the temperature, dress code was shorts and a t-shirt with wellies and stockman coat.
    If it had been any wetter, I'd have been calling a general election.
    By the time we got home, having surpassed 10,000 steps and 9.25km, I had time for a quick shower before work. Meanwhile Max thoroughly enjoyed the rain, running through fields of long grass like he was Theresa May.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Some of my fine words are missing above:

Morning.

Tuesday apparently.

Wet. Wet. With more wet incase the first wet wasn't wet enough.

Cool in here at 17.2 deg, 18 deg in the kitchen, 17 deg in the leanto.

1007 mBar, 29.7366 in Hg, 755.3 Torr, 14.6 psi, (down from 1009 last night), 78% RH (GDR hair), 72% RH (Lidl electric).

Today's nightmare before waking was yet another involving a new job at some tuliphole somewhere or other. I woke up when some clown I was working with/for declared that I'd be working in Sussex for the next month, upon which I told him I don't drive any more. Curiously the chap walking through walls wasn't so problematic, strange to relate.

Meanwhile on the 3rd of October 2019 there was discussion of iPlayer, expiry dates thereon, LM watched a sunrise from the tube (glass tunnels in that London?), while NF watched eps of "The Troubles" on iPlayer followed by more Breaking Bad, and WTFH was preparing for his op, while I had a poor night's sleep due to too much gardening the day before.

Freecell score in the endless drizzle: 93%, running average: 86%.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: TWATO. The thing about something or other being stolen from the BM at 13:45.

Sorting the books brought up from the garage. Junkroom now even fuller than it was.

Still can't find "A Murder of Quality" which I'm convinced I saw whilst faffing about yesterday.

Entertainment: Veronica Mars S2 E19 "Nevermind the buttocks": the one where much is revealed and the plot thickens.

Tea:

Entertainment: Scotland Yard "Bullet from the past (1957)".

Maigret at the Doctors (2004).
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 15:12.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Tea has been shepherds pie

I discovered when making it that the minced lamb comes in 250g portions when I'd been assuming 400g, so I had to switch to a smaller pie dish at short notice
    Shrinkflation!!

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Raining. This is set to continue until early afternoon and possibly return this evening. Currently 14 degrees with a high of 17 expected. Barometer down to 1014 mBar.

The job and flat hunts continue.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Tuesday apparently.

Wet. Wet. With more wet incase the first wet wasn't wet enough.

Cool in here at 17.2 deg, 18 deg in the kitchen, 17 deg in the leanto.

1007 mBar, 29.7366 in Hg, 755.3 Torr, 14.6 psi, (down from 1009 last night), 78% RH (GDR hair), 72% RH (Lidl electric).

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 08:23.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Having turned off my alarms for the Bank Holiday, I forgot to reenable then, so it's been a nice lie-in that's turned into a hasty start

Grey start out; 13°C now, 19° later, rain starting shortly and continuing until the afternoon, barometers trivially down at 1000/1007mB

Must dash!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tonight's viewing started with Trauma Room One - HT to ladymuck for the tip off

And then another C5 thing, Police: Suspect No. 1 which also has a one in the title, but is otherwise unrelated

Back to work tomorrow. Oh well, only four days…

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Ambulance outside, must be one of my old neighbours. Eeeh!
    When I first moved here, there were ambulances outside quite often. But the old lady in the other half of my block died earlier this year, and I think the other frequent flier was an elderly gentleman from the adjacent block who died about a year ago. So we haven't had one in a while

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been shepherds pie

I discovered when making it that the minced lamb comes in 250g portions when I'd been assuming 400g, so I had to switch to a smaller pie dish at short notice

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Ambulance outside, must be one of my old neighbours. Eeeh!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X