• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Currently trying to work out why the LG TV I am using as a monitor on my other computer has suddenly decided to only show 95% of the picture, the rest being off the screen.
    TV problem solved, switched the ratio from 16:9 to "Just Scan".

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Short walk this morning in the sunshine (5.3km)
    Currently trying to work out why the LG TV I am using as a monitor on my other computer has suddenly decided to only show 95% of the picture, the rest being off the screen.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Sunny start with patchy cloud out, though this is predicted to revert to generic cloudiness later. Relatively nippy too, being 8°C, and not getting past 14° this afternoon. The barometers are hovering at 1001/1009mB

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    The wind suddenly got.up and the rain came down.
    We had that this afternoon, but then it turned into a very nice evening

Lots of time spent this evening on setting up the new iPad, checking out the keyboard-with-trackpad that makes it like a little laptop, experimenting with the Apple Pencil, and so on

The evening's viewing started with yet another of C5's innumerable police things

And then E2 of the D Day tapes thing. Omaha Beach wasn't very nice at all, from the sound of it - though nowhere was at all good

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    The wind suddenly got.up and the rain came down.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    First post from the new iPad Air

Tea: roast duck leg in plum sauce with chips

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I had my final check in for the flu jab trial I've been on for the past 9 months and that triggered a payment of £935. Not exactly a new career but it pays for the removal chaps.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    The iPad Air has arrived!

Unfortunately, I don't even have time to open the box right now

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: cajun chicken breast butty (wholemeal)

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post

Morning (just)
    are landlines still a thing? when I moved my BT broadband the 'landline' was VOIP, so i canned it (NBG in emergency. - no power = no router = feck all comms)
    Well, yes, it is all moving over to VOIP. A lot of offers are still bundling a landline of some flavour with broadband. The new fibre connections seem to be unbundled for the most part.

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied

I went with Hey!Broadband and their home worker package. I wanted something that didn't have to come bundled with a phone line.

Morning (just)
    are landlines still a thing? when I moved my BT broadband the 'landline' was VOIP, so i canned it (NBG in emergency. - no power = no router = feck all comms)

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied

I went with Hey!Broadband and their home worker package. I wanted something that didn't have to come bundled with a phone line.
    Yes, I'm glad there are now services without a phone. I paid Virgin Media for a phone line that didn't work for years. Sky Business added insult to injury as the phone line they insisted on turned out not to even be a proper phone line - it's a VOIP thing that plugs into the router, hogging a port. Due to a shortage of power sockets in the relevant spot, it's never even been connected

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    A meeting overran and there wasn't much time to do anything before the next one, so I bought myself a new iPad Air just for something to do. Delivery tomorrow
    The iPad is apparently going to spend much of the day wandering the land, as it left the depot at 9:15 but won't be here until after 16:00

During standup my phone rang with a number I didn't recognise, so naturally I ignored it. Afterwards I Googled the number, and it was from a small hairdressing salon near the seafront in Swanage, a place I've never been

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Cloudy. Grey. Currently 18 degrees with a high of 20 expected. Rain forecast this afternoon / early evening. Barometer down to 1015 mBar.

Sold a Tumi carry on suitcase this morning, so that's an extra £100 I didn't have when I woke up. Someone got themselves a bargain and I have one less thing to move that I don't use.

Leave a comment:

• covbob
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

It's a Toyota - patch up that bit and the rest of it will keep going forever

Can't remember exactly what mine's on but I think it's about 165K at the age of 23
    Thanks NF - that's roughly what I was thinking! I like this car. It's comfortable, big enough to fit in multiple children when I need to and has decent fuel economy. For £3000 back in about 2019 it's done OK so far! Might as well stick with it a while longer.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X