• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• ladymuck
    replied

Afternoon all

Dull but not wet. Currently 17 degrees and that's the high for the day. No rain forecast. Barometer was up to 1014 mBar but has since dropped back to 1011 mBar.

This morning I was on site at ClientCo and I came home at lunchtime as I'm meeting friends in town this evening and I didn't want to get stuck in traffic later

Scrambled maps has had an update you can now select the number of tiles the map is cut up into. Looks a lot harder now.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: ham toasties

Bit of a quiet day today as ClientGov is having its annual live-in-person meet-up down in London, and most people are there. I was asked whether I was coming and politely declined. They asked why (not pressuring me, just so they have an idea of why people might choose not to go) and I pointed out that out of four visits to London on their behalf in the last three years, two have resulted in me spending a couple of weeks laid out by some foul disease, suggesting a 50:50 chance of it happening again. They agreed that this was an excellent reason not to bother going

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Tuesday apparently.

Grey.

Dark.

Dreary.

Dank.

Apparently dry.

Chilly in here at 14.9 deg, 15 deg in the kitchen, 13 deg in the leanto.

1008.5 mBar, 29.78 in Hg, 746.44 Torr, 14.627 psi, (down from 1011 last night), 66% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 21st of November 2019 WTFH had hot water restored by the needful doings of the plumber, Brillo poked his head above the parapet, and I spent yet more time "killing" brambles and taking stuff down the dump, having reached S6 of BTVS and viewed the advent of Skip in "Angel".
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 07:46.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Grr. Too much on this week. Old fart art this morning and karaoke in evening. Tomorrow old fart group walk morning and history society talk in evening. Cabaret Thursday and loony lady 1 Friday.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    The Halifax finally got around to refunding the extra payment they took at the start of the month, so I think that means the matter of the mortgage is completely done and dusted

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Cloudy start but dry, and milder too: already at 9°C with an expected high of 16°. The barometers are very slightly up at 1004/1012mB

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    No more telly tonight as I finished reading The Siege. Excellent stuff, well worth reading if you're interested in such things

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Son's scrambled eggy lunch followed by 38m walky. Shorter than usual but it's grey and rainy.
    I assume that "m" stands for minutes, not miles?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been twirly pasta bol

Accompanied by the one remaining episode of the Brighton cops thing on All4, which served to remind me that I don't actually like Brighton much

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Son's scrambled eggy lunch followed by 38m walky. Shorter than usual but it's grey and rainy.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: leftover pork chop in a wholemeal bap

No apple sauce because I've run out

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Links are up

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    ClientGov have approved my request to change to a four-day week so henceforth, Fridays are my own!

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Dull, damp from much overnight / early morning rain. Currently 11 degrees with a high of 13 expected. Chance of more rain over lunchtime. Barometer at 1011 mBar.

HWMBO has gone home and I'm still job hunting.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    ClientGov have approved my request to change to a four-day week so henceforth, Fridays are my own!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X